"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm always wishing

I'm always wishing my kids (besides Noah of course) would just let me sit and take their pictures. Well, Saturday my wish came true :) kinda. For a few minutes.


Luke and Kelly and I were eating nectarines together on the front lawn and Luke was like, "take wots of pichurs of me mommy!"


So I did :) He just danced around being silly right there in front of me for quite a while. I loved it. He had me and Kelly laughing our heads off by the end.



I can't get over his face in this one :)


and his cute smile. He looks all grown up!


Which actually I've been meaning to mention just how much growing up Luke has done over the last week or so. Since we started potty training him really. He's started dressing himself more. He puts his own shoes on (which for me is HUGE! it's been driving me crazy that he hadn't learned that yet). He says his own prayers!!!!! I LOVE Luke's prayers. In fact last night after we had had family prayer and tucked everyone in, he asked me if I would say a prayer with him (how cute is that!). So we knelt down together and he said THE SWEETEST PRAYER EVER!! All by himself. No prompting. I just about died! Asking Heavenly Father to make him not have bad dreams, and to bless Mommy that she will let him sleep in her bed :). He's a real sweetie. It's been really nice to have him be so independent lately, but at the same time it makes me sad to realize that he is really going to grow up! Which I always tell him not to and then he says, "I going to!!!!" with his little teasing/taunting tone :) He's adorable. He's been doing awesome with the potty training. He went a whole day and a half with no accidents (if only we hadn't been at the park!!! Such distractions all over the place) and then has only had about 1 a day on most days. Which just blows my mind. He's done amazing. He is completely over the training potty too... he likes to use the big potty, standing up. He still really hates it when we ask him if he needs to go potty, but I've discovered a way around that... I say, "how's your underwear doing?" and he just tells me "it DWY!!!" (it's dry) I love it. So anyway.....


Funny little boy.


Pretty little Kelly wanted a few shots as well :) She's so cute!

No comments: