FATHER'S DAY
We had a great Father's Day this year!! It was a success if you ask me :). Hopefully Nate agrees. We "surprised him" with breakfast in bed- fun tradition- eggs, bacon and sausage. Keto makes breakfast a snap :). Then everyone got on the article of clothing they got him (used to just be shirts, but luckily some of them consented to getting other things instead- he has SO MANY SHIRTS!), along with their gift and we showered him with gifts. Molly gave him a big bouncy ball and a spoon drip catcher thing. She picked those out all on her own. Jack got him some socks and some pajama pants. Erika gave him some nice shorts and something else, I can't remember right now, I'll have to ask him. Noah gave him a tie and made him a cool marble maze that turned out REALLY cool! He is so fun to get so creative and do such thoughtful gifts. Luke gave him a silky polo shirt and a fishing bag. Bradley gave him some basketball shorts and some fishing stuff. (I think they had their big Flaming Gorge trip in mind while we were out) Kelly as per tradition gave him a funny t-shirt. This one says, "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" I'm pretty sure I've heard Nate actually say that before. Maybe. Along with a digital laser thermometer for testing the temperature of his food at the Market. Charity gave him a Jazz T-shirt along with a giant checkers game (for outdoors of course). I think he was good and spoiled. He ended up being able to have the day off, so church was fun to have him stay the whole time and be able to come into Primary to have them cut "his" tie during singing time and then he got to teach the Deacons. We all loved having him with us. After church we all went up to Grandpa Hatch's house for some pizza and snacks and watched some home videos- always a winner :). We did the kiss song at his house. Then came home to play our "How well do you know Dad" game. That was a lot of fun. It was pretty late when we finally said goodnight to Father's day. I think Nate had a good time. He deserves it. He really is the best dad on the planet. I don't think anyone could ask for more. I'm so glad he's ours. 6-17-18




















No comments:
Post a Comment