"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Things to Remember Week of 4-17-16

QUESTIONS
Our Bishopric came and did a special Q&A lesson for all the Young Women.  It's so interesting to me what kinds of questions the girls ask.  I am so impressed really.  They really have a desire to be good and to learn and grow their testimonies and Spirits.  It's so amazing!  I'm so proud of them.  I was grateful for all the things that were taught and learned and for the Spirit that was there.  We have a good Bishop.  4-17-16

HONEY WALNUT SHRIMP
Charity made the most amazing dinner on Sunday!!  If only I'd bought more shrimp!!  She's really getting good.  This had to be recorded.  4-17-16

BOOK OF MORMON
I finished the Book of Mormon again.  Feels so good to be reading so well, for like the fourth year in a row!  I probably shouldn't brag about this and I don't really feel like I'm bragging, but it really is cool to me.  It has made a huge difference in my life.  I feel so much more familiar with everything and so much more equipped to teach my kids.  Such a great book.  4-18-16

MEETINGS
This was the week of meetings.  It felt like too much, but I made it!  And I'm still here to tell about it :).  Monday I had my visiting teachers come.  Tuesday was meet with Michelle in the morning, then meet with Kara in the afternoon and then meet for Visiting teaching conference in the evening.  That was a pretty good meeting.  I enjoyed the reminder to show more love and care to the sisters we visit.  I needed that.  I liked the social part of it too, although I made the mistake of thinking of myself when Molly was at home making everything crazy with her screaming, so bummer.  Timing is everything.  Wednesday was Pack meeting,  YW and our board meeting that night.  Thursday I went and did my visiting teaching.  So nothing too spectacular really, just proud of myself for surviving it all. 4-22-16

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WILL!
We got invited to go to Carls Jr. and celebrate Will's birthday with Emily, Kate and Will.  We had such a good time!  It was such a nice break from life.  I love one on one time with friends.  Funny things to remember: ants swarming all of Molly's fry stumps (after picking up her piece of Emily's Graham cracker and letting her eat it off the ground), and Molly drinking from a straw!!  It was Powerade, just for all you judgers out there!  I didn't let her drink soda.  Yet.  Good times though.  I love friends.  4-19-16

TUESDAYS/THURSDAYS
Lacrosse has really clogged up my Tuesday and Thursday evenings.  I feel like I can't catch a break those days.  I'm seriously running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.  I will be glad when lacrosse season is over.  Although, I will say that I wouldn't trade Lacrosse for anything!  I feel like it's completely changed Kelly's life!  She is so much more confident, less pain, less complaining, less tiredness even, which seems backwards!  Even her feet hurt less!!  It makes me so happy :).  4-21-16

MINE
I learned something about myself this week.  Something that kept coming up ALL WEEK!  I really dislike hearing other people talk about my kids.  To me, or to anyone else, it just IRKS me.  I still haven't quite figured out why, but it just grates on my nerves.  I think this goes for Nate as well, and maybe that explains a lot.  I wish it didn't.  I will have to work on it, because I really think people mean well.  And it is bound to happen!!  I just need to watch myself.  But good to know either way.  4-21-16

FRIDAY
Today was an unusual Friday.  Nate ended up switching his overtime shift that was going to ruin our Friday for a mid shift that ruined it much less :).  I'm sure he was exhausted, but it was nice to have him home.  We got all the flowers planted out front- wahoo!
The kids and I spoiled ourselves with some Cherry Berry that night as "something fun" to do.  4-22-16

FIRST SCOUT CAMPOUT!
Bradley and Nate are out on their first scout campout together!  Very momentous occasion!  Bradley had to plan his own meal and ended up making salmon tin foil dinners.... mmmmmm.  I hope they're having a good time and not getting too cold or wet!  Erika, tonight, said, "Oh, Bubba will be home tomorrow, I'm so glad!"  Cute girl misses her big brother.  4-22-16
They had a great time!  Bradley loved hanging out with the boys and not sleeping in the tent with them.  He told us some fun stories about how the boys took down the tent in the morning with a few boys still in there.  They played flies up and cooked their own dinners.  Bradley wowed everyone with his salmon tin foil dinner :).  I love that he chose that... so funny.  They said the wind was so bad the tent was folded in half!  Pretty awesome tent if I do say so myself :).  Go Nana.  THey got to go to Crystal Springs for some fun swimming in the hot springs.  Bradley loved the warm water with freezing cold waterfall.  That does sound cool.  And all the talk about how many minerals that water is filled with.  Sounds like a bad thing to me, but I guess it's good.  They didn't want to use the Olympic size pool because it was salty.  Other than being up all night listening to preteen boys talking, sounded like a lot of fun :).  4-23-16

DARN IT
Kelly's Lacrosse game this Saturday was... not our favorite.  It was clear out in Herriman, FREEZING cold wind AND we lost :(.  BUT Kelly played great!  She played defense for the first half of the game and then got to try attack again during the last half.  Which is really impressive considering she's not usually on attack and we were losing- means they thought she did a good job last game and wanted to try her out again while they were a little desperate.  So cool for Kelly, but 3-8 is kind of a bummer.  4-24-16



No comments: