"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Week of 4-28-19

STAKE CONFERENCE
I was so bummed that I didn't remember the adult session the night before, but I promised myself I wouldn't let that get to me and I would just soak up all I could from the Sunday meeting.  It ended up working, which was nice!  I LOVED this meeting!  There was so much to learn!  President Taylor is always awesome.  I was really grateful for his talk.  I LOVED Elder Taylor's and the other visiting 70 who spoke as well.  They were great talks.  I wish I could remember what they said.  Nate will have to help me.  I am drawing a blank right now.  But the kids did amazing and it was an awesome meeting!  4-28-19

JACK'S FIRST BASEBALL GAME
Jack did so good at his first game!  He struck out, unfortunately, but he had a good time and looked good doing it :).  I love that he's so gung-ho about this sport!

FHE
For Family Night, Molly taught the lesson about The Good Shepherd.  She and I had planned on working on a different lesson during the day and didn't, so we threw this together at the last minute.  But it worked and Molly loved it, so that was good.  Plus, I think we actually learned something.  We wrote our postcards to the Websters for Nate's activity and cheesecake for my treat :).  4-29-19

TO THE ZOO, ONE LAST TIME
Emily's passes were expiring the same day as ours so even though it was raining, we all decided to go spend one last day there.  Molly loved it!  Even in the rain.  

We brought Bea with us because she was here playing. 








ON THE TABLE
Nate and I worked the stats table for Kelly's game on Wednesday against Viewmont.  This game was a bummer.  We were losing by a lot and to top it off, it was POURING RAIN the whole time!  We were under the tent, not running around in a skirt and short sleeves, so I really shouldn't complain, but we were freezing and wet.  It was fun to be together with Erika, Nate and I.  4-30-19



NOAH'S SOLO AUDITIONS
Noah worked so hard on this French song all week, trying to perfect it in order to audition last Wednesday.  He and McKay had practiced together a bunch as well.  It was super cute to see him so into it.  I thought he sounded great! Unfortunately, he found out this Wednesday that he did not get the part.  Kind of a bummer, but I'm glad he stuck his neck out there and tried.  5-1-19

NOAH CLASS DECATHLON
Noah was SUPER nervous about his class decathlon.  He had warmed up, practiced, and gotten very anxious and excited about this!  I signed up to help, so hopefully it helped that I was there and didn't make it worse.  He did a great job!  He's pretty sure he made it to district.  We will find out on Thursday next week!  5-1-19

BRAD TRACK
We went down to Viewmont to see Brad do the hurdles and long jump.  We missed his Discus and Relay.  He did a great job!  I was so proud of him!  He didn't seem to happy with his scores, but I'm glad he stays positive.  We had to hurry and leave for Jack's game.  Brad actually had to hurry and leave early as well, for his Benefit Choir Concert- which we missed... I feel bad, but he said we will hear all the same songs at his end of year concert, so I'm hoping that having it with the orchestra and band weren't too cool to miss!  He is one busy kid!  5-1-19

THURSDAY
Thursday was a little nuts.  Lots of happenings.  Kelly had to go to school at 5:30 to go driving with the Driver's Ed teacher.  That was fun.  She was so tired!  Then, because of how Nate signed up for two field trips and I signed him and me up for separate ones, we both ended up going on field trips- I went on two!  How funny that all three kids had one on the same day.  So Nate and Molly hopped on the bus (I can't believe Mrs. Moncur let them ride the bus), and went down to the Bee's game.  They got in a little fender bender, so that was pretty exciting.  Or not, since they had to wait about 45 minutes to get off the bus while they waited for the police to come.  Kind of crazy, but a fun story to tell later.  I guess they had a good time.  Molly was even pleasant.
At the same time they were getting on the bus, Jack and I were headed out for our walking field trip to the Farm Days where the Kaysville market is.  This is a fun field trip.  You rotate from station to station learning about all things farmer!  Cows, wheat, vegetables, horses, meat.  It was fun.  I only wish Jack hadn't gotten mad at me for interrupting his little tussle with a kid over a spot to stand.  He gave me the silent treatment for the rest of the trip and then wouldn't let me go until I walked him to his classroom and peeled him from my body.  Not sure what was up with him.  We worked things out when he came home, but definitely not how I like to spend field trips.  We'll have to work on that.




As we made it to the school, we crossed paths with Erika's class walking off to the exact same field trip.  I had no idea it was the same one, when I decided to do both, but it wasn't a big deal.  I didn't mind watching it all again.  I was glad that they were just leaving, because I had wondered if I was going to make it in time or have to be late.  I was able to catch up with her after taking Jack to his class.  She had to drag me the last little bit of the way- the contractions I had that day... not fun!  This field trip was fun, it was fun to be with Erika.  We walked over to the park for lunch after the Farm days.  Unfortunately, I didn't have a lunch.  But we had a good time talking on the way back too.  Good times!  I was starving and tired when we got done.  Had a nice hour to myself after before Nate, Noah and Molly got home.  5-2-19



WRESTLING END OF YEAR BANQUET
I'm still laughing that they call this a banquet :).  I don't think it went according to Coach Porter's plans, and it wasn't super smooth, but it was a nice time with Nate and Brad and I.  I loved being able to be there for him.  They had a dad who owns a taco food truck parked out front.  We stood in line for about a half hour waiting to order, then again for another half hour to get our food which never really got done.  Then Porter took us into the cafeteria, told us they would bring our food in but we needed to get started on awards.  It was fun to see Brad up there with all the 8th graders and to think about how much hard work he has put into this season!  He's really done amazing and I'm so proud of him for sticking with it.  It really is a cool sport.  A tough sport too with a lot of determination.  I wish he could have gotten one of the other awards, just for him, but it was his first year playing.  Next year :).  They finally brought our food a few minutes before the "banquet" was over.  So we sat there with Layne and Jami and ate.  It was amazingly delicious, well worth the wait, but how weird is that!  Banquet in my mind usually means more than folding tables and chairs with styro-foam food containers that are handed out sporadically.  But it is wrestling, so no complaints :).  Fun evening watching Brad with his friends and in his element.  Good times.  5-2-19

TEMPLE WALK
Charity, Kelly, Brad, Luke and Nate all walked from Centerville to the Bountiful temple, up along the ridge line.  We all thought it was a pretty weird activity, but they all came back talking about and feeling like it was really great!  There were even lots of testimonies born about it the next day, so that was cool.  I'm glad they were willing to go even though it didn't seem like the funnest thing to do.  Good kids.  5-4-19

ERIKA SOCCER GAME
Erika was the awesome goalie for the first half of this game.  Stopped about 4 or 5 shots.  That was thrilling.  They played a pretty good team and our second half goalie didn't do as well, so we lost, but it was fun to watch Erika put her whole heart into it.  Especially since it was 8:00 am.  She plays so hard!  5-4-19


No comments: