The girls still put on little "performances" for us all the time, but lately they've gotten pretty elaborate. They need to have refreshments, bathroom passes, drink tickets, you name it, to make it more thrilling I guess. So Friday night we broke out the strawberries and melted some chocolate chips for dipping. It's messy, and it's really not a kid treat, but my new friend in teh ward said something that I thought was cool. She was talking about how we as parents sometimes give our kids the lame stuff and save the best for ourselves. (when we were having a bbq at their house, her husband wanted to give the kids the store bought ice cream so that he didn't have to waste the homemade vanilla ice cream on people who wouldn't really appreciate it-- which I must say, ice cream made with real vanilla beans is INCREDIBLE!!!) She said that her parents never did that to her as a kid and she didn't like doing it to her kids. Nate and I are always so quick to save the best for us for after the kids are in bed. So lately I've been trying to share the cool adult treats with the kids every once in a while (not all the time, and not everything....some stuff they just wouldn't like anyway!). This was one of those times. So we all ate and watched the show.
Noah's funny because he only uses one strawberry and just keeps double and triple dipping it in the chocolate and then half of the chocolate ends up all over his face!
2 comments:
So cute!
Your kids are so cute.
Post a Comment