Day 3 brought some fun new adventures. Molly and I got up early, got dressed, and tried to feel like human beings. I was in love with this girl's feet from the minute I laid eyes on them. They are so stinkin cute! And long! Long toes, long and slender, little feet! They're beautiful. Her fingers too. So pretty!
I loved the picture we got of Jack in his little bed with his name behind him... tried to recreate it.
I have always loved how wrinkly they are on the bottom when they first get here :)
Okay, so Nate showed up with Jack Jack that morning. We were able to all hang out together. That was a lot of fun. We went on a little walk through the hallways with him and it was just so fun to get him acquainted with his little sister. He really opened up to the idea of her being ours. I'll never forget the look of surprise when we told him that she was the baby that was in my tummy! He looked back at my tummy like, "Well, who's in there now?" Unfortunately, I'm not the "rubber band" I was back when I had Charity. That's okay though :). Then Jack reached down to his tummy and talked about HIS baby. It was adorable. I guess his is still in his tummy. But he was being all possessive of his "litto sidder". He even pushed her little bed for part of the time. He mostly liked looking out the window at the rocks on the roofs below. It was a lot of fun really. More so than I thought possible.
My mom came a little later to get Jack and take him to McD's. Unfortunately he feel asleep on the way there, so they just got it to go. He came back with her and we all hung out. Steve showed up. Nate and Jack left to go home for the big kids. I had the company of my Mom and Steve for a while. Not the most enjoyable evening, but whatever.
Luckily, Nate showed up with the kids and we were able to snap this gem:
What a horrible attempt at a family picture. Not framable.... oh well.
The kids were there for a while again and did really well. Most of them drowned themselves in the screens of course. Not the girls though! They were right there with Molly and enjoyed her ever coo. Fun stuff.
We did have to say goodbye to them too. That was a bummer. It's always hard to watch the room clear out. Emotions were running pretty high that day, I'm pretty sure I cried.
That night ended up being much like the first two. I had high hopes of my last night in the hospital being a good one where I caught up on all the missed sleep the nights before... no such luck. Although, I did skip the up and down of the bed game and went right to holding her in my arms next to me. Not the most comfortable, but I'll take it. Last night over.
No comments:
Post a Comment