Nate and I trade off with the planning of Valentine's Day and our Anniversary. This year was my year to plan V-day. As usual I had HUGE plans, really extravagant ideas, and way more things to do than can really be done by a couple with 6 kids. But as usual, I slacked off and didn't do any of the preparation for most of the ideas and ended up with basically nothing. In my defense most of it was ruined with the fact that we didn't have a sitter, but still.... I really needed to plan ahead more. I was really consumed with Charity's class party up until Friday and then I think my body was still coming out of the shock from it after that. Either way we had a nice Valentine's day. Very relaxed. We ended up taking the kids out with us on Saturday night for some pizza at our new favorite pizza place Fire House Pizza here in Centerville. I was amazed to watch my five little kids put away a whole large pizza in less than ten minutes!!! We thought for some reason we would have a lot leftover from the 3 pizzas we got, but no, we went home with only 2 measely slices. Kinda funny. (Steve was with us too, I should mention, so it wasn't like Nate and I ate 2 pizzas ourselves. They were mediums and the kids ate some of those too..... anwyay) We had to have some of their yummy FH'zookies afterward as well. If you haven't had one of those, they are TO DIE FOR!!! SO delicious! We gobbled those up pretty quick too. Pigs. Then we watched a movie together after getting the kids all in bed. That's as good as a date if you ask me. Nate surprised me with flowers and a gift on my pillow that night. SO sweet! Then Sunday morning Nate made breakfast AND dinner before church. (I realized tonight at the store that I haven't really cooked dinner in a while..... too long in fact) He makes an amazing roast, and topped it off with mashed potatoes. We headed out to Nate's parents' house for the family meeting after church. When we got home and Nate was putting kids in bed, I realized that my idea to do 12 days of Valentine's for him didn't need to be ruined, and instead I STARTED the 12 days ON Valentine's day.... kind of weird, but who cares. I think Nate will like it regardless :) So far it's just been treats, but I have big plans for some of the other days :) It was a nice Valentine's. I don't think Nate will have to do much to out do me this year for our Anniversary though :) Should be pretty easy :)....
I hope you all had a very nice Valentine's. I love that day, and love thinking about those I love. I finally remembered to stick everyone in front of the camera in our nice Sunday clothes this time. I was glad about that. Here are 2 of the three we took using the timer on my camera and propping my camera on the back of my Dad's couch..... I think they turned out pretty good considering-
You can see all the hearts from the girls' "heart attack" on Grandpa and Steve.
this one's my favorite. If only we had turned Erika around :(
No comments:
Post a Comment