1. I figured out what kind of stitch Nana was using on the blanket for my baby girl. I'm so excited!!! It's fairly easy too, so it will be just slightly looser, since it's probably not the same size hook, but it will look almost the same I think. I'm happy about it :) Hopefully I can get it done in time for her blessing :)
2. Monday I had my OB/GYN visit. I had had some concerns, so they actually did an unexpected ultrasound, and Charity was with me, so it was pretty fun. Dr. Thackeray was so nice to humor Charity and all her questions and requests of things to see :) He even gave her a copy of some of the pictures of our baby girl's face. And yes, she still looks like a girl! It was just a fun little time for me and two of my little girls. Too bad Kelly missed it.
3. Monday night we all went to see the Joseph Smith movie at the JSMB. I LOVED it!!! The kids thought it was a little scary, but overall enjoyed it too. Bradley had lots of questions, and even Luke asked me why they were sad a few times. Charity was into it, but at the end asked, "Why didn't Joseph Smith just bless his kids and make them better instead of letting them die?" Good question. It was interesting to explain to my 7-year old that that was not what the Lord wanted. And how the Priesthood works. I enjoy those questions though, and I'm so glad that she will ask. She's got lots of thought provoking questions in her. I did love the chance to be reminded of all that the early Saints, especially Joseph and Emma, went through. I really have to say though that I have a hard time with how Emma is portrayed in almost every movie I have ever seen. Not that I have any deep knowledge, or authority to say so, but I feel like they always make her too skeptical and with too little faith. I cannot imagine going through what she did. I just about died during the part when they are burying their first born. My heart just ached for them. That would be awful. I hope I never know what it feels like to bury a child. Anyway, it was a fun FHE. Noah and Luke could have been a little less wrestless, but seriously, what could we expect :)
4. I got to hold Stephanie and Chris's new baby girl. She's adorable! Makes me totally baby hungry (which is a good thing), but we only have like 6 more weeks, so it's all good.
5. On Wednesday, Nate brought home M&Ms from the store. Need I say more.
2 comments:
You mentioned that you had concerns with the baby. Did the Ultrasound find everything okay?
Natalie- you're so sweet.... yes, everything was fabulous. I kind of felt like I might be leaking fluid.... not the case, my measurements were right on for all of the pockets that he measured. And thankfully I don't have any kind of infection either which would then have been the concern with the leaking..... but yes, everything looks great as always... somehow the Lord sees fit to bless me even though I'm such a stinker. Thanks for asking :)
Post a Comment