CHINESE NEW YEAR
We were invited to Simon and my mom's for Chinese New Year celebrations. We had fun. Everyone got their lucky money- except Charity and Kelly- we were not sure why, but maybe because we are supposed to give them money? Not sure. Hunter read all the horoscopes or something for all the different year animals (what is this called? I forgot?). That was pretty fun. We have several of the same animal- kinda cool. 3-1-26
DR. SWINYARD FOR JACK
This was a pretty anticipated visit. We LOVED Dr. Brett, so we were lowering our expectations all the way to this South Jordan office. It was quite the drive. I was not sure how I felt about it during the first little bit, the office ladies were so strange. The aid was having me do Jack's finger poke. The place looked like it had come right out of the 90's- lots of mauve and flowers. I wasn't impressed AT ALL with the office set up. But all it took was a few minutes with this guy and we were hooked! He came in talking all about how awesome Jack is and how good his A1C is and how hard he's worked. It was so awesome. He gave me a minute and praised me for all that I have done for Jack. That was nice. Brought me to tears. He used some archery analogies with blood sugar and target range. That was cool. Then sat and talked to Jack like a friend, about his mission in Germany and how he was diagnosed while he was there. He was SO NICE! SO fun. So awesome. We were so relieved on the way home. Felt like we'd been led there. Jack was still smiling when we left. 3-2-26
This was a pretty anticipated visit. We LOVED Dr. Brett, so we were lowering our expectations all the way to this South Jordan office. It was quite the drive. I was not sure how I felt about it during the first little bit, the office ladies were so strange. The aid was having me do Jack's finger poke. The place looked like it had come right out of the 90's- lots of mauve and flowers. I wasn't impressed AT ALL with the office set up. But all it took was a few minutes with this guy and we were hooked! He came in talking all about how awesome Jack is and how good his A1C is and how hard he's worked. It was so awesome. He gave me a minute and praised me for all that I have done for Jack. That was nice. Brought me to tears. He used some archery analogies with blood sugar and target range. That was cool. Then sat and talked to Jack like a friend, about his mission in Germany and how he was diagnosed while he was there. He was SO NICE! SO fun. So awesome. We were so relieved on the way home. Felt like we'd been led there. Jack was still smiling when we left. 3-2-26
SEASON CHAMPS!!
Noah's Farmington rec basketball team won their game tonight!! Making them the Champions!! Pretty cool. They got shirts and water bottles :). This was actually such a highlight for Noah's last basketball season probably ever. I loved watching him play, hated thinking about how I probably won't get to watch him play ever again, but cheered hard! It was a pretty controversial game! So fun though!! Congrats Noah!! 3-4-26
Noah's Farmington rec basketball team won their game tonight!! Making them the Champions!! Pretty cool. They got shirts and water bottles :). This was actually such a highlight for Noah's last basketball season probably ever. I loved watching him play, hated thinking about how I probably won't get to watch him play ever again, but cheered hard! It was a pretty controversial game! So fun though!! Congrats Noah!! 3-4-26
KYLE'S CAKE
I volunteered to make a cake for Kyle Desmond this week for his birthday. That ended up being a little bit more trouble than I had first anticipated. The colors he chose didn't fit the toppers they gave me. It was tricky. But I think he liked it! I am happy to help with cakes! 3-5-26
I volunteered to make a cake for Kyle Desmond this week for his birthday. That ended up being a little bit more trouble than I had first anticipated. The colors he chose didn't fit the toppers they gave me. It was tricky. But I think he liked it! I am happy to help with cakes! 3-5-26
LUNCH WITH KRISTA JOHNSON
We finally found time to hang out! It was so nice. We went to Plates and Palates. It was really good to talk to her and get some insight into my calling. She is a good friend, can't wait for her wedding! Erika's Olympus game was canceled because of the weather- pretty weak. 3-6-26
We finally found time to hang out! It was so nice. We went to Plates and Palates. It was really good to talk to her and get some insight into my calling. She is a good friend, can't wait for her wedding! Erika's Olympus game was canceled because of the weather- pretty weak. 3-6-26
TOOELE COUNTY REPORT- MOLLY
We decided to make a day of researching Molly's county. We headed out to Tooele, drove all the way to the Salt Flats. Molly got to lick the salt. We drove back toward Tooele city and saw the temple and crashed Kregg Clemens' birthday party for a minute to hug Julie and talk to Lacie. We got some Costa Vida and tried to see the firefighter museum but it was not open. Then we just came back home. I think we got enough to write a report :). Molly loved it! I think most of the kids felt like it was too long of a drive, but we all survived, so we're good! We had Brad, Erika, Jack, Molly and Sadie with us. Good stuff. 3-7-26
We decided to make a day of researching Molly's county. We headed out to Tooele, drove all the way to the Salt Flats. Molly got to lick the salt. We drove back toward Tooele city and saw the temple and crashed Kregg Clemens' birthday party for a minute to hug Julie and talk to Lacie. We got some Costa Vida and tried to see the firefighter museum but it was not open. Then we just came back home. I think we got enough to write a report :). Molly loved it! I think most of the kids felt like it was too long of a drive, but we all survived, so we're good! We had Brad, Erika, Jack, Molly and Sadie with us. Good stuff. 3-7-26
CRAZY SUNDAY
Once a year Martha has to be gone for Stake High Council meeting. So I got to go Sunday. It was at 6:30 in the morning! So early! Pretty boring. This one was even stranger than the last one. We mostly just talked about whether we thought someone could be called to the high council or not. I don't evne know the guy.
Once a year Martha has to be gone for Stake High Council meeting. So I got to go Sunday. It was at 6:30 in the morning! So early! Pretty boring. This one was even stranger than the last one. We mostly just talked about whether we thought someone could be called to the high council or not. I don't evne know the guy.
After that, we had ward conference at Hidden Valley- I didn't have to say anything, but mingling witht he girls is almost as nerve-racking. Our ward conferences have been going really well this year! I like what we did and that we did it with the YM.
I slipped in to a little bit of our ward for Sacrament meeting and some of YW, and then slipped back out to go do a ward conference in Nichols Hollow ward.
After that, Erika and I raced over to Teresa Nye's for a ministering visit, then off to church for Prep for Life! Where we did cereal for the treat. That was pretty fun actually. So crazy!
After that we went up to Ruth's for the family meeting.
It was a busy day! 3-8-26
CHARITY'S BIRTHDAY- NO SCHOOL!
We had a great day, laid around a lot. I made her the prettiest cake I think I've made. It was so fun! I really like to do the stripes! Then that evening we headed down to Orem for some Costa Vida and then hanging out at Charity and Hunter's house for some cake and ice cream. So much fun! Grandpa even came! Kelly and Erika had Lacrosse stuff so the three of them met up later for some celebrating. I think everyone else was there. 3-9-26
We had a great day, laid around a lot. I made her the prettiest cake I think I've made. It was so fun! I really like to do the stripes! Then that evening we headed down to Orem for some Costa Vida and then hanging out at Charity and Hunter's house for some cake and ice cream. So much fun! Grandpa even came! Kelly and Erika had Lacrosse stuff so the three of them met up later for some celebrating. I think everyone else was there. 3-9-26
LACROSSE
We're having such a fun Lacrosse season this year!! Watching Erika play two games every few days and getting to see Kelly coach again. It's been so much fun! Minus Erika's injuries. We really need to get her stuff figured out. 3-10-26
PASSPORT FOR NOAH
We finally went and got Noah's passport started! Big deal!!
We finally went and got Noah's passport started! Big deal!!
3-11-26
MOLLY'S 4TH GRADE PROGRAM
This ended up being so much fun!! Molly had worked so hard learning these songs! She knew all the words! It was very impressive. Molly got to hold up the Tooele sign cuz that was her county, but there was a lady sitting next to Kelly and Erika who did not like that we were getting all excited about Tooele. Kinda funny. We went to Dairy Queen after to celebrate! 3-12-26
This ended up being so much fun!! Molly had worked so hard learning these songs! She knew all the words! It was very impressive. Molly got to hold up the Tooele sign cuz that was her county, but there was a lady sitting next to Kelly and Erika who did not like that we were getting all excited about Tooele. Kinda funny. We went to Dairy Queen after to celebrate! 3-12-26
SICK DAY ZOOM CLASS
Jack and I got to experience ANOTHER sick day class. This was a repeat. I don't know if it's because we're new there, or if they just don't trust that we've been taught properly. But it was super boring. We thought we had the camera turned off the whole time and who knows what faces we made the whole time, but then at the end, she mentioned that "Jack looks tired" and we were both shocked! I hope she was just pranking us, but she may have been watching us the whole time. Kinda funny. 3-16-26
Jack and I got to experience ANOTHER sick day class. This was a repeat. I don't know if it's because we're new there, or if they just don't trust that we've been taught properly. But it was super boring. We thought we had the camera turned off the whole time and who knows what faces we made the whole time, but then at the end, she mentioned that "Jack looks tired" and we were both shocked! I hope she was just pranking us, but she may have been watching us the whole time. Kinda funny. 3-16-26
BASKETBALL BANQUET
They catered this with Cafe Rio and we sat and talked to the Maughans waiting for the line to die down, so we missed most of the food. There was very little left. Lots of lettuce of course. Nothing else. Kind of a bummer. But it was fun to celebrate Erika- she got her award- I'll have to remember what she got. It was fun to hear from all the captains. Cute girls. Here's to another good basketball season! 3-16-26
They catered this with Cafe Rio and we sat and talked to the Maughans waiting for the line to die down, so we missed most of the food. There was very little left. Lots of lettuce of course. Nothing else. Kind of a bummer. But it was fun to celebrate Erika- she got her award- I'll have to remember what she got. It was fun to hear from all the captains. Cute girls. Here's to another good basketball season! 3-16-26
KELLY HISTEROSCOPY
I got to take Kelly to her procedure and be there for the funnies when she woke up. It was a fun flash back to the good ol' days when we'd hang out more often. Everything looked good- they raked and got things all ready for planting. 3-19-26
I got to take Kelly to her procedure and be there for the funnies when she woke up. It was a fun flash back to the good ol' days when we'd hang out more often. Everything looked good- they raked and got things all ready for planting. 3-19-26
PLEASANT GROVE AWAY GAME
Things were crazy trying to make this game happen- our attending and cheering anyway. One of the things we had to coordinate was getting Molly to and from Kenzie's Get Air birthday party. Thankfully, Grandma was all over that. Such a relief. We loved this game, minus the annoying whistling guy behind us. I wanted to murder him. We had fun together though. Devan is always fun to talk to at the games and Brad showed up near the end of this one. Jack and Molly and I did lots of AI trivia. Pretty fun. And we remembered snacks! 3-20-26
Things were crazy trying to make this game happen- our attending and cheering anyway. One of the things we had to coordinate was getting Molly to and from Kenzie's Get Air birthday party. Thankfully, Grandma was all over that. Such a relief. We loved this game, minus the annoying whistling guy behind us. I wanted to murder him. We had fun together though. Devan is always fun to talk to at the games and Brad showed up near the end of this one. Jack and Molly and I did lots of AI trivia. Pretty fun. And we remembered snacks! 3-20-26
CHAIR SOCCER WITH THE HATCHES
The Hatches shared their first day here with us- we all went and played Chair Soccer at the church. It was difficult getting into the building with the new key situation, and with Nate being released, we weren't able to get in with the app because we didn't reserve it soon enough. But Bro. Schiess kindly opeened the building for us. Grandpa thought that was pretty rude of me to make him do that. But we had fun! Good times with the Hatches! Too bad they don't live closer. 3-21-26
The Hatches shared their first day here with us- we all went and played Chair Soccer at the church. It was difficult getting into the building with the new key situation, and with Nate being released, we weren't able to get in with the app because we didn't reserve it soon enough. But Bro. Schiess kindly opeened the building for us. Grandpa thought that was pretty rude of me to make him do that. But we had fun! Good times with the Hatches! Too bad they don't live closer. 3-21-26
LAST WARD CONFERENCE
We had Creekview ward conference today. I had to do the closing section. I think it went pretty well. I was happy I thought to read the part from Luke's letter that I loved. He was talking about how he only knows a little bit of Spanish, but what he does know he was able to say to someone and felt the spirit so strongly. I got to have a kid who was just recently called to a spanish speaking mission and is learning Spanish. So that was fun. Joe didn't take near as long as I thought he was going to, but we ended on time. And we're DONE! 3-22-26
LUNCH WITH ANNIE
I love going to lunch with Annie- She is the best!! We just see things so much the same, it's nice. I love her!! 3-23-26
I love going to lunch with Annie- She is the best!! We just see things so much the same, it's nice. I love her!! 3-23-26
TEMPLE
Nate and I got to go to the temple with Brent and Sarah and the Ritchies and Kelly and Devan also came. So awesome! Sister Ritchie is my favorite. It was so nice.
Nate and I got to go to the temple with Brent and Sarah and the Ritchies and Kelly and Devan also came. So awesome! Sister Ritchie is my favorite. It was so nice.
3-26-26
LUNCH WITH AMBER
We finally made this happen. Went to Zupas and had a great time talking!! I could totally hang out with her more!! SO fun. 3-26-26
We finally made this happen. Went to Zupas and had a great time talking!! I could totally hang out with her more!! SO fun. 3-26-26
FIRST GRADE ASSEMBLY- SADIE
Sadie was REALLY looking forward to this and picked her favorite outfit. She looked so cute and sang so well! It was fun to see her get into some of the songs a lot. This is our last 1st grade program! Hard to believe. We are so proud of Sadie, though and glad we go to celebrate her. We went to Dairy Queen after :). 3-26-26
Sadie was REALLY looking forward to this and picked her favorite outfit. She looked so cute and sang so well! It was fun to see her get into some of the songs a lot. This is our last 1st grade program! Hard to believe. We are so proud of Sadie, though and glad we go to celebrate her. We went to Dairy Queen after :). 3-26-26
MINISTERING LUNCH
I got all new people and partner and so we had a little lunch with a bunch of them, Melissa Giatras, Rhonda Naylor at Kris Pederson's house. It was good, but also not. But it went just fine. I need to get to know Rhonda. 3-27-26
I got all new people and partner and so we had a little lunch with a bunch of them, Melissa Giatras, Rhonda Naylor at Kris Pederson's house. It was good, but also not. But it went just fine. I need to get to know Rhonda. 3-27-26
DECATHLONG TRYOUTS
I brought Erika and Brad with me and we went to the school and ran some of the events for the Decathlon tryouts. It was so much fun! Molly will definitely make it. 3-27-26
I brought Erika and Brad with me and we went to the school and ran some of the events for the Decathlon tryouts. It was so much fun! Molly will definitely make it. 3-27-26
IZZY'S BAPTISM
This was a really fun event for everyone. Most of us got to go. It was just Izzy, so everything was done by the family. Brent gave a nice talk and we go to see Alyssa, Porter and Heidi and met Heidi's new husband, Joe. Izzy seemed to like the 8 cake I made her. It was a LOT of fun and SOOOOO EASY!! We had to say goodbye to the Hatches after, which was pretty sad. We really need to plan a trip to Oregon soon. 3-28-26
SPRING BREAK!!
We had a fun break this year. The perfect mix of fun and relaxing. Monday we went to the D.I. and got Book of Mormons to paint for FHE. This was a REALLY fun activity!! Everyone's looked so cool! I have Sand Volleyball on my calendar, but I really don't remember doing that. Nobody can confirm it for me. 3-30-26
We had a fun break this year. The perfect mix of fun and relaxing. Monday we went to the D.I. and got Book of Mormons to paint for FHE. This was a REALLY fun activity!! Everyone's looked so cool! I have Sand Volleyball on my calendar, but I really don't remember doing that. Nobody can confirm it for me. 3-30-26
LINDON TEMPLE OPEN HOUSE
We got most of us out and down to Lindon for the temple open house! This was kind of last minute, but I was so happy we made it work. We stopped at Smoked Taco for lunch. SO yummy. 3-31-26
We got most of us out and down to Lindon for the temple open house! This was kind of last minute, but I was so happy we made it work. We stopped at Smoked Taco for lunch. SO yummy. 3-31-26
No comments:
Post a Comment