KELLY'S LAST TALK
Kelly had her last Sunday in Primary today and as a last harrah, she got to give a talk too! She wrote her talk all on her own the day before. Made us very proud. I think she has such a strong little testimony. It's incredible to witness. She did a great job. I don't know anyone who is more excited to escape Primary though :). She is very anxious to move on. 5-31-15
KELLY'S INTERVIEW
Kelly got to have her first Temple recommend interview as well today. It was so fun to see the look on her face when she walked out of the Bishop's office with that Temple recommend in hand. She's very excited to experience the temple as well! I can't wait to take her! This will be so neat. I can't believe she's already 12! 5-31-15
PERSONAL PROGRESS
Michelle and I did our official YW orientation for Kelly today- and she got started on her Personal Progress as soon as Michelle left! She's already passed off seven requirements! Amazing. She's made it her mission to be the youngest YW to receive her medallion. Pretty cool if she pulls it off. 5-31-15
JOURNALING
We did our journal entries tonight for the first time in a long time. I had the kids write about their favorite memory with a grandparent. It was really neat to hear what stands out to them! I want to send copies to their grandparents :). Kinda cool. 5-31-15
WALMART
Can I just say how much I hate going to Walmart. I went yesterday and thought I was going to die by the time I was done. I wasn't even there that long. This happens EVERY TIME I go there when I am pregnant. I distinctly remember a trip while I was pregnant with Jack where Nate had to go get me some food from McD's before I puked or passed out- it was bizarre. There is something in the air there... not sure what it is yet, but I hate it! I was sweating, couldn't remember any of the stuff I was planning on getting and looking at, and didn't want to spend another minute there to figure out what else I needed. It was bad. 6-1-15
SATAN
Nate had the lesson this week. He taught about our opponent, satan, and some of his "lures" and "traps" that he uses to catch us and trick us into sinning. It was a great lesson- everyone was focused and participated- it was great. I hope they get it. Brad chose 4-square for the activity and Kelly had yummy ice cream bars for the treat. We're getting better at being good sports with the 4-square... not perfect, but better! 6-1-15
KELLY TO THE TEMPLE
Kelly was able to get a temple recommend from the Bishop on Sunday so that she could go to the temple ON her birthday! She was so excited to go- she agreed to go at 5:00 in the morning!! Talk about a sacrifice! On her birthday even. I was pretty proud of her. I think she had a great experience. All of the cute old men were so sweet to her when they found out it was her first time- one even offered her a "temple mint" :). So cute. She was VIP for sure. It wasn't too crowded. It was such a nice time to spend with her there, just she and I. This is one of those things that I've looked forward to ever since I went for the first time. These are the paychecks of Mommyhood. Seriously, there's no greater joy that having a daughter who is worthy and willing to go to the House of the Lord and serve. I'm so proud of her. I think she had a good time. 6-2-15
SPLASH PAD FIELD TRIP
Bradley got to go to the Splash Pad on a field trip. They'd had to reschedule because of rain (what else is new) so it was much anticipated. Sounded like it was a lot of fun. He got fried though and from what I've heard it was because he was off playing football with his shirt off :). Showing off for the ladies no doubt. I'm kidding. 6-2-15
FIELD DAY
This was not my favorite field day. In fact of the six (not counting kindergarten ones) this was my LEAST FAVORITE. I'm still a little mad about it and it's been half a week. I sign up every year to help with Field day. It's one of my "things" that I do (I know I'm a creature of habit and I am very set in my ways- I'm okay with that). So I KNOW I signed up. Plus I got an email a few weeks ago about it and replied and had it on my calendar that I was going to go help at 12:30 pm. So anyway. I showed up and they had no record of me signing up and therefore had not assigned me to a station. At first I was just annoyed but then I thought about the couple of emails I'd received and maybe even a phone call stating that they needed more volunteers for field day, so I thought I'd be in the clear and things would work out. Well, unfortunately, she looked through her list and decided to put me at the drink station. The tent with coolers and cups for the kids to stay hydrated with. Not the most exciting station, but I actually was okay with it. We sat around for about 20 minutes, Jack, Erika and I, because we'd come early to help set up- that was dumb- and then made our way out to the drink station. Well, when I got out there, this woman and her daughter were sitting down in the only two chairs at the station. I introduced myself to them and said that I was working that station too and they immediately began explaining to me how they did not need another person there, there wasn't even another place for me to sit, I would be better off taking my little kids home for a nap, and that I would "still get credit for helping since I'd shown up". Ugh. I was SO irritated!!! I wasn't there to "get credit"!!!! I wanted to be in on the fun of one of the last days of school and watch my kids run around having the time of their lives in their element, with their friends. That's why I love field day. I was even willing to sit at the dumb drink station just to witness it all. So basically that woman kicked me out of the only station left to help in. At that time Nate showed up from work and we walked around asking if we could help anyone. This school's PTA is SO VERY DIFFERENT from Holbrook's. I know I should be done comparing the two, it's been two years, but it's so hard for me that people would turn away viable help! At Holbrook it was like- the more the merrier- let's just sit and visit even if we don't need the help!- so this was shocking. I felt like the kid looking for a place to sit on the bus and everyone telling me their seat was saved. I even cried. The hormones, heat, and lack of lunch probably get more credit for that than anything, but I was nonetheless. Not proud of it, just emphasizing how sad I was! We eventually left. Erika cried in the car too because I'd built the whole thing up to her too. We ended up at the closed snow cone shack and then Dairy Queen to ice cream our woes away. I know this was all selfish. I don't go because I think my kids want me there, in fact Kelly's response to us needing to leave because there wasn't anywhere to help was "K, BYE!" SO I KNOW it's all about me. But it's one of the paychecks of being a mom in my mind. It's one of the rewards of a long hard school year for me too! It's one of the things that I have and plan to do EVERY YEAR just because I do it EVERY YEAR!!! Yes, I'm still depressed about it. I'll get over it some day. 6-3-15
NOAH THE SECOND BASEMAN
Noah got to play second base at his game this week! What a fantastic second baseman he was!!! He managed to get two guys out during the game. So cool!! I think he felt like a star. 6-3-15
TIE DYE SHIRTS
So the Beehives were in charge of organizing the Tie Dying activity for our camp shirts. I ended up doing most of it by choice (I am so lazy lately I'm failing at the Come Follow Me and Letting them Lead stuff). It turned out okay but I ran around like a crazy person thanks to the stupid cheap dye we got. I think that's a good place to splurge next time. The dye said it was enough for (3 kits together) 76 projects! So 30 shirts should have been totally doable. We totally ran out of all the colors way sooner than expected. So kind of a pain. But anyway. I kept them here and rinsed them out for them the next day. I've been washing and drying some of them and passing out others to the girls that can wash their own. It's been a big project. I'm not sure it's worth the trouble for something like this. Might have been easier to order some with our ward on it or something... I don't know. Some people seemed to enjoy it though- so maybe it's fine. 6-3-15
27 WEEKS
I'll do this post a day early since I went to the Doctor on Friday. Things looked good- I'm measuring right on, and even though it took a while for her to settle down long enough to get a heartbeat, she was right up there at 150 bpm so right on track. She sure is a wiggle worm. I don't know if I've mentioned that. The visit and struggle to get a heartbeat was proof :). She just rolls and tumbles around. It's pretty cute. Reminds me of Jack Jack. She is still small so it's not painful yet, I mostly just enjoy the reminder that she's alive and kicking :). I hope she keeps it up, just for my peace of mind. I got out of the pee strip for the second visit in a row because I didn't need to pee (which just sounds crazy considering I have to pee a million times every night- maybe I need to rethink my drinking schedule (or just think it, since I don't really have one)). Now I'm stressing that we're going to miss some red flag or something... not likely, but worrying is my middle name when I'm pregnant. My pubic bone is starting to fire off random bursts of pain. Usually only when I have a full bladder, but I sense that the last month/s of this pregnancy might be like the last. With my pelvic bone separating and such... I'd like to think it won't happen again, but all signs point in that direction. So we'll see. Anyway. I have my glucose test at my next visit- hopefully that goes as usual. See, I'm already worried about that and I've NEVER had a problem in the past. Duh. Sounds like I need a hobby. We do need to get started on some gifts for this baby girl. Erika is still working on her blanket and I have plans to do a cute bracelet, wipes case, blanket, and possibly some crocheted shoes... we'll see what this summer brings as far as free time goes- hopefully we can make it work :). Here's to another week! Only 12 more to go! 6-5-15
BECKY AND DARREN and NOAH'S BASEBALL INJURY
We finally planned a day for Becky and Darren to come up and hang out. They weren't able to get here until just before Noah's game, so we all went over to Pond's Park for his game. He played a GREAT game, which was good because we had not only the Becksteads there, but Grandpa Hatch showed up too! Poor Noah did get hit by one of the crappy pitches (took them 3/4 of the game to realize the pitcher wasn't lined up right), right in the ring fingernail but toughed it out, still hit the ball and made it to 1st base like a pro! We were all so amazed and so proud of him, since we could see how much that must have hurt. It wasn't til later that he came over and shed a few tears over his PURPLE fingernail! He still toughed it out and played outfield and then went up to bat a couple more times as well. Hitting another first base hit- but getting out even though the tie is supposed to go to the runner. It was a pretty exciting game as you can imagine with all the cheering from his fans. We headed back home for some ribs and a few card games. It was a lot of fun to hang out with them. It's been a while. It was nice of them to make the trek out here. We need to get together more often. 6-5-15
KELLY'S WELCOME TO BEEHIVES BREAKFAST
The Beehives, Michelle and I planned to kidnap Kelly Saturday morning and take her to Michelle's for her favorite breakfast, crepes! Unfortunately things didn't really go according to plan- Kelly woke up before all the beehives got here (which isn't surprising considering it was 9:00!!- silly girls). So she came down, then at some point Charity blind folded her with out us. But either way, we took her to Michelle's and had a great time. I really like this and want to make sure we do it for all the new Beehives. I think it's a great way to welcome them into the YW program and Beehive class. I think Kelly liked it.
HEIDI AND JOHN MOVE
After Kelly's breakfast, we hurried up to Heidi and John's place to help move. Nate got there before us and was a big help, I'm sure. I was a complete waste of space and realized when I got there with five more kids that I was actually in the way. Oh well. We got to go see their new place which is pretty incredible especially for a basement apartment. I'm glad they'll have so much space and light... and incredible view! Kelly, Noah, Erika, Jack and I left early so that we could be home in time for Josh's baptism. We were so short on time that I decided to leave dirty little Jack (well, he was sleeping too, until I laid him on the couch- which then lead to a huge meltdown and confirmed the choice I'd made) home with Kelly. So Erika, Noah and I got changed and ran up to the church. It was a really nice baptism. I enjoy baptisms too much I think. The Spirit when they come out of the water, just POURS out. I love that. The confirmation as well. It's so powerful. Nate made it home a few hours later and then left for work. 6-6-15
GRANDMA HATCH'S BIRTHDAY
My Mom's birthday was Saturday and it just felt so weird that we weren't doing anything to celebrate that I suggested we do something. I had no idea what to do, but I thought everyone else could fill in that big blank for me :). And they did! We ended up (after much back and forth and re-planning and changing plans... etc...) going to Zeponie's for some pizza, courtesy of John- so nice- and then Bountiful Park for some wind, thunder, lightning, and playing on the NOW cool playground. My kids loved it and want to go back. It was fun to watch John and Jack bonding. He really couldn't get enough of John, the goodbyes continued for miles after pulling away from the park. I had made some chocolate cupcakes from scratch and (felt like I won the lottery) found a tub of chocolate frosting in the pantry. They unfortunately took not one, but two spills into laps on the way there, so I was surprised everyone still wanted to eat them... I was very forthcoming about their misfortune and everything. Maybe I shouldn't mention this, but our pre-party and post-party parts of the evening stunk. There was way too much fighting and whining and crying and complaining... it was really unmotivating. But once we got there, and STEVE EVEN CAME! I realized and on the way home (even through frustrated kid sound) felt comforted that the reason things were so difficult was because Satan was trying to stop it all from happening or being enjoyed. I really do think it was meant to be. I'm grateful that I didn't give up as I had contemplated several times.
6-6-15
3 comments:
Oh my gosh, I hate going to Walmart! But I feel like we have to since it's so cheap. You know those Rotisserie chickens you can buy there for like 4 bucks? At the Dan's by Leda's house they're 9 bucks! Exact same thing too. Unbelievable.
I could watch John and Jack play together for hours! They are so cute together!
Whenever John and Jack play together, the rest of the night John can't help but repeatedly express how cute Jack is. Everything and anything that Jack does is cute. Love it.
Post a Comment