"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Journaling

-0 Nate and the boys went to our new ward's Father and Sons Campout last night!  They were all SO EXCITED for the campout.  I LOVED listening to Noah talk about how much fun it was going to be and counting down.  They were so cute about it.  Nate even, couldn't stop making plans and thinking things over for what they would need and stuff.  It was looking a little cloudy while they were getting ready to go, so we knew there was a possibility of it raining, but I don't think they were prepared for how much rain they would actually encounter!  They said it rained all but 2 hours.  Everything was soaking wet!  But they still had a great time.  I love hearing about it all.  Bradley got to shoot a gun for the first time.  Didn't love the kick back, but he still talked about it like it was cool.  I was grateful for something for them to spend time with our new ward.  I think it was a positive experience for everyone.

While the boys were camping, the girls and I (and our honorary girl, Jack) had a "big party"!  Actually, Kelly had been invited to a birthday party so she was gone and then I let Charity invite 6 friends over.  So we called it a "big party" to Erika to get her psyched up for it.  I think she was somewhat disappointed with the turn out.  She asked me when the rest of the people were coming (as if 6 loud little preteen girls weren't enough ;)), and when I said that they were all here, she said, "Oh, so it's a small party then."  Not what she had hoped for.  But we tried to recover.  She and I played the Cupcake game, made cookies, ate candy, watched movies, even played babies for an hour, and so I think we had enough fun :).  Jack was pleasant as well.  So we all had a good time.  We spent a little time unpacking my room as well... it's kind of been on the back burner with all the other rooms needing to be done first.  It was a pretty fun evening I thought.  And Charity seemed to have a good time with her new friends.  They spent most of their time out in the rain... they seemed happy.  5-17-13

- Kelly finally has her kitty!  Plus one!  Not sure how, but we ended up with 2 kittens today!  They seem very playful and everyone is all very excited about them.  We'll see how it all pans out with the allergies, and the litter box.  But it's fun to see my Kelly happy :).  5-18-13


No comments: