It's killing me to not put my pictures on here. I tried uploading them directly from my camera and it won't let me upload a bulk amount, I have to do them one at a time and considering I've taken 834 pictures since the last time I was able to post them, I thought that might be a little too time consuming (who am I kidding that would drive me NUTS!).
I'm frustrated.
Hopefully I can get up to my Dad's eventually and use his computer soon.
I keep saying that.
But until then....
My Mother's Day was so amazing this year! I LOVED IT!! I always look forward to Mother's Day just because I'm so proud of the fact that I am a Mother, and so grateful for the blessing it is, but then when it comes, I'm always blown away by how Nate and the kids just go all out to make it my day and spoil me! Makes the anticipation all worth it :). No unmet expectations, it's just fabulous!
So this year, I woke up a little early, but felt that Nate's spot was empty and could smell the bacon cooking, so I just laid in bed, with a smile on my face, waiting for the day to begin :). (usually there's a note or something telling me not to get up, but I figured they'd just assumed I'd stay :) )
Then the kids and Nate all came upstairs (to my beloved bedroom- have I mentioned how much I LOVE my new bedroom!! It's so amazing! It's just more than I could have ever asked for), sang "Happy Mother's Day" to me, and then gave me a plate of some fabulous eggs, bacon, sausage, and toast. It was like the Denny's Grand Slam times 10!!! Nate had given me a little extra so that I could share :) he thinks of everything! So I ate, they had bites, an we all just were happy, it was lovely.
After I ate, one by one, they all showered me with thoughtful gifts and cards. There were so many sweet gifts! I'm not sure I can list them ALL from memory... maybe I should consult my gift bags. They wrote the sweetest cards, and said so many things that just made my heart skip. They were so thoughtful! They are always thoughtful, but they went all out for me this year. I loved it. I'm thinking of making a book of all the cards and letters they give me on Mother's Day. I don't know if I can round up past years, but I guess I could just start now. Anyway- they were so kind to me. I'm not sure how I got such great kids, but I did. I'm just so thankful for them. I don't know what I would do wihtout them in my life. They mean everything to me.
So we got up and got ready for Church. We were a little late, but not too bad. I sat with Erika and Noah for a few minutes in Erika's class (the men were all subbing for the women so nobody had the same teachers they'd had the week before... it was a little tricky to get them to go to class). Then Nate took over and I was able to go to Relief Society. They did a quick little lesson (just a couple minutes that I saw) and then they opened up the gym and had a huge spread of Breakfast foods! I couldn't believe how much food they had. It was amazing! Lots of fruit too, which is what I mostly ate, I was still pretty full from my breakfast in bed. But it was such a cool thing, everyone just sat around visiting and eating. One of the ladies, whom I'd been sitting by, Anna, kind of took it upon herself to introduce me to everyone. That was really cool, we just walked around meeting people for the first few minutes. I loved it. I felt so welcome. Everyone was so nice. Another lady (can't remember her name, unfortunately) came and "stole" Jack so that I could eat, and then he got passed around from lady to lady... we were both just so loved! It was so fun. I really REALLY love our new ward. It's such a relief to feel so welcome and to feel so much fellowship. I think we needed that. I've really enjoyed the lessons I've heard in this ward. I feel like the Spirit is so strong and I have just been so pleased with the feeling in this ward. It's amazing.
So then I went to Sunday School by myself because Nate had ended up going to Primary with the kids... poor Nate couldn't peel them away... and then Sacrament was really nice. It was a good Sunday. They had had a candy buffet at the breakfast, and I thought that was probably the "Mother's Day gifts" but nope, they still had another little goodie as we walked out of the chapel. So cool. I felt spoiled :).
The evening was heavenly as well. We got to just relax at home the. whole. day. I LOVED it!!! We did go on a little walk around our neighborhood in the evening and really enjoyed that. I'm so grateful for this neighborhood, for our new home, and for the great feeling I have here. It's just such a comforting feeling.
I feel a little guilty that we didn't go see Nate's OR my Mom. Nate's was in California, so I guess that wasn't possible, but my Mom was kind of lonely I guess... oops. I was just so happy to be able to stay home, I didn't even think about anyone else. So maybe next year.
It was a nice day. Thanks to Nate and my sweet seven little dwarfs :) (who will only be dwarfs for a few more years I'm sure, Bradley's creeping up on my 5'4" already!)
No comments:
Post a Comment