"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Things to Remember week of 5-4-14

YW
I experienced the coolest thing on Sunday.  There is a new girl in our Mia Maid class and so Amy had us go around the room introducing ourselves and saying something about ourselves.  I could not get over how much chatter and giggling this brought on!  These girls are all mostly friends, most of the time- from what I can see- obviously it's not all the time- but anyway- I had never seen them interact so well and so loudly :).  I loved it.  They were so cute to offer nice things about each other when one of them couldn't think of something to say about herself.  It was really cool.  Got me all excited about Girls Camp :).  5-4-14

WALK ABOUT
We had our first walk about of the year (the real first one was when Steve and Jauslin came over), LOVED IT!  I just love our ward.  The kids ran around like crazy people at the last house playing tag and stuff with everyone.  It was heavenly.  5-4-14

PRIEST LUNCH
Nate invited all of his Priests over for some smoked Chicken Wings on Monday during their school lunch.  It was so cute to see him all excited about it and wanting to impress them with his wings.  They ALL came (plus a few :) ) and LOVED them.  One of them asked me if I felt "so lucky to be married to him!".  Of course I do.  And not just for the wings :).  It was a bit of a whirlwind, since their lunch is so short- 40 min- but lots of fun :).  I hope they do it again.  5-5-14

CHARITY
Charity and I turned her doctor appointment into a date :).  It was a pretty heavy trip to the doctor.  Charity is 12 so they had a questionnaire for her to fill out in a separate room from me (which I'm still a little bugged about- that they didn't even ask me!  I would have said yes, but the fact that they just hurried and did it without my permission kind of irks me.  Afterall this is the doctor's office, not the school.).  Then they did a few other new things, cholesterol test and to top it off, her booster shot for the Gardasil.  So, not her favorite.  It was probably good though.  Afterward we stopped at Keva Juice for some Orange Obsession.  Then shopped a little too.  It was a nice time for Charity and I.  I enjoy her company so much.  She's pretty much an adult when it comes to conversation.  She's really easy to talk to.  She's just such a sweet girl.  We had to hurry home for dinner and FHE.

FHE
The park over by the Splash park here in Kaysville is our new favorite.  The kids request it a LOT.  So that was Bradley's make up FHE lesson this week.  The kids and I played tag all over the playground.  (Nate played Jack's Slave most of the time, helping him climb up the scary- seriously, this is a sorry excuse for a way to get up to the slide! It's really not LITTLE kid friendly, so not Jack's favorite park)  It was a blast.  Luke ended the trip with a slam into a pole- knee first- that was a bummer.  But it was time to go home anyway.  Erika picked the treat again and picked Dippin Dots this time.  She was so excited about her treat idea, before we left, that she made a little sign announcing what the treat was going to be.  When Nate asked her what we were going to get (because we hadn't bought anything yet) she wanted to go home to get her sign and show it to everyone, and THEN go to the store.  It was late, so we vetoed that idea, but how adorable is she!  She's so funny.  Noah was depressed that he didn't get to pick the treat like he had been expecting (he missed the memo that we were having a redo FHE) so he helped Erika pick it :).  Fun stuff.  5-5-14

LEMONS
So Tuesday morning started out WRONG.  We had scheduled an appointment with Mr. Hughes first thing in the morning.  I was more than done with the whole Charity/Tagon drama.  I had heard enough and had come to my conclusion of how things were and that Charity was being wrongfully dealt with.  I spent most of Monday night ticked off at the school and everyone in it, even threatened to homeschool the kids... yes, I do sound crazy.  I was just so mad.  I guess I should keep the details private- unless Charity wants them out there, but she had had some issues with a girl in her class and the "solution" that they had come to on Friday with Mr. Hughes was not working.  I really just hated the whole thing.  I felt like they had handled it wrong, I felt like Charity was being blamed, I felt like the other girl and her mom were running things... anyway- I was being a victim- lame.  So I was mad.  We went to our meeting with the Principal and it really didn't take long before I realized that I was wrong.  Not that Charity was all at fault or anything- I still can't believe that what she had done was being scrutinized, but whatever- I want her to behave and I want her to be respectful of her peers and teachers.  So ANYWAY!  Long story short, I came home just feeling like a failure of a mom.  I couldn't help but scoop up the mess from Monday at the Doctor's office, and pile that on top of that morning, and all of it was just too much for me.  I hate those times when it hits me that I have not done EVERYTHING.  I always know I cannot do everything, but for some reason it hits really hard every once in a while.  I couldn't stop making mental lists of all the things I wanted to talk about with the kids, and things I wanted to change about how we were running our family.  It was a LOT of stuff.  It was heavy.  I felt myself sinking into that hole that I hate.  I kept praying about it and asked Heavenly Father to help me, but I was not being receptive.  I needed something to just yank me out.  THEN, it hit me, I was being handed "lemons".  Ya know how we always talk about trials being beneficial and that trials make us stronger and that we can benefit from them... aka: make lemonade- I was being handed "LEMONS"!!!  Small ones, but lemons nonetheless.  I realized that this was my chance!  I didn't need to dwell on this.  Yeah, it's embarrassing to sit in meetings with people and hear about all the things that the child whom you've raised has not been taught enough of the right things.  Yeah, there are things we need to work on, but it finally occurred to me how little this problem really was.  It occurred to me that things like this are going to happen and I need to be able to bounce back, brush myself off and get on with life.  This was a minor setback.  A TINY setback.  If I couldn't handle this one, how could I expect to handle something bigger.  So... almost instantaneously- which NEVER happens for me!!! (sorry, just really happy about that :) )- I changed my mood :).  I put on a smile and sucked it all up.  I moved on!  I made lemonade :).  Hopefully it will happen a little quicker next time.
The great thing was that this change occurred around noon and the rest of the day ended up being one of my favorite days!  Nate had the day off, so we decided to go get some of the things we'd been wanting to get for the yard, and took the time to plant those.  We were just having so much fun together.  The feeling was peaceful for the rest of the day.  Such a blessing.  I'm glad I didn't miss out on that.
That evening we all joked and laughed as we sat in the pouring rain at Luke's baseball game.  He had a good hit and made a point for his team!  After we got the kids in bed, we sat and talked with Kenni Cole for a little while- she brought over some shoes for Bradley- and then went to see Heaven Is For Real.  It was a fun day for us.  I just love Nate.  I love that he lets me make my changes and doesn't question how I could be crying and angry one minute and then spouting sonnets the next :).  He let me be mad, let me be embarrassed, let me be sad... then let me be happy... still loving me through it all.  He's so good to me.  I should mention how much I appreciate his wisdom and his ability to talk and listen.  He worked wonders with the whole principal situation. He is amazing.  It would have been a totally different experience if he hadn't been there.  So anyway.  5-6-14

NATE'S WEEK OFF
This is one of Nate's vacation weeks.  Stinks that it's also the week of testing at school.  We've decided to make it a nice relaxing week where we get a lot of yard work done and hanging out together :).  So far it's been awesome!  I've loved it.  I'm glad he didn't decide to go back and turn in his vacation time like he has in the past to save PTO.

JACK'S TALKING!!!
SO!!  The post we've all been waiting for (okay, maybe it's just me, but still!) Jack is finally trying out some new words!!  I had to post about it.  Here's what he can say now:
Mom or Mama (pretty much all the time, and this one is not new at all :) )
DadDY (NEW and oh so cute!)
Ba (Ball)
Fow (Flower)
Dee (Drink)
Mo (More)
Aye (Yes)
Mine (a definite must for a seventh child :) )
I think that's all- but I'm so excited that he is trying!  We have gotten him to attempt a few of the kids' names, but he quit the last few days.  The "L"'s stress him out a little :).  Makes saying "Kelly" very intimidating.  He is such a sweet little joy in our lives though- I don't know what we'd do without the little monkey!  5-8-14

AWESOME DAY!
I just wanted to document my awesome day :).  It didn't start out as awesome as it could have, we stayed up so late the night before (second night in a row) that there was no way I could wake up early.  But the rest of the day was just so nice.  I got my scripture reading and some housework done before Playgroup.  Nate did the Costco shopping while we were at the park (which I totally blabbed everyone's ears off, the whole time, totally unloading all my drama from the past week- which then dug up a lot of frustration I had already worked through- so that was the wrong thing to do- lesson learned), but it was a nice relaxing time at the park, the kids played pretty well.  Then we came home and since Jack was asleep and Erika was at Kate's, Nate and I both took a nice little siesta :).  Then after a half hour (or so), we got outside and did the work we'd been planning to do the day before but couldn't because of the rain.  It was so nice!  I cleaned up the garage, which always feels good- I wish I would just get out there and do it more often, it's not that hard.  I remember when I was little, I totally loved cleaning out the garage and I did it pretty often.  Nate edged the lawn.  I fixed a yummy dinner and had it ready in time!  And then the sad thing that happened today was Luke falling and hurting his tailbone!  He was hurt pretty bad, but we're still not sure if it had anything to do with him not wanting to go to baseball today.  Which really stinks because he's been loving it so much, I'd hate to have him not enjoying it anymore.  So anyway- the plan to sit and watch his game was out, so after a little while, I fixed Bradley's bike tire (put on a new tube! go me!) and once Luke's tailbone was feeling better, we all hopped on our bikes and went for a ride!  It was SO NICE!!!  I just love that we can all get out together (can't wait til Erika is riding her own bike, and not riding in the trailer of course :) ), it's just so peaceful!  We didn't really have a set destination and not really enough time to go anywhere real spectacular, and since our usual trip to get slurpees didn't seem like a good idea after all of our talk about taking better care of our bodies, we decided a simple little ride to nowhere and back would be good enough :).  Some of the Maynes kids disagreed, but that's okay :), we still had a good time.  I think it's interesting how in charge of things Charity and Kelly are in those situations.  They really like to take care of everyone and remind them of the safety rules and keep them all in line and I think it's really in the name of protecting them in this instance.  It's kind of cool.  I remember being like that too.  Too bad it annoys the littles.  Anyway.  So we came home and got the house all cleaned up while blasting some of our favorite tunes, and then scriptures and to bed!  Then, Kelly remembered that she needed to go to the store still, so she, Bradley and I all went to Bowman's.  Again, a very nice time.  And again, we blasted some of our favorite tunes on the way home :).  I finished a few loads of laundry once we got home and I am just feeling SO FULFILLED RIGHT NOW!!!  It's a great feeling.  I have decided to be content with feeling good about many things I'm doing right and not let the few that I'm doing wrong drown it out!  Drops of awesome :).  Good night!  5-8-14

GRANDPA HATCH'S BIRTHDAY
I can't believe my dad is really 59.  Kinda weirds me out.  We celebrated nonetheless :).  Nate spent the day smoking ribs and we took those up to my Dad's for dinner with everyone.  It was a nice evening.  It's really been too long since we did anything with my Dad.  Kinda stinks when I think about how much time we used to spend with him compared to now.  It's all because he doesn't work from home anymore.  Bums me out.  Anyway- he's getting older and supposedly wiser, although he constantly tells me the same stories over and over again... it was fun to see him :).  3-10-14




No comments: