On Friday 11-5-10, Charity competed in her school's Hoop Shoot Contest. I didn't get to go but I got all the details from Nate, he was there taking pictures and cheering her on. She was one of two girls in her division. She got 5 practice shots. She missed all five. Then they each got 10 shots. They both missed all of those. Then they each get 15 more shots. Nate says that she started looking really tired and began Granny shooting halfway through these, and then FINALLY, on the 13th shot, she MADE IT IN!!!!!! She made ONE basket, the other girl made none. So Charity WON!!!!! We've all joked a lot about how she got pretty lucky :) But it's still pretty cool for her. She gets to go to Viewmont next Saturday to compete against the winners from other schools. I guess it goes on from there to Region and then State..... I think if she practices as hard as I know she can, she could actually go pretty far with this!!! She loves basketball, she loves competition, and she likes to be in the spotlight. I think she's pretty amazing. To get out there in front of everyone and do something like that really makes me proud. I wish I could have seen her, hopefully I can go to the one at Viewmont :)
what a cool little girl. and she's mine.

No comments:
Post a Comment