here's all the grandkids and a few from Malisa's Mom's side, of course Noah started crying and didn't end up in the professional one :(
Saturday was a big day for the Maynes Family. Especially after getting home at only 2:00 in the morning from the Manti Pageant, 7 AM came all too quickly. But we were excited to go to Malisa (Nate's brother's daugther) and Joe's sealing. So we got everyone all dressed up and headed down to the Salt Lake Temple. I LOVE going to sealings in that temple. It just brings back so many memories from our wedding day. It's just neat to go to any sealing though. Being reminded of everything and feeling the Spirit there. It was a really neat ceremony. The picture time was not my favorite. It was raining and Luke was freaking out about the rain, and we of course were unprepared (no jackets or anything) since the sun was nice and shiny when we left Bountiful that morning. We borrowed some umbrellas until the family pictures were done and then we were out of there.
We then had a little time to kill so we went and bought the kids some sunglasses at All A Dollar. Bradley's been begging me to let him buy some there ever since Chris let him use his back on Thursday. He was thrilled, and everyone couldn't stop talking about the ones that looked like Chris' and the ones that looked like Stephanie's. They are obsessed. Cracks me up.
Then we had the Luncheon which was really nicely done by Joe's family. I thought the food was amazing! They had this really yummy dutch oven Blueberry cobbler, but it tasted like it had cheesecake in it..... SO yummy!
Then we ran a few errands, I ran into a few stores looking for some new maternity clothes.... mine are just old and I think they all shrank or something because they don't fit me all that well anymore..... (yeah, that's the excuse I'm using for now). The kids all slept in the car (and I did too for a little while). Then we went to the reception. I can't even describe how well Ali and everyone did on that place.... it looked AMAZING!! Ali's good at making things really nice and really original.... I like that. It was beautiful. They had a cute little candy buffet as well, that my kids took full advantage of once Nate gave the go ahead. It was a nice reception.
here's the cute couple- I think they make the CUTEST couple
noah loved the candy buffet and was happy the kids kept bringing more over to our table :)
this is the cutest thing ever! when they opened up the dance floor to everyone, my sweet little gentleman, Bradley went over and asked his Grandma to dance. It was so cute!!! What a fun, cute Grandma too, I LOVE this picture!
My girls spent most of the evening on the dance floor, and this was at the end after the official dances. Cute Malisa is all about entertaining her neices. It's cute how much they love the bride.... I think it's the dress, but they just seem so enthralled when there's a bride in the room.... like Cinderella at Disneyland :)
Then we headed on home. We would have gotten home a lot sooner if I hadn't forgotten to get Nate's father's day stuff. EVERY YEAR I tell myself how simple it is for me to shop for Father's Day since the kids and I are at the store so much while Nate's at work, but EVERY YEAR for some reason, I put it off! Lots of times it's because of the money, or because I"m not 100% sure what i want to get him. This time it was because I needed to have a large, empty vehicle to get the gift I had really wanted to get. So I guess I have a better excuse this year, but regardless, we made Nate sit in the car while we all went in and picked out presents. Since I couldn't get what I wanted (and will be getting it for his bday instead), I decided to let the kids all pick out something that they thought Daddy would want. It was interesting :) I had to fight the urge to not turn down their ideas. I have my ideas of what Nate would want, they have theirs. They're not usually the same, but I really wanted their gifts to come from them, so I resisted. Kelly knew exactly what she wanted. She wanted to get him some new work clothes. She found some pants right away, but the shirt was a tough one. She really didn't like any of them. And if anyone suggested any (which happened a LOT) she would refuse. Finally we found some white shirts that he could wear to work OR church, and since "he could wear that TOMORROW" it was a winner. Then we walked around the sports and garden sections for a while.... I found a nice little set of Bocce (it's a game that Nate played on his mission) and thought that would be perfect from Noah (no thought from him necessary :)) and while we were in that department Luke found the perfect frisbee horshoe game for Nate. He was set on it and carried it around with him for quite a while as Charity and Brad took forever making up their minds. Charity had wanted to look at the games and even though I had been avoiding the toy department like the plague.... I slipped up and walked right past the Thomas Train Sets. Luke caught a glimpse of them, dropped the game that had been wrapped up in his arms for the last 10 minutes and was sold on the train set..... for Daddy of course. I thought maybe I could talk him back into his game, so I just put it in the cart and moved on. Well, my plan did not work. Luke was set on the train set, and I was done (sore feet, tired kids, back aches.... you know). So I let him keep the train for Daddy and then I made the rule that nobody could change their minds. Bradley then realizing what a cool present the frisbee game was, decided that that was going to be his gift. Not long after though, he saw a bumblebee (kid) game and wanted that really bad. Unfortunately the girls were sticklers for the new rule and I had to enforce it. He was bummed, but decided that Daddy could just get him that bumblebee game for HIS birthday! fine. So Charity was the slow one. It took a long time for her to finally settle on getting him a "pillow and blanket". It seemed like a.... different idea--for Nate, but like I said, I wanted it to be from them. We did manage to find one of the comfort foam ones like Nate had had before we ditched everything in Alaska, so that was perfect, and then she found "the softest blanket she could find" for him as well. We were done!!! Finally relieved Nate from the car nap with Noah, and headed home.
It had been such a long day- mainly because of the late night- but a really enjoyable one as well. The kids totally crashed when we got home..... I do love that!
1 comment:
oh, thanks for posting all the fun wedding pics, I hated that I didn't get to be there. Of course they took a kids pic after I left. Mom loved dancing with Bradley, she told me about it :) You guys are always so creative on holidays, I swear next year I am copying you--kids pick usually but I often interfer, but I am definately do the Daddy Kiss Song thing!!
Post a Comment