"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
BOOT Camp 2014
I was privileged to go to Girl's Camp this year!! My dream has come true :). It had been so long! We had such a great time! The highlight of course being that my favorite little Charity was there with me. I wish I would have posted about it right when I got home, sharing every last detail and rambling on forever, but alas, I have neglected my blog! I am about three weeks behind all of a sudden. So I will just keep it simple. The theme was "BOOT CAMP" (Building On Our Testimonies), it was Stake camp. The Stake did a FANTASTIC job on the whole thing, every speaker was spot on and every activity was just perfect. The food was amazing. It was so nice. I loved spending the time with the Young Women. I felt like I was able to get to know them all a little better. I didn't even know some of the Laurels before now, so it was a lot of fun to watch them put Charity up on a pedestal and treat her like the Queen of the World. They really made her feel special. I was really impressed with how much love the older girls showed the younger ones. They really just took them under their wings. Made me so happy! I don't remember being quite that cool when I was their age. I didn't love the ropes course, surprisingly, it was not as well done as I'd hoped. I think our group got ripped off. It's all good though, no hard feelings. Luckily we made up for it during the rest of the week. I LOVED the day at the lake. That was probably my favorite part. I enjoyed spending time with everyone and just having fun. Being tipped over in the canoe was probably the coolest moment there. Took me back to my days with Andrea :). Seeing Saturn was pretty awesome. I really liked when a couple of the girls and I went and played Volleyball- that was a lot of fun even though it was short lived and ended with Charity breaking her finger. I liked the song that we sang every morning, Come Unto Christ. And of course, my very most favorite part of the whole week was testimony night. Such a cool Spirit that can only accompany Girls camp. I miss that. I'm so glad I got to be part of it all. Thanks to Nate, Kelly, Heidi and my Mom, I was able to go for the whole time. It really meant a lot to me, so I'm grateful it was possible. Favorite line: "Why do you smell so bad?" Hilarious. 7-30-14--8-2-14
Sadly, this is the only picture I took of Girls Camp! My camera was full so much this summer and required so much deleting, I just didn't get many pictures... kinda bums me out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment