HANNAH HOLM
I really loved Sunday School! This was my first time back there in several years as well. I wasn't sure how I would like it even though Nate had promised I would love the teacher Hannah Holm. I was PLEASANTLY surprised with how nice it was! I loved her lesson on joy and loved the discussion in the room. It was a blessing! 10-20-19
ONE LAST PINEWOOD DERBY
The activity day girls got to do a pinewood derby Tuesday night! Erika and Nate slaved over her watermelon car the day before, making it perfect! They got off to a very late start- I think we sat there for at least an hour before the track showed up- but once they got going, it was a lot of fun. Erika's car didn't do quite as well as she had planned. The pennies were doing weird things and then the wheel was falling off... kind of a bummer, but she handled things so well and was a good sport, cheering for her friends and getting excited for them. Such a good girl! Makes me proud. We were all exhausted when it was time to go home. Especially Noah and Erika, they'd had their dress rehearsal all afternoon! 10-22-19
KELLY'S BRACES CAME OFF
It happened! It actually happened! She went in on Wednesday, Molly, Sadie and I kept the waiting room seats warm for the entire hour and a half, and Kelly got her braces off!! We were so excited for her! She looks beautiful! She looked beautiful before, but now she has straight teeth too :). I love how happy she is to have them off and how much she smiles!! This is a fun thing. She got some sparkling apple juice, popcorn and m&ms to celebrate! 10-23-19
PETER PAN ASSEMBLY
I got to go help with the assembly/practice run of Noah and Erika's play. It was super chaotic back stage, moving the set and stuff, having no knowledge of how things were supposed to go ahead of time. But I loved being able to watch Noah and Erika a little from behind. Got me very excited for Friday and seeing it from the front :). I'll never forget Noah singing the I'm Flying song over and over and over again the next couple of days trying to get it down. Such a fun kid. 10-24-19
BRAD RABBIT AND JACK'S RACE
Noah and Erika were at their crazy long dress rehearsal on Thursday so they were unable to go to their races (which I'm still kicking myself for not stealing Erika- she could have been gone for a few minutes), but Jack went for his! He was so cute this time! He had decided to just stick with Liam :). He said, "I just stayed by Liam. And when he was tired, he just stopped, so I stopped with him" :). Such a cute friend. I love how loyal he is to his friends. He has really surprised me with his running with this Race Cats season. I have been so proud of him. And to top it off- Brad wowed us with his rabbit skills :). He ran with the first three races! Pretty remarkable! Made me proud of him too and totally helped Jami out. Cool kid. 10-24-19
CHARITY'S CHOIR CONCERT
We all made it over to the Davis auditorium. Not in one piece of course, we had taken all three cars I think, but we made it! We got to watch all the choirs perform including our favorite- the Madrigals! They did fantastic! I loved the tighty whitey song :). It's so neat to watch Charity excel at her singing and being part of this amazing group! I love it so much! So proud of her!! 10-24-19
PETER PAN!!!
Our long awaited peformances were this week! Friday at 5:00 and Saturday at 7:30. We had 12 tickets for both nights. Lots of family support for our cool little actors. It was so exciting! The nerves were high, but so was the adrenaline. We went as a family to the Friday night performance, Nate and I got to sit on the front row- that was nice! It was SO MUCH FUN to watch our cute Noah and Erika doing what they'd worked so hard on for the past six weeks! They really blew us all away with their acting skills. It was a lot of fun to see both of them. I still can't believe how many lines Noah had to memorize and all the scenes that he was in- he did SO GOOD!!! He really was the perfect Peter Pan. And Erika, our little lost boy, Twin #2 was so cute as well! She really lit up the stage when she was on there. I really could have watched this play a million times- it was so fun! The kids loved it too. I think everyone was pretty blown away by how good they did. We had to hurry home after on Friday night to get home for the Maughan's haunted forest, but we did go get some Cold Stone the next day before Nate had to go to work. This was very much celebration worthy! So Saturday at about 4:00, while Noah was just chilling, trying to relax before his next show, the director calls me and says that Nathan, the other cast's Peter Pan had been throwing up all day! She carefully asked if there was any way Noah could come and do their show! I was a little shocked, and kind of worried that this would be too much for him, but I asked him and he was all for it! He tried not too seem too happy, because that would be rude to Nathan, but I think he was really excited to be able to do it with that cast (Jacob Downs was Hook) and the chance to do the play for an audience one more time was appealing as well. He was so awesome! Rolled with all the punches- since some of their scenes had been set up differently. Did an amazing job! Everyone kept telling me what a better Peter Pan he was. That was fun :). So then we brought him some dinner, and he got all geared up for his cast's showing just an hour after the first one! Such a cool kid. This time we had Grandma Hatch, Simon, Grandma Ruthie, Kelly, Brad, Aunt Becky, Aunt Jen, Uncle Chris, Aunt Meg, Jarom and Sam to cheer them on! They did another great show! It was so much fun to see it again. I loved that play! It made what followed that last showing all worth it. I had signed up to help strike the set and didn't realize what that entailed I guess. I had no idea we were doing it THAT NIGHT, IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE SHOW! I mean, it makes sense, and since it is Laura Brown, I should have assumed, but man, I was not prepared to have them announcing my name over the mic saying that I was talking things down. We were there for three hours!! Taking down the set and juggling Sadie and worrying about not being good hosts to our family. It was nuts!! We even drove all the way to Centerville to help unload the trailer at their studio. I was pretty annoyed when we started, but decided I needed to change my attitude and just suck it up. I was happy that I'd gotten all the hours I needed, since I wasn't sure where those were going to come from. And I know my kids like to be part of the behind the scenes stuff, so I think it was okay. Sweet Brad- I don't know what I would have done without his help for sure! He was amazing. And Kelly, taking care of Sadie! Crazy night! But we survived. And we loved it! I think it was a bit of a downer for Noah and Erika, being done and all, but they can sure be proud of themselves and all their hard work. It totally paid off! 10-25-19--10-26-19
No comments:
Post a Comment