We got to go see Luke's big program on Tuesday. He worked so hard on memorizing his huge part! It was fun to watch him sing- as it always is- he gets so into things and is actually quite entertaining. I loved his and Clint's synchronized cymbals during the "Proud to be an American" song. This program is one of my favorites for how much it reminds me of my own Patriotism. I am so proud to be an American! I am so grateful for the blessings we share as a country and the rights and privileges so many have fought for, for us all. It's such a touching thing to think about. Even though I know our country has been better off than it is right now- it is still such a blessed land. We grabbed Luke a drink at Fiiz to celebrate :). 5-23-17
It felt a lot like Christmas morning on Wednesday with the Decathlon hype :). Bradley and Luke had been VERY anxious for this day and were feeling the butterflies! It was very exciting. Bradley had to go to school for choir and then we picked him up shortly after to take him and Luke up to Northridge High. Nate, Molly, Jack and I got to watch their teams compete. It was so much fun!! I get way to into those things of course and found too many flaws with the system, but overall- it was really exciting. I could have done without Jack and Molly's drama, but luckily Nate was there so he picked up a lot of the slack. It was fun to sit by Janice Johnson and talk about the inner workings of the whole thing. You should have seen the look on Luke's face when he heard his team announced as 5th place winners for 5th grade! The smile! He was THRILLED!! I think they'd gotten it in their heads that they weren't going to place because of the few things they'd messed up on or not done their very best. But sure enough- they did it! We were all so excited. Then, after much suspense- they announced that Columbia 6th graders had tied for 2nd place!!! HOLY MOLY!! All three of Columbia's teams had placed this year! Hasn't happened in 6 years! Very exciting stuff! We had to go to Costa Vida for lunch to celebrate after :). This was really a special thing because of how hard the boys had worked for this. This wasn't just an accident that they made it into the Decathlon- this was hard work! And LOTS of training! Makes me so proud of them!! They really did push themselves and gave it all they had. And even with the nervousness and jitters they were able to pull off some amazing scores! So cool!! Love these boys! 5-24-17
Bradley telling Mrs. Horn that he used to go to Holbrook :).
And then Luke doing the same :). Cute boys.
I just love my action photos. Especially the shuttle run ones.
This was SO heartbreaking!!! LOOK AT THAT TIME!!! And the annoying thing was that one of his stacks fell AFTER he pushed the buzzer, so it totally should have counted and this would have been an INCREDIBLE SCORE! But instead, the guy wouldn't count it and he had to take his other score (even though they were supposed to have three tries, they were only giving them two) of 9 something. SO SAD!! We were all bugged.
And the other injustice (wink wink) was Brad's jump rope! The dang thing fell apart in his hands while he was taking his turn and there was no redo!!! I was shocked. Kind of a drag. But whatever. He still did pretty good!
Bradley's pose in this one cracks me up :).
Two cool kids. Winners :).
DRIVING IN THE CAR :)
BRADLEY'S CHOIR CONCERT
And the last big thing for Bradley this week was his big choir concert! He's worked so hard on this all year too, so we were happy to see the fruits of his labor. They did a great job! And once again with the Patriotic songs- it was really neat to focus on our country and freedoms. Bradley wowed us with his solo. I didn't know he could sing like that! He's been spending so much time in choirs lately it shouldn't surprise me, but I was so proud of him! He did great! I loved his dance moves as well. 5-25-17
He was so embarrassed by his shirt- we'd forgotten to have him wear red, white or blue and he'd been doing DARE stuff all day. Kind of a bummer, but really, it just made it so he stood out more for his proud momma :).
This was awesome! Erika got first place! Noah got fastest in his grade, Luke got most improved, Bradley got fastest in his grade as well. They all won drawing prizes as well. Lots of fun!! I just love doing those races. I hope they keep wanting to do that each season.
These two were fun to watch! Noah was SO CLOSE every time. It was a fun, friendly competition that's for sure :).
Noah splashing Bradley with water on his second lap
We went to Gailey Park for Kelly's Family Party. A couple days early, but I don't think Kelly minded :). Grandpa Hatch, Grandma Hatch and the Hatch kids all came to help celebrate. It was fun to celebrate Kelly, but I feel like I was distracted by all that needed to get done this week. Kind of a bummer, but it happens. I think Kelly had a good time. I brought my camera and didn't even get it out the whole time. Realized it at the end. Kind of lame.
Friday: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL AND KELLY'S BIRTHDAY! WAHOO! This day was huge :). We had Kelly's puffy pancake for breakfast, then rushed off to school for Brad's DARE Graduation and 6th grade promotion which ended up being really awesome! Brad has really gone above and beyond! Who knew?! He's clearly done it all on his own! No help or pushing from us. Which makes it even cooler :). He got several awards. He had perfect attendance for the year and for fourth, fifth, sixth. He got the Presidential Fitness Award (he was the only boy and there were only two kids that got it). He got the Gold Academic Presidential Award. He was recognized in the slide show for a lot of the cool things he's done this year: Newsletter, Decathlon, Math and Science Olympiad, Attendance, etc. But they left off a few things because there wasn't enough room :). Funny kid. I really am just so proud of him! He's so self-motivated and when he wants something he does everything it takes to get it. What a cool kid :). We went and celebrated.
Kelly skipped school to come to Brad's graduation :).
I raced around the school (as usual) to snap pictures of each of the kids with their teachers. This is always such a bittersweet day!
Came home and got ready for our little last day of school party. The kids invited a bunch of friends over for games and projector movie. It was a lot of fun. Hopefully the parents and our neighbors didn't hate us for the late night.
We surprised Kelly with her gift from us along with some Pretzel Bites she got a certificate to go on a shopping spree and dinner with mom and dad :). Should be fun :). That's what you get when you don't want anything. I can't believe my little Kelz Belz is 14!!! That is really just so old in my mind. I remember 14!! It was not long ago. She's such a good girl and makes me so proud. I don't know what I would do without Kelly in my life. She really adds a special element that is really just irreplaceable. I love her creativity, her organization, her artistic talent, her love for all those around her, her candid personality and fun sense of humor and the fact that she lets me tease her. She has an amazing ability to move past things, which is a challenge for her, but she is quickly making that a strength in her life. She is good at growing her testimony. She lets life experiences plant seeds of faith and reaps the rewards. She's brave enough to share her testimony regularly as well, which has truly been a blessing in my life. She is one of my best friends. I'm really glad we have her. Happy Birthday, Kelz! 6-2-17
KELLY'S FRIEND PARTY
Saturday was Kelly's friend party. This was big! Took her FOREVER to come up with the ideas, but she planned a really fun party. Her friends came over and they all piled into our car- which was overflowing with teenagers- and went up to Adam's Canyon for a hike. Cool idea huh! They hiked for about four hours! In the original plan, they were supposed to get back around 6:30, have pizza and roast marshmallows, but the hike went so long, we scratched the S'mores. They did eat pizza, cake and ice cream and then watched Camp Rock 2 projector movie style. I had worked so hard on the fire (and ended up babysitting it WAY longer than planned since I couldn't leave it alone) that they went down to the creek and pretended to not be dying of heat while sitting next to the flames. They were really fun kids! Loud, but very fun. I was happy to see a lot of the ward kids there. We have a good ward, I'm so glad. They were mostly polite and well-mannered too. It was a lot of fun to see Kelly so happy and enjoying all of their company so much. The gifts were fun. She ended up really liking the cake- which I was glad didn't disappoint :). It was a fun one to make!! It was just an overall great party! A fun way to end a crazy/fun week! 6-3-17
Thursday Grandma brought the Hatch kids over to play. She was tending them while Brent and Sarah were in Zion's. They played hard! Water balloons and all- Luke was so happy to have people to throw water balloons at! He'd been at it a few times during the week with very little participation from anyone else. He was slightly addicted to the balloons and couldn't think of anything else to do. ever. Funny boy. 6-8-17
SAYING GOODBYE TO THE HATCHES
This was the last time we will see the Hatches for a while! It was so sad to see them go and mostly because I had all this regret about not doing more while they were here. Life is so crazy all the time, I feel like it's just flying by and I'm just hanging on for the ride. But anyway. I'm glad we got the time we did. And I was glad we got to say goodbye to them before they left. The kids all had fun together for one last time. We took a few pictures- I'll have to post those later- and I backed the car into the neighbor's cinder block wall which was totally awesome (eye roll... HUGE eye roll!). It was a nice time with my brother and his family. I'm so excited for them and their new adventures! 6-12-17
This is the one I want to recreate in 10 years :). Complete with tongues, noogies, soda cans, and Grandma Hatch coming down the stairs :). Whadya think?
Or this one :). With Brent











































































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment