"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Whole Nine Years!

108 months of marriage
94 months of crazy hormones spent pregnant or nursing
(I think Nate deserves the most credit for this one)

228 weeks of pregnancy

25 hours of labor (for 1 kid)

6 first times tearing up about holding each beautiful new baby together

6 different homes

7 different vehicles

2 out-of-state moves

12 weeks away from each other
9 different employers

8 surgeries

11 hospitalizations

1 ride in an ambulance (and it wasn't as cool as I had hoped it would be)

4 deaths in the family

3 years of college

8 first days of school

65 well-child Dr. visits

11,731 pictures (not counting all the deleted ones :))

42 Birthdays

at least 400 Family home evenings

25 talks in church

18 callings

4 cameras

7seasons of 24
16 feet
80 toes
1 forgiving husband
1 lucky wife
and
8 happy people
I don't think that back on that Tuesday, 9 years ago today, that we could have ever imagined our lives to be this full. I'm happy it was though, and that we've made it through alive. There have definitely been some ups and some downs, but we've been through them together and been made stronger. I love Nate more than life itself. It blows my mind how much my love for him has changed and grown over the last 9 years. I never could have imagined I'd love someone as much as I love him. I can't wait to see what the next 9 bring..... and eternity after that....
I love you, Nate!!
Happy Anniversary!
and just for me 3285 days that I could say the words "my husband"
(Before I got married, I LONGED to be able to say those words. And I'll never forget how excited I was to say 'I'm waiting for my husband' to the valet guy while Nate ran into the hotel for a minute..... it made me smile then and still does. Maybe it's just because I'm married to Nate..... who knows :) )

4 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, have you been keeping a running tally, or did you have too much free time this week?? Congrats on the anniversary, it's nice to have your family even when everything around you may be crazy.

DottieLou said...

what a cute post... Congratulations

*Ashleigh* said...

Aw! I think it's so cute to break down all the numbers like that! What a fun idea! and happy anniversary!

Meredith said...

You have had a busy nine years! (and I mean that any way you can think of!)Congrats on nine years! Mike and I will be at 13 this June. Time flies when you're having fun!