"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Friday, August 28, 2015

"FWEE!!!"


"FWEE!!!"
I can't believe Jack is three!!  My baby boy is growing up!  Lucky for me, he still seems little :).  He's been milking the baby stage for all it's worth :).  We're glad.  He had a pretty easygoing birthday, since we had celebrated the night before, there wasn't a whole lot on his actual birthday.  I loved watching his big brother and sister (Noah and Erika) making his sign that morning and everyone doing their best to make it a special day for him.  We did have to go visiting teaching... not his favorite part of the day... but then we rewarded ourselves with a delicious churro :).  Jack and I spent a lot of our time reading and cuddling while Erika was at Kate's house.  He doesn't love it when Erika leaves, so we try to make the most of the time.  I think his favorite time of the day was opening all of his presents from his big brothers and sisters that evening.  I wasn't around, we had a fireside for the big girls and I, but Nate took everyone to the dollar store and they all showered Jackie with gifts.  I loved it when I got home from my meeting after the fireside, pretty late at night, he was so excited to show me "my stuff"!  It was so cute.  He loved the claw thing the most.  Slept with it even.  He's such a sweet little guy.  I love him.
Jack has grown up a ton in the last couple months.  Most likely because he's getting a little sister soon- that's how it usually goes- but it's been fun to watch him kind of break out of his little shell.  He's been talking a lot more, loves to play with his little friends on our street, Liam and Will.  He's been way into the toys lately, keeps him busy for hours!  He loves the park, walks, the "driving game" with Daddy, reading books, sleeping in mom's bed, his sister "gah" (he shortened ga-ka to just gah), chips, yellow, bubbles... he's really just a fun, easygoing little guy.  For the most part.  He's very interested in what is going on around him.  He always asks, "What you say?" or "What say?" when we're talking on the phone or through a drive thru.  It's cute.  He is the best cuddler.  Awesome hugs and kisses (even on the lips!).  He's just a fun little boy.  We're so lucky to have him in our lives.
8-25-15

These pictures are actually from the day after- I can't believe I didn't get ANY the day OF!  Bad mom.  But he had a lot of fun with his gifts that morning after, making bubbles and grabbing things with his claw thingy.



Finally got a picture of him doing his "three" with his hands and his sign that Noah and Erika worked so hard on :)


And Kelly surprised him with yet another gift (she had missed out on the shopping trip the night before so she bought him something the next day.  He loves his "pooh".



No comments: