"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Sunday, March 13, 2022

February 2022

LUKE GOT ASKED TO HIS FIRST DANCE!
It was a lot of fun to hear that Rachel was planning on asking Luke- Kelly and Brad were super excited about it- I'm surprised they kept it a secret!  We heard the doorbell while I was getting the little girls in bed but thought we'd leave it there for Luke to find when he got home from Basketball practice.  I LOVED Luke's face when he figured out who it was.  He was really happy and pretty relieved probably that it was a good friend.  She had a sign that said, 'Will you o'fish'ally got to Sweethearts with me?" next to a bag of Swedish fish and a bag of fish crackers :).  He seemed really happy :).  2-1-22

JACK ACTIVITY DAYS
Jack is loving activity days.  He gets to have Mrs. Johnson (he won't let me call her Sis. Johnson) and he is just so excited to go and has so much fun there.  This week he won a bunch of the minute to win it games.  Super fun!  I loved how happy he was when he came home.  2-1-22

CLASSIC SKATING FOR PLAYGROUP
Lisa and Brooke wanted to do a "birthday party" so we went up to Classic for playgroup this time.  Molly loved it!  Sadie sat on my lap a lot of the time and whined which was a total bummer.  We snagged a few arcade games as we were trying to leave and got disappointed with how few tickets we had- seriously the system was not working at all.  So we left a little unhappy, hoping we could come back that night, but it was a good time for the most part.  2-2-22

BRAD AND LUKE'S GAME
They had a really amazing game this week!  Their games are so much fun.  I love when I meet a new mom and they want to talk about how good Brad and Luke are at playing together.  It really is fun to watch them.  They have a chemistry when they play together.  I love the bonding it encourages as well.  We totally killed the other team.  2-2-22

LUKE'S 16th BIRTHDAY AND FAMILY PARTY
I think Luke had a good birthday this year.  I think he had to be a big kid this year and couldn't get too giddy.  He woke up to his amazing sign that I made :).  I'd say I made it myself, but a lot of the ideas came from Erika and then Kelly had to send me a mock up of my hurdle "happy" idea.  So anyway.  I loved how it turned out though!  Who knows how Luke felt that morning, he woke up a little late, missed out on our study time where we drew pictures of our favorite memories with him and his crepes, and just ran out the door pretty quickly.  He let us take him out for lunch though :).   We grabbed some Arby's.  It was nice to be with Luke and have the time we've had together.  I was feeling a little like he's just grown up too fast.  I was reminiscing about Luke all day and all the cute things he did when he was little.  He's been such a joy in my life.  He was pretty tired (he's been working out with Brad in their track class and kind of wearing himself out every other day- it's been a tiring change, but I think he likes it) so he took a nap before his family party.  We had a pretty casual party at home.  Grandpa Hatch, Grandma Hatch, Heidi and her kids, and Chris, Sierra and Sam all came.  We had ham and cheese sliders at Luke's request and an Oreo cake (because he wouldn't request one :) ).  He was very particular this year about what he didn't care about.  Kinda new.  But it was nice and easy.  He got a lot of fun gifts.  He liked the magnets and the bamboozled game we gave him and then we also gave him a big envelope of gift cards to places to go on dates :).  Kinda fun.  Hopefully he is brave enough to go out on dates now.  I think it's so good for ya.  I'm excited for him to be in this stage of life and be able to do new things.  It will be fun for him to have more things to look forward to.  I think Luke had a nice day.  I love his humility and his comedy.  I love that he is such a good kid and such a good member of this family.  Happy 16th Luke!  2-3-22

100's DAY!
Molly and I were so excited for 100's day!  I got to go help with all the fun.  Molly was so happy to see me there, kept running over and hugging me :).  I did the counting 100 drops of water station.  That was fun.  We had to predict how high up the water would be with 100 drops.  Kinda fun to see the kids' reactions when it was barely even noticeable.  Molly loved the whole day, got to do a lot of counting to 100.  Clapping, 100 seconds of quiet, marker dots, cup stacking, 100 exercises.  Super cute!  2-4-22

LUKE'S FRIEND PARTY
Luke wanted this to be really casual and nothing too official.  I thought that's how they always were, but I tried to change it even more.  He chose to go to TopGolf with Jaxx, Clint, Josh and Brody.  They got a bay right away and then like 20 minutes in were evacuated for a fire alarm.  SO dumb.  So they hung around for a little while to see if they could go back in but it was going to be a while, so they just came home.  Such a bummer.  They got back here had pizza, played Jackbox games for a bit, then some muddy buddies, donuts or brownie bites (he said no cupcakes, so I didn't do cupcakes).  Then we played Deal or No Deal.  I had found this deck of cards at Dollar Tree (when I took Molly and Sadie to get a prize instead of wasting more money at Classic) and it turned out to be kind of a fun game.  Nate and I had gone out on a limb and bought a bunch of snacks to use as prizes (instead of our money idea) and Luke slowly consented to having this game.  I think it helped when he saw how we played it.  He was actually kind of excited to play it when they got back from TopGolf.  I think it was a lot of fun!  They all got into it and seemed to like it.  I was glad :).  Luke seemed happy and was making it even more fun with his humor.  Clint won the million and got the big box of Takis :).  So fun!  They watched Maze Runner to top of the night.  It was a late one!  I loved watching Luke with his friends and loved him being spoiled by everyone.  2-4-22

STRESSFUL GAMES
Well, our winning streak ended this Saturday, with Erika and Noah's team.  Grandpa and I decided he is an unlucky charm since this was the first time he came this season.  Just kidding of course, but kind of a bummer.  The kids all played really well and did their best so we were still really proud of them, just some crummy refs, crummy calls, just seemed really difficult to call it fair.  But we didn't lose by much on either team, and we can learn from these games, so it was okay to lose.  Just a bummer.  Nate took a while to come down from the loss and stressful refs Noah's game.  Here's to our next game!  2-5-22

LEATHERBY'S FOR GRANDPA RUSS'S BIRTHDAY
After Noah's game we raced down to Taylorsville for some dinner and ice cream at Leatherby's with the Maynes family to celebrate Grandpa Russ.  Charity and Isaac even came!  It was a really nice time!  I got to sit and chat with Nancy the entire time.  I loved that.  Her sweet compliment on the way home via text is still making me happy :).  The kids had so much fun and loved their few bites of their giant ice creams :).  Funny kids.  Good times.  2-5-22

JACK'S TESTIMONY
I really loved Jack's testimony today.  I was out in the foyer dealing with Sadie and he said some of the sweetest things.  Melted my heart.  I needed the reminder that if we do something wrong we can repent and that if you love Heavenly Father he will help you when you're stressed.  Such wise words from my wise little man.  Love ya, Jack.  2-6-22

NOAH AND THE ARK
In Sunday School today I got really hung up on some of the things people were saying about Noah not being able to take all the animals on the ark.  That there's no way it's possible.  Kinda weirded me out.  It says he put all the animals on the ark- I am going to have to believe he put all the animals on the ark!  That's how my testimony of the bible works.  Unless you can show me otherwise where it says that he didn't and this is just symbolic or figurative, I'm going to keep believing that he did.  So strange.  2-6-22

FASTING
I don't know what happened this week, but I was not able to fast the entire time I had planned.  I couldn't believe how sick I felt towards the end of the evening.  I ended it an hour and a half early because I felt like I was going to throw up from the headache.  It was awful.  I hope Heavenly Father knows how much I wanted to fast the entire time, and that he will sanctify the time that I did fast.  2-6-22

BRAD'S HAIRCUT
I love that my boys still let me cut their hair.  In fact, when I offer to take them to a professional, or at least with Brad, he insisted that I do a better job :).  Makes me happy to be able to offer a service that nobody else can :).  Unlike the millions of other mindless things I do- HA!  He does have a very special haircut.  I also love being able to spend that time with my cute boys.  Brad is a fun one to sit and talk and joke with.  He's so good to me and so sweet whenever we get time together.  Makes my day.  He was funny to notice the half inch I cut off the long part "feels so much lighter!" "look! it still fits in a pony tail- that's good!"  2-7-22

SADIE'S ARM
I started putting Sadie to bed a little differently this week.  I decided to lay down next to her for a few songs that we sing together and then turning on Alexa for some disney lullabies and she has fallen asleep so much quicker and it's been a much more positive experience for both of us.  I hate for her to fall asleep crying or with me angry at her.  This has been really pleasant and totally doable.  The best part is when she gets sleepy, she rolls over and stretches her arm out over me and drapes it across me or my face or whatever is closest :).  Then sometimes she snuggles up to me and rubs her cute little face all over me.  It's the cutest thing ever.  2-7-22

COLLEGE DAY
Bradley got to experience his first college day!  It was fun to hear all about the qualifying times to walk on to the track teams.  That was the big concern, which I love :).  He is already right there, getting the time he needs to walk on.  I bet that with his two seasons left, he could really bring that up!  I can't wait to see what he does!  Cross your fingers we don't get anymore injuries between now and then.  2-8-22

NOAH'S PHYSICAL
There was something cool about Noah's physical this year.  Maybe it's like this every year and I just don't remember, but I got this overwhelming sense of just how awesome Noah is.  He's talking about all the things that he does with Track, Cross Country, Basketball, his bass playing, his waking up early to study with the family, how well he's doing in school, that was awesome, but even more than all that he does to make him so "well rounded".  I just could feel what an incredible person he is and is becoming.  I'm just really proud of him and all that he is.  He is so good to his mom.  So good to his family.  He loves all the right things.  I'm really loving being able to joke and talk with him and being able to have grown up-ish conversations with him now.  I love that.  He's such a good kid and such a good friend.  Really proud of the little guy :).  2-8-22

LUKE DRIVING
Well, we're getting to the end of Luke's driving instruction!  He's been driving with his instructor this week and for the next couple weeks before finally being able to get his license!  But we're getting closer!  I miss our drives, we aren't doing those as much, but it's been fun to watch him grow and improve.  And all the laughs and talking.  I miss that already.  Now that Brad has home release on A days, it will be nice that Luke can drive himself.  2-8-22

BRAD AND LUKE'S BASKETBALL GAME
We had an amazing turnout for the game this week!  It was pretty fun and cool that Brad enjoyed it so much.  Grandpa Hatch was invited this week and he invited Heidi and her kids.  Then Charity magically showed up also, which was so fun!  We had everyone from our family minus Noah and Erika, they were at ym/yw activities, so quite the cheering section!  It was a really fun game because we had heard they were a really good team and had been pretty nervous/anxious all week for the game.  But about three or four minutes in, we were already way ahead and no longer worried about how it was going to go :).  Pretty awesome!  We beat them by a ton at the end.  Even with all the dumb calls and missed calls.  2-9-22

MALL PLAYGROUND WITH HEIDI
We met up with Heidi and her kids at the mall for some playing at the playground.  It was really fun for about a half hour and then Sadie started complaining.  I made her stick it out for about another half hour and then finally put her out of her misery... we came home.  It was a good time, hopefully we can do it again sometime but with less whining.  2-10-22

HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE STEVE
I was so happy that Steve appreciated my nice text that morning, even though it was really early and probably woke him up.  We all met up at Grandpa's house for Steve's birthday!  I can't believe he's 34!!  So old!  I made him a wood cake :).  It was a nice attempt.  We had pizza and talked about Steve and Nana :).  Just like we always do.  I loved it.  I love Steve's gratitude and how fun he is for us when we celebrate him.  Happy Birthday, Bud!  2-10-22

YW BASKETBALL
This week was SO AWESOME!!  We played a much easier team and had Cameron there so we did a MILLION times better!  It was so awesome!  I loved the smiles and all the fun the girls were having, scoring and high fiving, trying for 3's!  It was so much fun!  Slurpees after of course- Annika was there :).  So our 10-30 last week was overcome with our 28-2 this week!!!  Such an improvement!  Erika was fantastic!!  Probably our star!  2-10-22

