"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Things to Remember Week of 6-11-17

TITHING
This week's sharing time went really well.  The Bishop came in and talked a little about tithing and how to pay it and then I had a few minutes to do some things.  I've been doing completely different things for Junior and Senior just because I don't feel like anything is geared toward both.  It's been working much better for me.  Even though it is more work.  This week was great though.  Felt good after.  6-11-17

FHE
Jack Jack was the lesson, he used his fish I had used for Primary and we put some new questions on them about tithing and he asked everyone the questions that they snagged with the fishing pole.  I love when he gives the lesson because he acts all official and makes a big deal about things- super cute.  And I was happy that he was using the fishing game I'd made him that he's managed to lose some of the fish and destroy the fishing pole.  I cannot remember what the activity and treat were.  This is why we have a scribe....  6-13-17

LUNCH WITH MOM
I took my mom out to lunch on Tuesday for her birthday.  It was only a week late.  We had a nice time talking for way longer than I should have.  All heck had broken loose when I got home. But it was a good visit.  6-14-17

LAGOON
We went to Lagoon on Tuesday after it had been raining and cloudy all day.  It was such a perfect day to go!  There was hardly anyone there and it was not as hot as it has been.  We had a great time!  This was a different time for some reason.  Everyone stuck together for the most part- we did give the little kids about an hour in the kiddie land while the big kids were off on their own.  But for the most part, we were together.  I loved it.  We went on the white roller coaster for the first time this season and I think this is the first time I've gone on it in a very long time.  It definitely didn't hurt as much as it did last time I went on it.  I swear they fixed it.  We went on Wicked for my first time in a while.  That was crazy and for some reason, all the rides felt really weird.  I'm still not sure what it was. They felt slower or something.  I kind of think it's all the congestion I've had in my sinuses, but who knows.  I was pretty sick and queasy by the time we left.  Kinda crazy being an adult and not being able to handle the spinny rides.  This was Jack's first time on the Sky Ride!  I couldn't believe we got him to go on it.  I'm pretty sure his fears have more to do with the speed than anything.  Since he didn't seem too freaked out by the heights.  I was probably more freaked out than he was.  He was very brave.  I'm hoping we can get him to brave some more new rides soon :).  We also went on the Haunted House ride for the first time for most of them.  It was SO LAME!!  Those rides used to be cool- I don't know what's happened.  It was dumb.  Molly wasn't even scared on it!  6-13-17

MAYA'S PARTY
Erika got to go to her friend, Maya's birthday party on Thursday.  This girl is an interesting little girl.  When Erika talks about her it is with great patience.  I think Maya kind of drives her nuts, but she is really just so patient with her.  She tries so hard to be nice to her and be her friend because she knows that she doesn't have a lot of friends.  It was interesting to notice the sacrifice that this was going to be- even though she was genuinely excited for the party- it was a swimming party- who wouldn't be- you could tell it was going to be a challenge for Erika and I think she was a little worried about how Maya was going to treat her.  Kate was at a family reunion so she wasn't there, but Morgan was there, so that was really good.  I think Erika played with her and Megan most of the time.  I'm glad she's such a good friend to everyone around her.  She really is just so accepting and loving to everyone.  Such a sweetheart.  6-15-17

LUDDINGTON SURF n SWIM
So we got our invite to the Luddington Surf n Swim party and got all excited for it.  Moved our Manti Pageant day back, bought swim suits for those who didn't have them yet, printed off our "fast passes" to get in without waiting in line, got all packed up and ready to go the evening of, even had Nate switch around his overtime shift... I mean, a LOT went into making this party work!  So we pull into the parking lot and I hand Brad the passes to bring them in and a few seconds later he says, "July 13th? This says, July 13th!"  HA!!!  I had totally read the date wrong.  Not sure how I did that- just completely losing it that's all.  So we hopped back in the car, all gloomy of course, and tried to come up with a different plan.  It was really a bummer.  Nate grabbed some pizzas and we ended up having a water balloon fight followed by sleepovers, but duh.  I really hate it when that happens.  Now we have something to look forward to??  Maybe.  Actually, now that I think about it- Charity and Kelly will be at girls camp during the real one.  Ugh.  Life.  6-15-17

GARDEN!!!
Nate and the kids worked on putting the stone around our garden Friday morning.  We did things in the strangest order, I know, but it's finally functioning!  I am so relieved to have the stone holding in the soil/seeds/sprouts and it's also nice not having the pile of rocks on the side of the house :).  Nate is so awesome to do that for me.  I know he would much rather wait until he can do a proper stone job on it, but it looks great for now and will be totally doable another time.  He loves me, what can I say.  I'm just so relieved to have a garden this year!  I hope it all survived the craziness and we have a good harvest.  We planted tons!  6-16-17

A WALK WITH GRANDPA RUSS AND GRANDMA RUTHIE
We were headed down to the Manti Pageant and thought it would be fun to stop at Nate's parents' house.  Nate's mom had planned a little walk to the park where we let the kids play and we visited.  Then walked a little more.  It was a really nice time to have with them!  Nate's Dad looked great.  I couldn't believe he was walking on his own and able to step in and out of the house.  I don't think he loved having me push his wheelchair, but Nate took over so it was all good.  But really, just a nice time together.  These moments are like gold these days.  6-16-17

MANTI PAGEANT MINUS THE CAMERA :(
We made our traditional trek down to Manti for the Pageant on Friday!  It was a great trip!  It was fun to be in our nice big, roomy car and not be crammed in there.  We ran into a little traffic, but were able to skip over most of it taking the west side.  I was completely devastated when I realized I didn't have my camera!!!  SO SAD!!  That's part of my tradition :).  We did snap a few selfies with our phones before it started though, so that's not too bad.  Because we'd left Nate's parents' so late, and the traffic, we had to get our Subway (and Chick-fil-a Market Salads for Kelly and I) to go.   When we got there, we realized that it didn't really matter that we were late, there was plenty of space in the blanket section.  Everyone did so well!  I think everyone loved it except for Molly.  She was a wild animal the entire show!  In fact it made the show seem like they'd cut it in half or something!  It went by really fast because I was juggling her the whole time.  She could not settle on a mood, and was sharing her loudest vocals with everyone around us.  I felt kind of bad for them, except when it was in the form of laughter... her giggles are the cutest!  Our favorite thing this year was running into the Maughans!  Of all places!  They had been on their family reunion.  Kind of funny if you ask me.  We did great getting back to the car, no incidents, not even any protestors, which was nice.  Everyone did well on the way home, mostly sleeping.  I struggled to stay awake and didn't for part of the drive.  I felt bad.  But all was well.  And we of course slept in the next morning.  Good times.  6-16-17

SO TIRED AND HOT
We worked on the backyard on Saturday, once everyone had dragged themselves out of bed.  It was a LOT OF WORK!  We pulled all the weeds by the shed which took us a few hours and Bradley trimmed up some of the trees.  He helped the entire time and everyone else came and helped for a bit at a time.  It was crazy how many bugs and weeds there were!  Sure looks a lot better though.  6-17-17

No comments: