"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Week of 2-17-19

SLUFFERS
Molly, Jack and I stayed home from church.  I didn't feel bad about it at all.  Kinda nice really.  2-17-29

PRESIDENT'S DAY
We tried to make this a special day, but mostly we just sat around.  It was kind of nice.  We still had some sickies, so there weren't a whole lot of options as far as fun goes.  Kelly had planned with some friends to go to Dartside, and when the boys overheard her plans, they wanted to go too.  So I took Brad, Luke, Noah and Erika up to Dartside, a few minutes behind Kelly and her friends.  Luckily Kelly was okay with it :).  They got to play for over an hour and half before I dragged them out of there.  It was fun to watch them play and fun to eat Pretzel bites all by myself :).  When we got home, we got ready for dinner with the McGrath's!  That was a really fun evening.  I LOVE that LeAnn invited Kim Budd and her husband Brent to join us!  Such a fun time! They are so welcoming and so good to my kids, makes me happy when they sit and talk with them and ask them about their lives.  And the fact that my kids are comfortable enough to talk with them... priceless.  It's funny to hang out with Bishop McGrath when he's not a Bishop.  Seems more relaxed :).  It was so nice of them to have us over!  I loved it!  2-17-19

NOAH'S PRAYER
Noah told me about an experience he had with prayer last night.  His watch started beeping randomly, when he had no alarms set.  It was a little scary after a while- just the volume alone- so he said a little prayer that Heavenly Father would help him.  He said it stopped immediately after the prayer!  So cool!  I love it when he tells me about his cool experiences.  Someday I hope to have the faith he does.  2-18-19

BRAD WRESTLING
Well, we've been to a few of Brad's wrestling matches now, getting more acquainted with the sport and Tuesday we got to watch his second match.  He was SO GOOD!!  He put up a good fight for a good five minutes!  Finally pinned the guy too!  It was so much fun to watch him win!  We were so proud of him!  Lots of fun!  Kelly just happened to be there with us too, so she was cheering him on.  I decided to make a collection of his matches on YouTube to keep track of his progress.  It's been a lot of fun to watch him!  2-19-19


JACK SLEEPING IN THE LAUNDRY BASKET :).

 CHARITY ACT/KELLY HOME FROM SCHOOL
It was free ACT day at the High School for Juniors on Wednesday, so Charity was taking it.  Kelly got to stay home!  She slept in for quite a while, but when she finally woke up, she was game for whatever we had planned :).  We played some games and then went to lunch at Panda Express.  It was so fun that she was willing to hang out with her dorky parents all day!  I loved it :).  2-20-19

7TH GRADE ORIENTATION
Didn't think I'd be making this post this year :).  I have actually been really excited for next year to be a No-New-Schools year!  Nobody is starting at a new school in the fall!  Makes me happy and when I try to explain why, I can't.  So I am not sure why.  But I've been looking forward to NOT going to 7th grade orientation, so when Brad told me he was singing, I had to bite my tongue and just suck it up and go!  I had Erika with me which was nice.  I kept thinking how close in size she is to the 7th graders!  She could almost pass as one.  But I was more than happy that I had been there when I got to hear Brad sing!  They did such a great job!  They sang the new Africa song.  I of course love the original and haven't really appreciated the remake, but hearing the Choraliers sing it made me happy :).  And we didn't have to stay for the rest of the evening... that was a blessing :).  I loved hearing Brad perform though.  I'm glad he is involved in those kinds of things.  2-20-19

CHARITY SCHOLARSHIP APPOINTMENT
This was a new one.  Very informative and a little overwhelming- I'll admit!  But I feel very pumped up to nag Charity to death to get her applications in!  There are so many options out there!  I really like the lady who was over this- she seemed awesome.  And not just because she has eight kids :).  2-21-19

No comments: