LABOR DAY/MOLLY'S 10TH BIRTHDAY
So Labor day was an interesting one this year! Good! But very interesting! We all went down to Grandma Ruthie's for Jen's Labor Day party. It was a FULL HOUSE for sure!! It was packed! It was kind of crazy of Brad, but he brought his cute Kayden to this party. They came a little late and we had to leave a little early, because Jack was almost out of insulin, so it wasn't too bad, but we were playing a game that would have been better with fewer people, so it was okay that we weren't there the whole time :). But meeting Kayden was the highlight for me :). She's adorable! So after that, the plan was to go to Farmington Pool to swim. I had decided to drop everyone off at the pool and run home to get Jack's insulin and go back and give him some. He hadn't eaten much at the party, so he was actually doing pretty okay blood sugar wise. I thought if he got in the pool and was swimming a bunch he wouldn't even need it really. But of course, my heart sank, when I looked in the fridge and found there was NO INSULIN!! Not a drop. We were completely out of insulin and when I looked at the website I learned that his new supply would not be here for a few more days!! I was in a bit of a panic if I'm being honest. I started texting everyone I know to see if they would let us borrow some, apparently nobody uses the same kind. Mandy Sanchez wasn't even answering. The pharmacies were all closed as well as the doctors' offices. This was SO BAD!! I was stressing and wasn't really sure how to fix this problem. I was just kind of sitting at the pool losing my mind all over my mom who was fun enough to join us. After a little while I got a call back from the on call doctor. They were able to point me to the Primary Children's pharmacy in Salt Lake, but then after a few more calls with them, we all realized that we would not be able to get it covered by insurance because they were covering the batch that was on it's way (or not quite on it's way here as I learned after a bunch more calls). It was a HUGE mess if I'm being honest. But after checking with Nate, I settled on taking Jack down to Primary Children's and just buying the insulin out of pocket. So that's what we did. Jack was feeling really crappy by now and sad that he had to leave the pool even though he had hardly gotten to swim because his foot was hurting him for some reason. So he was grumpy also. We made the long trek there with phones dying and his pump dying- of all the luck! But eventually got to the front of the line, paid the whopping $200 for the insulin and being on our way. It was a MIRACLE a huge one that my phone did not die while we were in line. It was chugging at the end there! SO we got in the car, had to scramble to find a store to buy a new charger to charge his phone, my phone and his pump most importantly. That was a challenge for some reason. But we did it!! Near the end there we had decided he just needed to get some insulin so we stopped and used the needle and fresh new pen and then continued home. It was seriously nuts!! All along I was stressing about Molly's family party and wondering how I was going to get everything all ready to go. It was stressful. We did make it home and we were able to get things all situated for Molly's family party. Grandpa Hatch, Grandma and Simon, Charity and Hunter, Brad still had Kayden with him. We had just enough to party really :). Molly had wanted to play Viking Chess again, and that was a big hit. I think we had mini loaf cakes that Molly and I had made to taste like snickers :). Chocolate cake with caramel inside along with some caramel frosting and snickers on top. They were pretty rich. But so fun, so good! I loved spoiling Molly and being able to celebrate her. She is such a part of our family. We couldn't be us without her. 9-1-25
MULTISTAKE YOUTH FESTIVAL (SHOULD BE CALLED A CONCERT, JUST SAYIN)
I was so satisfied with how this went! Martha did an amazing job planning it! haha!! I volunteered to help set up and was put on decorations, namely a balloon arch and columns in the entry lobby. Took a few minutes and then I was just there at the Regional center- TURTLE BUILDING- for a good coupld hours. I decided to just sit and relax! The rest of our stake leaders started coming around 5:00. We got a lot of things set up and directed all the other stakes' leaders. We got the wristbands all ready to pass out. Then the youth started coming! So many youth! We filled up the entire bottom section of seats with youth, made all the adults move and filled up about half of the upper section. Pretty awesome. This turned out to be so much fun! The performers were so fun. The Bonner family boys were awesome. Our stake girls were OBSESSED with Pierce Morris again :). Erika says that was the highlight for her- not watching Pierce, but watching Grace Layton enjoy Pierce- HA! I stood with Christa Skousen and watched it from the side, it was so cool. I loved seeing all the wristbands lighting up and the balls. I loved it really!! The Spirit was there, it was just awesome! Even the clean up went pretty smoothly and didn't feel overwhelming at all. We got out of there pretty quickly. I was grateful for Erika and Noah's help and company while we took down the balloons. Pres. Perry and Christa were there as well. Many hands made light work. I am actually looking forward to this for next year!! 9-3-25
LUNCH WITH BROOKE
We finally made it to lunch! We went to Zupas and had such a good time! I loved the yummy Dubai Chocolate covered strawberries!! So amazing!! She should never have shared those with me! I miss seeing Brooke more often. 9-4-25
RENTALS
We started renting out the wedding stuff. Seems to be going pretty well! I am actually surprised at how much I can bring in with that. Kinda cool. Basically makes up for me leaving the Lisa's. 9-6-25
SOCCER
So far soccer has been a blast this season! Erika and Noah are on the same team and that has been really fun. Molly is back on a Kaysville rec team and that has been a huge relief. I don't even think I mentioned the I-9 league we put her on last season... so sad. It set her back a little, but I think she's caught up already. 9-6-25
CHARITY AND HUNTER IDAHO OPEN HOUSE
We were lucky enough to be able to go up to Preston for the open house at the Hollist home. Nate even got work off. Grandpa Hatch showed up shortly after us, that was fun. They had the best food and it was really fun to meet all the family members and friends there. Brad and Kayden especially had a good time mingling with all the hispanics and people from Peru and people who served in Peru on missions. I liked meeting Linda's uncles Ken and David, Molly liked seeing Leila again. It was really nice to have my dad there as my security blanket. And I was so surprised to see the Christensens there :). Fun stuff though. 9-6-25
LUNCH WITH JULIE CLEMENS
Julie texted me the night before telling me she was going to be in Kaysville, so we were able to meet up at Orlando's for some lunch! This was a highlight. I love Julie. What would I do without her in my life. I love being able to start where we left off and it never feels like we've been apart. She's such a good friend, so understanding and so easy to talk to. It's crazy how much our kids are all growing and changing right now. Big stuff!! She's got three in three different colleges! 9-8-25
LUNCH WITH ANNIE COLE
Annie and I got to meet up at Chipotle again- not sure why but I ended up at the South Jordan one instead of the West Jordan one out by her house. So it took me a minute to get there. But it was so nice to hang out. We think the same on so many things- it's actually so refreshing to talk to her. She is such a good friend. 9-9-25
CHARLIE KIRK
On Wednesday I got a text from Brad telling me that Kayden's family had been at UVU to watch Charlie Kirk and saw him get shot! So crazy!! Brooke and I had talked about going there, Charity had talked about going there. None of us went, but man, such a weird world. They were pretty unsure of who did it for a while and since then, there has been a lot of talk of conspiracies and stuff. It all seems very fishy to me. But mostly just so sad. He has a wife and two little kids. He was so amazing and had such a good grasp of reality and a good perspective on life. He was religious and very conservative so I agreed with almost every thing I've heard him say. He had so much ahead. It's so sad that he was killed for speaking out and trying to listen. Kind of scary really. I don't want to let it silence me. 9-10-25
TEMPLE WITH BRADLEY
I have been wanting to have a regular temple day and I need to really make it happen, but this week Brad motivated me to get an appointment. It was so nice to go with him. I love the temple. 9-11-25
MINISTERING INTERVIEWS
Rebekah Flindt and I were able to meet with Debra Smith for our interview this time. It was fun! I liked visiting. I really want to find a way to make Debra a Lego nativity :). 9-11-25
PRESIDENTS DINNER
This went really well again. I enjoyed hearing from all the Presidents. There was less talk about teaching Sunday lessons, which is unfortunate because I don't think many of them are. But it was a productive meeting. Zupas is always good too :). And I tried Poppi- prebiotic soda. Very cool. 9-11-25
BASKETBALL FOR ERIKA
We've started up with a fall season of basketball for Erika- kind of here and there, not really all in, but we went up to Brighton High for a couple games and it was really fun to watch! Erika did amazing! It's going to be a fun basketball season come Winter! 9-13-25
SUNDAY
This Sunday was a big day for me. I had to go to Stake Council at 6:30 in the morning, our ward at 9:00, choir at 11:15, then I took a small break before heading out to our Stake Youth Council at 2:00 and then Prep for life at 3:00. All of which I was kind of in charge of. Not completely but I had Martha's keys so... It all went pretty well though! I especially loved the Prep For Life YSA panel. Brad was on it, so that was awesome. He did a great job. I loved hearing all of his answers. He sure loves the Gospel and Jesus Christ. What a blessing he is in my life. We got home and rushed off to the family meeting! Kinda nuts! 9-14-25
NOAH'S CCR
This was a little bit annoying because I didn't feel like his counselor was helping us with anything. We had to drag information out of her rather than having her anxious to give it to us. Noah has amazing grades, a desire to go to college, and wants some direction as to where and how, but she just was not very informative. Kind of annoying. But we got some info- found out they screwed up on his 9th grade grades, and hopefully he will be able to take the ACT again soon and can move on to applying for schools! He's so cool! He also got some forms to apply for internships and work release. 9-15-25
ZERO FATALITIES
I think this was like my 4th or 5th time seeing this- I know I made Nate go once or twice. I don't think we did it during COVID, but anyway- we had to go to Viewmont this time, the one at Davis was during something else. But it ended up being pretty much the same as it has always been. Which I actually don't mind. I kind of like it. Erika was paying very close attention and that was good. Pretty exciting that she could get her license in a couple of months!! She needs more hours though! 9-16-25
ERIKA'S FIRST DATE- HOMECOMING DAY DATE TO TOP GOLF
She was not feeling great most of the day and slept quite a bit,but then was able to shake it off for the date that night. She ended up having SO MUCH FUN! I was so glad! Easton was a great first date! 9-17-25
LUNCH WITH PAPPY
It's been a few months since we did our lunch, so this was nice and refreshing. I love hanging out with my dad. We visited for a while and then Brad showed up which was so much fun! We loved that. He always makes everyone smile. I think we all had a good time. Grandpa paid for it and I still don't know why it was so much! 9-18-25
COLUMBIA FUN RUN!
I don't the excitement level for this is near what it used to be with the older kids- these ones just don't love running as much as they did, but I will say Molly and Sadie were looking forward to it :). Nate, Brad and I headed over to the school- Molly had wanted to someone to run with so I brought Brad :). He ran with Sadie in the first group and then again with Molly for the second. So fun! They all did so good! Molly came in 5th place we think, for fourth grade girls. Very cool! Brad had a good time even. Nate and I visited with all the friends and neighbors which is always fun. Good stuff! 9-19-25
DATE NIGHT
Nate and I went to Applebee's and saw the movie Senior from Angel Studios. Very fun movie! We had a great time. We are really needing our dates these days so I was happy we could this week! 9-19-25
BRAD SPEAKING AND MEETING KAYDEN'S MOM
Brad was asked to speak this week by two different stake leaders. Janice Johnson for the Country Lane ward and then Cameron Jones? in the 11th ward! I got to go to most of the first one with Nate and then we got to meet Kayden's mom afterwards which was so fun. She said she thought I was Brad's sister :). WINNER!! She had to hurry and go to the airport, but she was so nice! I am glad I got to meet her. Then I went to choir and caught the end of his second talk. Big day for Brad! He has another one in NOvember with Travis at the Shadowbrook ward. 9-21-25
DINNER AT CHARITY AND HUNTER'S
We were invited down for dinner this Sunday, so we brought some Lasagna and all the energy we could squeeze into their place :). We had taken a detour on our way there, to take some cake and card to Jen for her birthday and ran into Grandma getting ready to ride around. It was way more out of the way than I had imagined for some reason. It was a fun time! Charity was so nice to attempt a diy Ranch dressing for Sadie even though she really didn't appreciate it. We were able to spend a lot of good time there, played a few games, and talked a LOT. It was nice. We miss them!! Nice time talk to NOah on the way there and Brad on the way back :). Fun stuff. 9-21-25
MINISTERS
Greg and Brad are our new ministers. Kinda funny. But I wanted to document everyone's bucket list item from Greg's question- Let's see if I can remember them all. Sadie was wandering around, I don't think we got hers. Molly wants to have a horse. Jack wants to be an engineer. Erika wants to do something I can't remember at the moment. Noah said going on a mission. Brad said getting a calling. I said Machu Picchu and now I am drawing a blank on Nate's too. I need to reask them. But so fun. 9-22-25
LUKE'S YEAR MARK!!!
He didn't really like thinking about it too much, but we are all very excited for Luke to have reached the one year mark! A whole year! At this point it feels like it's been more than a year, but I'm so proud of him and all that he has done. He is really impressive and growing so much. It was a lot of fun to hear him and Brad talking about how to help the missionaries in his zone. Luke is such a good learner, asks questions, listens. I think that is one of his gifts. It's going to be cool to see what else he can accomplish on the Lord's errand! He's so awesome! Congrats, Luke!! One more to go! You got this. 9-23-25
HOMECOMING 2025- NOAH AND ERIKA
We had such a great Homecoming this year! Erika got asked by Easton who was just a sweetie from day one. He was so funny about how his ice cream was melty and things didn't quite go right with his ask. But he was so fun about the ties, buying every shade of pink, and then worrying about driving. He was funny. Erika was so happy about going with him and was wanting to make things perfect. She was so smart with her dress choice and picked a really modest pink one with cute decorative flowers sewn on- SO CUTE!! She looked gorgeous in it. She and I made the boutineere the morning of, that was a lot of fun. Fretting over every little inch of it. We made the perfect one! It was so much fun. She looked beautiful! I was a little sad I was kind of busy setting up Noah's dinner I didn't really get to help her get ready, but I was SO relieved that Easton came to pick her up a little earlier than she had said. I was able to be here when he came. He was adorable. Very sweet to everyone in the room, wanting to be introduced to everyone and just so friendly. Cool kid. Charity and Bradley both happened to pop in through the room so they met him. Charity and I got pictures of them swapping flowers and then a couple more for good measure and then they were off! He popped back in the house to ask what time to bring her home :). Good one Easton! She had a blast! He was such a gentleman all night and was so polite and fun. What a great first dance!! She liked that they were both talkative with each other and the spike ball competition that they of course dominated. Good times! I'm glad she had such a good time!
Noah's date was a little different. He took a girl named Sienna. She was pretty shy from day 1. I love that Noah lets me take pictures of his group. We went to Lagoon Trail and it was PACKED!! Who knew. Kind of a bummer, but we got some good pictures. I also loved that Noah chose to have his dinner here this dance! That was so much fun! We put out a couple tables on back, the lights, Nate mowed the lawn and made pulled pork. We got out the bud vases and decorated the table and then everyone brought all the sides. I made some cute Strawberry Lemonade cakes and it was great! I think they had a good time! I loved having them. They were all very polite before they left! 9-27-25
GOODBYE PRESIDENT NELSON!
Such sad news to hear that President Nelson has gone on to his next life. I'm sad to see him go, but I do feel some peace knowing where he is and that we still have all of his words and revelation. It is obviously his time to go. He lived to be 101. He was amazing. I've always loved him. He gave so many wonderful promises that I hope to always remember and keep studying. I also love President Oaks and I am excited to see what it is like with him as the Prophet. I think he will be awesome too. Here we go! 9-28-25
FHE
For Family Night tonight, we decided to take Grandma Ruthie out for dinner for her birthday tomorrow! She chose Chubby's. We had all of us there, minus the marrieds and Luke. Grandma was so much fun- so cheerful! We ate our yummy food and then sat around talking for quite a while. It was so nice! We surprised grandma with our tradition of telling all the things we love about the birthday person. She seemed to like hearing what we had to say. Lots of her showing her love and making us all feel welcome and loved. Also her spirituality and how she is always teaching. Lots of good stuff! She was very sweet about it all and seemed a little uncomfortable with the compliments- so humble :).. We stopped for Nielson's Frozen Custard on the way home as our Family Night treat. 9-29-25
NOAH THE HOT COMMODITY
Noah called me while we were getting Neilson's on our way home from dinner with Grandma Ruthie to tell me that he had been asked TWICE to the Winter dance! A girl named Natalie was first- she's the one he wants to go with and was really excited about. But then Clara Wolsey also asked him, about five minutes later. It was kind of hard for him to say no! What a bummer for him! But then he found out that Chloe was also going to ask him but saw the poster on the porch before. Kinda nuts! I imagine he felt kind of cool being such a sought ought date :). 9-30-25
TEMPLE WITH BRAD AND JENEEL
Janeel and I finally made time to go to the temple together! It was a wet, rainy day. I wasn't sure if she was going to be able to make it so I invited Brad as well. It was a great time! We thought the drive to the temple was the funnest. Janeel is going to help Brad make some shoes :). I loved when Brad told me what thumbs up is like :). 9-30-25
No comments:
Post a Comment