"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Monday, September 9, 2019

Jack's Friend Party!

Jack usually wants to have his party "at home" every year, and I usually comply, but having just had a baby and with our house kind of in an upheaval, I wasn't feeling up for a mom-run party, so I talked him into a party somewhere else.  He chose and we settled on The Rush Funplex.  This has been a family favorite for the last couple years.  We had spent a very memorable time there for Sparkle's birthday not too long ago, so I think that was standing out in his mind.  So cute.  So we squeezed his friend party in between soccer games in the early afternoon.  He invited his five closest friends, Liam, Will, Ross, John and Grady.  They all met here, minus Grady, and we drove up to Syracuse, got signed in (totally spaced having moms sign waivers so I hurried and texted them as we were driving there... I have some good friends who did not even chew me out for the last minute-ness), and made our way to the Foam Pit! 


This is where Jack had wanted to spend their time.  One hour in the foam pit with the swings and trampoline and rock wall.  I didn't think we could spend the whole time there, but we actually did!  Without any injuries, crying, or whining!  I was so impressed!  Grady met up with us there, didn't mention that, and then rode home with his mom as well.  I think she was nervous to have us drive him or something... kinda weird, but whatever.  They seemed to be having a good time!  They all sort of played on their own a little which was funny, but they did gather together a few times.  It was fun to watch Jack interacting in that environment with his friends.  He's such a good friend.  So loyal, so kind.  He really does know how to put their needs first.  Makes me happy.  He was smiling most of the time :).  I loved watching him brave some new things too.  After the Funplex, we came home for dragon cake- I couldn't have been more grateful for the cake that JACK CHOSE!  I emphasize that because it wasn't the fanciest cake he had to choose from.  Nor was it the hardest- I mean, it was THE EASIEST CAKE POSSIBLE, so that was a HUGE blessing.  I was not ready to make a big fancy cake.  I didn't have the time or the energy, but didn't want to tell him to pick an easy one.  I showed him a few easy-ish ones that I thought were doable, but still looked more time consuming than I had time for, but he ended up picking THE EASIEST ONE.  He's a simple kid, so it makes sense.  He and his friends were pretty mellow through the cake and drumsticks and then we did presents!  This was a lot of fun with all of them.  It was fun to see Jack getting the attention and loving it :).  I took his friends home WAY later than we said, but all was well.  So happy nobody got hurt!  Happy Birthday, Jack Jack!  8-24-19

















No comments: