LUKE'S FIRST TIME PASSING THE SACRAMENT
I will admit, I teared up just a little while I watched Luke passing The Sacrament for the first time. That is just so special! I remember when he was little, trying to distract him from being irreverent, telling him to look at the Deacons and that he was someday going to be twelve and would pass The Sacrament just like them. Not really believing it myself, of course, that he would ever really be that old! But here he is! Twelve and ordained and passing The Sacrament. He did such a great job. It was a packed room and I watched as he ran out of water and wasn't sure what to do, asked his friend Austin, who quietly told him what to do, and he did it without a hiccup. I was so proud of him! He really is growing up so fast. They all are. It's fun to see both my boys walking around together. I can't believe Heavenly Father has trusted me with such awesome boys who love their Heavenly Father and want to serve him. What a blessing. 2-11-18
LACROSSE TRYOUTS
Kelly participated in Lacrosse tryouts this week! Pretty nerve-racking for all of us! They were supposed to do Monday, Tuesday then cuts then a Wednesday tryout as well, but instead, they all just went til Wednesday. We found out about the teams on Thursday. Kelly didn't make Varsity, but I really thing JV will be a better experience for her. She has improved so much and developed so much in the last two years. I'm pretty proud of her. She seemed okay with the decision, but a little let down. I think she's good enough they just have to give Seniors and Juniors top priority. Sophomores too for that matter, she's only a Freshman! But I get it. She's so brave to tryout and be involved. So cool. Here's to Spring season!! Can't wait! 2-12-18
ZERO FATALITITES
Charity had to attend this little meeting for her driver's ed class, with a parent. I got to go with her and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. As well as the reminder of how to avoid distractions and be a better driver. I couldn't believe some of the statistics. I was surprised about the low number of car deaths in Utah. Also, the statistics about how much the new DL guidelines have changed things and prevented a lot of incidents. So impressive. That's the kind of change I would love to be a part of and be involved in. The change that actually changes things for the better and has an important impact. I can't believe how dangerous it is for all the passengers in the car when someone (Anyone) is not wearing a seatbelt. It doesn't just effect you. Pretty cool. I talked Charity off the cliff she was on, after the disturbing videos, I think she's still on board to getting a license. We'll see :). 2-12-18
FHE
We had a late FHE with my lesson about choices- spurred by the zero fatalities thing- and how much our choices effect those around us, especially our family. Then the big discussion about gender identity issues. I had watched a video earlier that day about Canada and some of the new things they are doing to confuse kids about their genders and just wanted to set my kids straight. We coined the phrase, "It's in your jeans!" Could be genes or jeans, but you get it right? You can look in your pants and SEE your gender! Even as a 20 week old fetus, your gender is determined and very visible, how could anyone be confused?!!!! Ugh. Bugs me. But anyway. They seemed to understand and get it. Hopefully that was enough of a foundation for a while. We watched the Jazz game for our activity. 2-12-18
TWO YEAR WELL CHECK
Molly had her two year well check this week. A little late, but that's better than never. It was nice to get the Doctor's okay on her hips and walking. She is doing better! And actually, we were both feeling like her legs are almost the opposite of bowlegged now. So that was a relief. She is growing too, which was a fun surprise :). She does eat better lately, so it shouldn't surprise me too much. 2-13-18
VALENTINE'S DAY
We had a really nice Valentine's Day! Not because of anything I did- I totally slacked off this year- it was weird! But I think it was still lovely. Nothing special for breakfast, except Nate had cooked some dippy eggs in his sou vide cooker. I had to get to the school early for Luke's class pancake breakfast. That was fun. I didn't really do much, but it was fun to stand around and talk with moms. Then I came home to get Molly and she and I went up to the church for playgroup. We totally could have done Jack's party, but thought it was going to be at the same time. That was a bummer to miss that. And I'll probably never live it down! "Why weren't you there?!!" Then we all went up to the mall for some last minute gift shopping. Jack had his little bag of Valentine's and was enjoying seeing what each of his classmates gave him. Super cute. I got Nate some new cologne. Original, I know. Would have been even less original if I'd remembered that Fanzz is up in Ogden, cuz I usually get him a Jazz shirt. But we headed home. Nate was awake so we all went down to Mrs. Cavanaughs to get the kids a little gift from Nate and I. They all got their own chocolate covered gummi bears :). We napped a little until Erika and Luke's parties. I went and did Sweetheart Floats in Erika's class, and Nate went down to Luke's class for the straw/conversation hearts game. Too bad they were fifteen minutes late for that party! Wish I could just get things right sometimes. But it was a fun afternoon. We waited for Kelly to get home from tryouts and then did our family Valentine's activity that I planned (last minute, but it was my idea :) ). Nate doesn't love going out on Valentine's because of the crowds, so we did a family thing instead. We finally did the activity I have been wanting to do with everyone for a long time. I put everyone in couples :). Then each couple picked a part of the meal and a letter out of a hat. We went to Bowmans and shopped as fast as we could and came home, prepared the food, served it too each other, and ate it. It was SO MUCH FUN!!! I really loved it and the kids all thought it would be a great thing to do every year as a new tradition. We'll see :). So Nate and Molly got P and Appetizer. They made Pulled Pork and Pickles on Pita Pizzas (extra points for all the P's- shoulda known Nate would blow us all out of the water). Those were delicious! I'd totally eat those again, maybe without the pickles though. Jack and I had H for the Main Dish. We had a funny time shopping. Jack rejected EVERY POSSIBLE IDEA I threw out there and just kept on going back to corn dogs! "I wish we had C, then we could get corn dogs." I had been telling the kids about the waffles I got one of the times I did it in High School, and had found a HUGE box of frozen ones for super cheap, and they happened to be "Homestyle" ones, so I convinced Jack to get those for dinner. He didn't LOVE the idea, but it didn't get the no that everything else had. Then when I was telling Nate about his funny corndog fettish, Nate suggested Hot dogs! Duh! Why didn't I think of that! Jack loved the idea, so off we went to get some hot dogs and buns instead. I still kept the waffles though- too good to pass up. We got the bacon and swiss ones. Delish! Then Kelly and Noah had our sides. They got K. There is a shortage of K sides in the world. They settled on Kettle chips and Kernel Corn in a can :). Pretty good choices though! Charity and Luke had the letter N for drink and bought a big thing of Nestle Quik! Along with some Nilla wafers to dip in it :). Pretty clever. Then Bradley and Erika had M for the dessert. They bought mini marshmallows, m&ms, and Muddy buddies and mixed them all together to make their M dessert :). Very creative. I think they had almost as many M's as Nate and Molly had P's. It was SUCH a fun dinner!! I loved it. Something different. As we were finishing up dinner, Max Patane surprised Erika with lots of cute gifts and a balloon. SO CUTE! And then before we started the Jazz game Nate and I exchanged gifts in front of the kids :). Ended up being a fun way to do it. We usually wait, but I liked this. Nate gave me a really cute butterfly necklace. I gave him the cologne and a box of candy. So I'd say the day was a success. 2-14-18
LUNCH WITH STEVE
Nate, Molly, Jack and I took Steve out to lunch as his birthday gift. That was a lot of fun. We went to Panda Express. It was fun to talk with Steve and Fun to show him the song Greatest Showman from the sound track on the way home. I think he liked it :). 2-15-18
DATE WITH NATE
Nate and I got to go out for Valentine's Day on Thursday night. I took him to Tepanyaki. That place is so delicious and so much fun! I love it. We got to return the favor to a little girl who was celebrating her 10th birthday. We handed her the little cash Nate had on him and told her happy birthday. It was fun after seeing what that meant to Noah on his birthday dinner there :). Fun stuff. We stopped at Target on the way home to get Brad a better 5 subject notebook- dumb Walmart ones didn't work out. Then we ate our delicious chocolate covered strawberries that night. 2-15-18
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TUTORING
Charity overheard me telling Nate about our Community Council meeting at the school where all the teachers were telling us what they want us to spend the Trustlands funds on. Most of the teachers talked about Aides. There is a shortage. I mentioned that I suggested soliciting help from the High School or junior high for help, but that idea was rejected. Charity took it upon herself, though, to email Mr. Denhalter and ask what she can do to help the teachers. This week she spent three days over there, helping out the first grade teachers. We'll see how it goes :). The big deterent was how "unreliable" unpaied Aides are. We'll see :). 2-15-18
FRIDAY
Nate had a mandatory over time shift on Friday evening. I was still not feeling real great and spent most of the afternoon/evening driving people places. I seriously had to get in the car like twice an hour! Time to start combining trips really. I took most of the kids over to the church to play basketball for an hour too. I think it's okay to do that, but I felt a little weird the whole time we were there, so I'm not sure it was. We grabbed some Little Caesar's for dinner and came home and watched Hercules. Kind of a laid back evening. 2-16-18
SATURDAY
We spent the entire morning cleaning our house! It was wonderful! I got a TON of laundry done and folded, and then when I went into the little girls' room to switch up their dressers (I've been saying I'd do that for months), Erika and I kind of got buried in all their mess and cleaning it up that in the end, we didn't even get their clothes switched over! It was kind of funny really, but at least their room is clean! Like REALLY clean! And lots of stuff was removed, thrown away, and DI-ed. Always a good feeling. She has some hoarding tendencies as well as very "generous" siblings who share their excess with her. We all went to the movie Peter Rabbit as kind of a reward for getting bedrooms and such done, and then we when we got home, Erika and I finished her clothes :). It was a super productive day!! I loved it. Well, until about 2:00 in the morning when I realized I had missed Heidi's baby shower. Still beating myself up about that one. Unforgivable really. It was an okay day though. 2-17-18
BIRTHDAY DATE WITH LUKE
Luke and I got to go on his birthday date finally. We'd rescheduled it from the week before because of Steve's birthday and because I wasn't feeling 100% yet. We went to Pizza Pie Cafe, and then RUSH Fun-plex. Lots of fun!! We did the bumper cars, Blasters, Laser Tag, Mini Golf, and finished it all off with three games of bowling! I don't think I've ever played that many games of bowling back to back. It was so much fun though! We kept joking about my mini golf strategies "using Geometry", and had a lot of laughs. We stopped at Iceberg on our way home and got "mini" shakes. They were gimongous!! I just love Luke and spending time with him makes me happy. Wish we could do that more often. 2-17-18
No comments:
Post a Comment