- Thursday, I decided it was time to see exactly how many baby boy things I actually have. We've gotten rid of a LOT of it over the years. That happens when they start out as hand-me-downs to begin with and then get handed over to cousins and such. I got out the big tote I've had sitting around and found out we have about 5 outfits he will be able to wear (including the cute little blessing outfit we had for Noah), and a TON of blankets. So that was good to know. Not near as much as I had thought, but hey, what can ya do. We've bought a few things for Wormie already, so I think he'll be fine :). As I dug deeper in the tote though, I noticed two boxes. One had cards from our wedding gifts, that was fun to look through! And the other had sentimental little knick knacks from our early years of marriage. All the love notes and stuff that Nate gave me, and some of the ones I gave him. It was really interesting to read through it all. We sat and went through it for an hour or so. Made me realize a few things. As much as I feel like Nate and I have changed over the years, I really noticed that we're actually still the same. A lot of the notes and things said things that we still say :). Things that we still feel and things that we would still do. Kinda funny to think that we are not that different from back then. It's interesting to look back on a time when we didn't have anyone else in the picture. It was just the two of us (and a prospective baby in some of them) and realize how much different life was. I'm so glad that things have gone the way they have. I wouldn't change any of it. But looking back on those times feels good. I love remembering a time when life was so simple. There was little responsibility, little schedule, we just kind of floated through that time. Kinda cool. I'm glad we had that time. I'm glad we have ways to look back on it too. It's a good reminder. Helps me to re-focus where we are at now. And helps put a new perspective. I enjoy reminiscing, but I like to use it to make my future better as well. I think Nate felt similar. It was a fun time with him. 6-28-12
- Our first Sunday with Nate working went SO WELL!! There were a few hangups (aka: Noah forgetting his shoes and being to shy to go to his class! and then Erika getting too tired in Nursery and needing to be held by Charity in the back of the Primary as I taught Sharing Time), but we survived!
Charity wrote and gave her own talk. She impresses me so much with her desire and ability to do those things on her own! She did a fantastic job! Read a story about a girl who told the truth at school about reading minutes, and then shared her testimony. It was fabulous!
And Sacrament Meeting was PERFECT!!! I'm not sure how they did it, but my kids were SO reverent! Erika was a pill, and needed to rock, so I did the unthinkable and left 5 little kids in the chapel all by themselves. Erika fell asleep so fast, and I was able to peek in on the kids during the sacrament and they were really doing well! I couldn't believe it! They sat reverently through the whole meeting and Erika was sleeping, so really, I couldn't have asked for more. I was SO proud of them! And SO relieved that things we so well. I know it was a blessing. A tender mercy. Heavenly Father knows just how to show me His love. He sure does love me too. Not sure why, but SO glad he does.
Grandma Hatch came over that evening to visit and we let her have some of our gourmet dinner with us (we actually had frozen pizzas for dinner that night :)). The kids ran around showing off all their tricks for her the whole time. That was a fun change of pace for the kids.
- We went to the library for the first time in a VERY long time (mainly because of the fines we'd racked up-- sometimes I wonder if it would just be cheaper to go to the bookstore), on Thursday. Just the kids and I. It was a very productive little trip and everyone did well until the very end. And that was mostly just Erika. I am starting to think that it's the temperature in some places that tips her off. I was starting to feel pretty agitated myself just because I was feeling really hot and sweaty in there. So I'll cut her some slack on that one. Even though I was pretty mad at her by the time we got home. I only let the kids pick out 2 books each. We'll see how long it takes us to lose them. Or maybe we'll actually make our way down to the library again in a decent amount of time so that we don't have to lose them. We'll see :). Charity was ecstatic she and Kelly checked out the same book so that they could read it together and then one other. Charity's already read both of them. How nice. Bradley spent a lot of time browsing. He had to get the librarian to help him as well. I think he settled on some cool chapter books though, and I was proud of him for choosing harder books. Lukey likes Kitty books and that. is. all. right now. Since they didn't have any books on Mario. Noah had a hard time, put back about a million before settling on the I Spy book he found. And some other random one. But he was happy anyway ;). And Erika needed a "Me too" book (aka: Mercer Mayer) and a Kitty book once she heard that was possible from Luke. Funny kids. I'm glad they like to read though. I should really try to encourage it rather than being the way that I am. 7-5-12
- Saturday, Charity, Kelly and I went to the baptism for the girl up the street, Cassy Barker. The girls were so sweet to make her a bracelet before we left, and they were very excited for her. It was a nice service. I was the pianist (the missionaries had forgotten to get one, so I stepped in... I was actually relieved to have something to do). I hope things go well for her and that she is able to get the guidance she needs to fulfill her covenants. She's such a cute girl, I just think she will do great things if she has the help. There was a BBQ at the park afterward that we made our way to. We didn't know anyone else there, so that was a little awkward, but I was glad the girls could be there to support her. 7-7-12
- Sunday went okay, not as well as I had wanted, but really, it was mostly Erika and Noah who were causing the problems and they're so little, it's hard to be disappointed in them. The big kids did fabulous as usual. I'm so proud of them!!
Noah did have the opportunity to say the prayer in Primary, SO CUTE!! He had "written some things" on a piece of paper and so before he said the prayer he made sure to pull out his folded up piece of construction paper. It was adorable. I love that kid. He keeps having a hard time sitting with his class... not sure what this phase is all about.... hopefully we can figure out some kind of reward or something to help him be a big boy. 7-8-12
No comments:
Post a Comment