DATE NIGHT
Nate and I were able to squeeze in a date this weekend, which was MUCH needed.  We didn't want to fight the Valentines crowd, so we chose something close and left early for Orlando's.  This was nice.  We talked a lot about ward stuff and enjoyed the food.  Too bad the waitress brought us chips and salsa even though we requested to not have it, or we could have given her a way bigger tip.  HA!  Just kidding.  After dinner, we went and saw Murder on the Nile.  That movie was cool.  I only wish I hadn't figured it all out in the first few minutes of the movie :).  Fun murder mystery though.  2-11-22

KATE'S PARTY
Poor Kate has had a rough couple weeks with her ears and then some exhaustion/migraines on Saturday after her game, so bad that she had to cancel her birthday party.  Erika was pretty worried about her and wishing she could do something to help.  It was a long week of waiting to give Kate her present, but she survived and was able to go to her rescheduled party on Saturday.  It was a huge relief for Erika that Kate is doing better.  They were going to go to TopGolf, but the wait was too long so they ended up at Getn Air!  Fun stuff.  Erika had a blast and talked about it all evening.  2-12-22

SWEETHEARTS DANCE- BRADLEY AND LUKE
Brad and Luke's long-awaited dance finally came!  This was a big day!  Brad had had his day date a week or so before- they made pizzas.  Luke got to go on his Friday.  They went to the Coleseum.  It was fun having two boys getting ready for the dance all day, picking up corsages together and helping each other pick out ties and stuff.  Pretty fun.  They both looked so great!  Luke in his new suit!  I'm so proud of these two.  Such good boys and so fun to have around.  Brad went with Bailey Brenchley and Luke with Rachel Maughan.  Brad's group went to Hug Hess for dinner and Luke went to Abby's grandparents' house.  Then the dance and after party.  They were so fun to talk to when they got home.  I loved hearing about it all from them.  Such fun kids.  Kelly was here just to hear about the dance and enjoyed their stories as well.  So cute.  I am loving these days and all the fun we get to watch the kids experience :).  Love it!  2-12-22

VALENTINE'S DAY!
We had a really great Valentine's day this year!  I got everyone little squeeze ball poppers, most of them I got their favorite animal or something representative of them.  Minus Luke and Brad.  I wrapped them up in tissue paper and left them by their pillows.  That was fun.  I spent quite a bit of time the night before cutting out hearts to tape to their doors with things I love about them written on them.  That's always a lot of fun for me, just thinking about each kid for a few minutes and giving them praise for the things I love.  I think they like it.  Then we had a Valentine's study time over some pink pancakes.  We wrote down when we felt loved over the last week, when we showed love during the last week, and talked about some of the different ways of showing love.  It ended up being really cool.  Everybody went to school.  I think it was just a normal ol' day for Bradley and Luke.  Noah's school did candy grams, which I don't think he really participated in.  But the elementary school, thankfully! had class parties this year!  I got to go help in Jack's first.  My mom came and babysat Molly and Sadie for me, which was good because it wasn't really the kind of party they would have enjoyed.  I got to help with the little yarn monster-making.  These were so cute!  Such a fun idea and the kids did a really good job with them.  I loved being with Jack and seeing him in his space.  He's such a cool kid.  Doesn't care at all what other people think of him.  Makes me glad he's so comfortable with himself.  He also got to have heart shaped waffles with whipped cream and strawberries!  Pretty sweet!  As soon as his party was done, we rushed Molly off to school then tried to get Sadie down for a nap.  It was a short one and I totally had to wake her up before heading over for Molly's class party at the end of the school day.  We did our cool little heart bean bag toss which my kids have always loved :).  I loved Mrs. Piper's ideas to use the letters on the floor.  They seemed to have enough fun :).  There were a few other games and then they also got to pass out their valentine's as part of the party and frost and decorate a cookie.  I was glad that Sadie went around with Molly to most of the stations before finally losing it at the very end.  Which miraculously, Kelly showed up and ran off with her, so that was pretty convenient.  She was down for her follow up on her physical.  So we had a lot of fun with the parties.  Everyone was content at home, we all kinda bummed around a lot and played the Oculus.  It was a nice afternoon. I left Nate's gift of two t-shirt-ish hoodies (one was a Jazz one) and some sugar free treats, in a bag on his side of the bed.  He seemed to really like them!  I was happy about that! Unfortunately, everyone had their basketball practices that night, so I didn't really get to be with my Valentine very much in the evening, but it was all good.  We made up for that later.  Such a great day!  I love Valentine's day and the excuse to show others that you love them!  2-14-22

LAST GAME OF THE SEASON
Brad and Luke had their last game.  It was a really crazy win again!  So much fun!  It was like 46 to 24 or something outrageous.  I loved it :).  They played great!  Luke make a whole bunch of shots within the paint again which was pretty cool!  They both made most of the points if you ask me- but Brad said it was his lowest scoring game for some reason.  The reffing stunk as usual, but that's tradition.  I loved this season!  I wish we could keep this team for next year!  Grandma Hatch and Simon came this time!  That was fun.  We tried to facetime with Kelly so she could have the best of both worlds, but it didn't really work.  But she was happy with the score at the end :).  Here's to next year!  They get one more together.  2-14-22

7TH GRADE OPEN HOUSE
Erika's big moment- we had the 7th grade open house this Thursday.  It ended up being somewhat informative.  I was mostly bummed it wasn't the same old style that we've done five times, but if I'm being honest, this may have been more useful.  I don't know.  We got to ask some questions to each of the departments, we found out about honors vs. regular classes and the difference between manufacturing and engineering and the girls basketball team.  Erika seemed really excited about it all- especially the orchestra room!  I think she's really going to have a good year, I'm really happy she's feeling so good about it also.  It's a crazy time of life, so I'm sure it will have it's ups and downs, but she seems totally up for it :).  2-17-22

ADAM PEARCE
Thursday, after Erika's open house, Nate noticed a post of Adam Pearce's on instagram saying he was done with life and that there was nothing anyone else could do and that he was going to return home.  I couldn't really believe he was going to actually kill himself, but luckily Nate had more inspiration than me.  He was really struggling with what to do about it, so I suggested that if he feels like he should go over there, then he should!  So he did!  There were lots of family there, people on phones waiting to hear more about Adam.  They had been searching for him all day in Oregon where he was living and not found him, but while Nate was there, the call came in that he had been found dead.  Nate expressed the horror of listening to a mother and father wail over the loss of their child.  I can't even imagine what that was like and feel bad Nate had to be there, but it also sounded like it was comforting for Richelle and Jeff to have him and Pres. Larsen there.  I was glad he was able to help and did offer some beautiful words of encouragement the way he does, to Richelle.  That had to be so painful.  I don't even like to try to think about it.  It's been a hard pill to swallow the last few days knowing what we can do to help the Pearces, or how to stay out of the way.  I don't know.  They don't want help and they don't want anyone contacting them, so I need to just back off.  I feel bad because I took them some lasagna last night and maybe that was the wrong thing to do because we got an email today saying not to do anything.  oops.  I hope she will forgive me.  I need to post these pictures I have of Adam from the Superactivity!  It's been a tough thing for everyone in the ward- Bishop got up and talked about him yesterday.  So hard!!  I am grateful to know that the Atonement is real.  We will be able to return to our Father in Heaven and see our family members again.  I hope that Adam is at peace now and now longer suffering with the physical ailments and mental anguish he seemed to be carrying.  The poor kid.  I'm grateful for the plan of salvation.  2-17-22

LAST YW BASKETBALL GAME
This was our last basketball game of the YW season too.  We did awesome again!  It was a lot of fun!  Not as big of a win as the last game, but still fantastic!  Huge improvement from the first game we played.  I was so glad that it ended up like this!  Slurpees all around.  Hopefully we get to play a little in the tournament.  2-17-22

CELEBRATING VALENTINE'S OR OUR ENGAGEMENT ANNIVERSARY EITHER WAY :)
We kind of planned this one together this year, that was fun.  We went and saw Uncharted that I've been wanting to see real bad, then stopped to help Brad jumpstart the van.  We were so proud of all that he had done to remedy the situation, I almost wish we hadn't stopped to help, he was almost there, but so he did so good!  Called Brandon for help (I love that he has a friend he can call for things like that!), got the kids home so they weren't freezing, he was doing it!  So cool.  Now he knows how to jumpstart a car even better.  He'll be all set for next time.  But he did awesome!  We really were just so proud of him.  After that we went up to Red Robin for some yummy dinner.  Then on to our hotel room up in Layton at the Gardens Inn.  This was such a great little break for me!  I needed it so much!  I don't know what it is about going away for a few hours (really, we got there around 9:00 and left at 11:00 in the morning, so not even an entire day) that just recharges me!  Being with Nate and being able to focus on just us for a minute is so nice.  I really loved it and felt good after.  And it was really nice to see our happy, all in one piece, kids when we got home.  Good job Brad, Luke, Noah, and Erika!  The babysitting dream team!  2-18-22--2-19-22

NO MASKS!!!
This week we heard the First Presidency had turned the decision of mask wearing over to the local leaders so we were hoping and praying President Larsen would have mercy and stop with the masks.  You would not believe my excitement when I got the text from Nate that he was going to be sending out an email from Pres. Larsen that masks are no longer required!!  WAHOO!!!  I'm so happy.  It was such a different feel in church.  The minute you walk in, it just feels so good to see everyone's faces and just melted my heart today!  I loved it!  Hopefully we can stay like this for a while.  Who knows.  2-20-22

PRESIDENTS DAY
I was really happy with how Presidents day (aka: our day off) went!  We had talked about it the night before and knew what we wanted to do, made a plan and then actually carried it out!  I was so proud of us.  And we did it without spending a ton of money.  We spent the morning sleeping in a little, study time, and cleaning up a little.  Then once Kelly showed up we were off on our adventures!  We headed down to the City Creek mall grabbed some pizza in Bountiful on the way, and then divided up in teams to play our picture scavenger hunt through the mall!  This ended up being really fun.  I wasn't sure how it would go.  We had two teams, Brad, Erika, Sadie, Jack and I vs. Kelly, Luke, Noah and Molly!  I think our team won, mostly because they got back late.  It was just for fun though.  We played at the little playground for a few minutes laughing at Kelly's attempt to get a video on her phone of the top of the trophy toy to see if it was hollow or not.  Kinda funny.  After that, we went over to the Clark Planetarium and wandered around ther efor an hour or so.  It was pretty crowded, but Jack still had the time of his life.  He wants to go back there for his birthday :).  We didn't lose anyone (for very long) this time!  The gift shop is the favorite part.  2-21-22

CRAZIEST THING EVER
So the weirdest thing happened Wednesday, while I was waiting for Emily to show up with the church keys for playgroup!  I was sitting there in the parking lot, almost ready to just go drive around and kill some more time when this teenager came running around the south end of the church and right toward me.  I had decided I could roll down my window because he looked like he was coming at me to talk, but weirdest thing ever, instead of stopping at my car and talking through the open window, he opened the door and climbed inside my car!  I even had Molly's little balance bike on the front seat, so it wasn't comfortable.  He climbed in and starts panicking about "some guys trying to rob him".  It was so strnge.  I was freaking out inside.  I did not feel safe, I told him that.  I was worried about Molly and Sadie feeling safe.  He kept telling me how freaked out he was and I just didn't feel much sympathy at first.  It was so strange.  He started handing me his phone and other belongings so that he could demonstrate that he wasn't going to do anything and at that point I started to believe him.  I didn't want to be sitting there in the parking lot when the guys chasing him showed up so I started to drive away.  I asked him what he wanted me to do.  He asked if I could just drive him a block or two and drop him off.  I started trying to get some information about him, he was a teen, a junior, doesn't go to Davis, but does online school.  He did know the officer at Davis so he thought that would be a good idea, so we decided to take him up to the school.  It was so strange.  I really just wanted to get him out of my car.  I dropped him off at the school and it looked like he didn't go inside, but I was done caring for the most part.  And it was mostly over.  I really felt flustered and was pretty shaky all through playgroup.  I told everyone about it and then tried to move on til I got home and told Nate and the boys all about it.  At that point it occurred to me that maybe the kid had been running from the police instead.  I decided to call the police station and let them know.  They recognized his name (Nathan Sprague) and wanted my number.  The cop called me a little later, I told him the whole story and then after he was able to talk with Officer Rich up at the school, he called me back to let me know he had actually gone and talked to him and was actually concerned about someone chasing him.  Poor kid.  He was obviously high or on something and to be scared enough to jump into a giant, black van with a complete stranger, he really must have been pretty worried.  I told them I didn't want to press chargest, but I wanted him to get some help.  I hope something good can come of it.  I don't know.  Such a strange thing.  I wish I'd been able to handle it a little differently.  Oh well.  Nothing bad happened so all is well.  2-23-22

LUKE'S LICENSE!!
Wednesday, Luke passed his driving test and was given the go ahead to get his license, so we scheduled an appointment for Thursday and he and I went and got his license!  It was so great!!  Pretty exciting stuff!!  I made him drive the van there so he could have a little more practice in the van, but overall, I am really confident in his driving.  I think he does great!  He's all ready to go!  2-24-22

LUKE'S FIRST RIDE
So Brad had Luke drive home from school and oddly enough, Luke got pulled over on Main street just before Burton for the license plate that hasn't been changed!!  I just can't believe that happened to him and Charity!!  So crazy!  He was pretty shaken up about it but handled it really well according to Brad.  I was proud of him.  Now he's gotten that out of the way too I guess!  2-25-22

ADAM'S FUNERAL
Nate, Sadie and I went to Adam Pearce's funeral on Friday.  I had signed up to bring a fruit salad and gluten free potatoes, so we brought those with us to the mortuary.  Nate had been scrambling a little to get his ribs smoked for our Friday Food, so it was a packed morning, but we did it!  The funeral was nice.  I wish we'd been able to hear more stories about him, but I loved all the talks.  He was such a neat kid.  I hope he is feeling much better now.  I hope we can use this as a motivation to really stay on top of our kids' mental health and giving them the tools to take control of their own situations as well.  Adam had Diabetes on top of mental illness.  Hopefully we can do more to prevent problems like that.  I wish I had been able to see Richelle and give her a hug.  2-25-22

RIBS AND POTATOES
Nate's Friday Food went really well!  I was glad it went so smoothly.  It's always weird to just send the food out there and get not much closure on it :).  But it went well and then we got to go on our date!  2-25-22

DATE NIGHT
We went to Zao Modern Asian Cafe for dinner.  I ate stuff I probably shouldn't have, but it was really good.  Then we went and saw the movie Dog.  I liked it!  Not for the kids, but it was entertaining.  2-25-22

GAME NIGHT
For our Saturday fun we had a game  night!  Played a few games.  It was fun until everyone was cryign about it being time for showers.  After that we watched the movie Zoo- very interesting, I think it was a good one.  Good times.  2-26-22

JACK'S TALK
Jack gave a talk in Primary today.  He did a great job!  Talked about Esau selling his birthright to Jacob.  I was proud of him and the things he had me write in his talk :).  Such a good boy.  2-27-22

PRAYER WITH MOLLY
Molly wasn't able to sleep and kept coming up to stall, Sunday night, and thankfully I had the thought to say a little prayer with her.  We knelt together and I was able to say the prayer and bless her with the ability to think of positive, happy things and that she would be able to sleep well with good dreams.  It was a really special little moment with my Molly.  I think she thought so too.  Thankfully, that was all she needed, went right to sleep.  Sweet little girl just gets a lot going on in her little head.  Glad I could help.  2-27-22

FHE
We finally got to have family night again!  Basketball practices are over, but the good thing is we get our Monday nights back!  2-28-22






No comments: