Nate's birthday was Friday. He had to work from 6:00am -2:00pm and then again from 10:00pm -6:00am. So you can imagine how bummed we were that we weren't going to have the whole day with him! However, the kids and I planned long and hard to be sure things were perfect for him. We decorated the house in the morning, for him to see when he came home. Kelly slaved over a cute sign and taped it to the door with streamers, and Brad, Luke (my official Clash of Clan experts) and I fussed over his Clash of Clans cake. We were finally able to get our hands on an ice cream maker (plan B from the original). He came home very surprised and happy to be with us. We finished his cake and then let him open his present and read cute homemade cards from the kids. After that, we went to Red Lobster for dinner. We ran into Dan right when we walked in. I was nervous that Nate would think this was a surprise party and there would be more people there. Then I felt bad that I didn't think of doing that :). But it was all good. The kids (and Dan actually) told the waitress that it was Nate's birthday and so they sang to him and put a candle in his cheesecake :). We all loved it :). We came home, made some delicious homemade ice cream and ate it with the cake. Brad and Noah put on a little show for him, and Nate was able to relax a little before the mid. I purposely didn't plan a party because I didn't want him to be worn out or feel to tired, but I'm of course regretting that. I think he still had a nice birthday. I surprised him with his Jazz blanket just before he left for the mid. I've been doing the soft blankets for everyone's birthday- couldn't leave him out! He took it with him and said he "slept better than he's slept in a very long time!" I'm pretty sure it was the blanket. I hope he had a nice day. 7-25-14
my only regret with this cake was not giving myself enough time. It was going to be really spectacular. We were able to do some cool things, and I must say it was a LOT of fun to have the company of my cute boys and their helping hands! in the process. Jack decided to attack his clan right after I finished making it, hence the big claw marks on the corner... silly Jack.
Out of breath after blowing out all those candles! He's SO OLD! HA :). I'm kidding.
No comments:
Post a Comment