"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Monday, October 5, 2015

Molly's Blessing Day

This is my attempt at fixing this picture- it looks a million times better.  For some reason it was completely washed out and had that crazy sun glare- not sure what went wrong, but I guess this will do.  Definitely not getting framed that's for sure.


MOLLY'S BLESSING DAY
This day just came and went!  It was so weird how quickly it all happened!  We chose it only a couple of weeks ago, when we realized we didn't want to have a baby blessing the day after Halloween or into the more wintery/germy months.  Plus, I don't like to wait.  I like my babies to have their blessings soon after they get here.  Not sure why it matters to me, but it does.  So we finally got her beautiful dress on Thursday.  It was so pretty!  I wish it had fit her a little better, but she looked so sweet in it.  Erika picked out a headband that just happened to have the exact same flower as the dress!  Pretty cool :).  Erika really was so excited for Molly's day.  The night before, she said to me, "I don't know if I"m going to be able to sleep tonight! I'm SO excited!"  Like it was Christmas or something :).  I hope Molly gets to know how much Erika loves her right now.  I hope it all continues.  So, anyway!  We got the house all ready for the thing afterward, food too, and we were even early for church!  I was so proud of us!  Everyone that could be there was, and there were a LOT of people there!  I was so glad!  We had heard that there weren't going to be many, but that was not the case.  This is who stood in the circle: Molly's Daddy, Grandpa Russ, Uncle Lynn, Uncle Jared, Uncle Dan, Uncle John (the only one from my side!) Uncle Darren, Uncle Mark, Uncle Chris, Joe, Gage, Bishop McGrath, Brother Steve McColley (our home teacher).  Hopefully I didn't leave anyone out.  Her blessing was beautiful.  Nate always does such a good job.  It's crazy to think this was the last baby blessing he will give!  She was blessed with some beautiful things, I will probably record those in her baby book though.  I loved thinking about her and her future and what she will accomplish.  She was given the name Molly Hope Maynes (glad Nate didn't try to change it at the last minute or anything ;).  I hope she likes her name, I think it fits her and is a cute name.  I was so frustrated all day because of what I said in my testimony.  I was so anxious to bear my testimony which is weird for me.  But then I got up there and rambled a bunch of ramblings and didn't really say much of a testimony.  Kinda bummed about that.  And embarrassed.  Oh well.  I did love hearing all of Molly's brothers and sisters (well, except Luke and Jack- they opted out this week- although, Jack did want to go up there... three is too young in my opinion :) ) testimonies and hearing them say how much they love their baby sister.  She really is SO LOVED.  It's really cool to think about how many people would have her back.  She will never have to look around for a friend or for support. I think it will always be just right here for her.  Makes me happy.  That's what I love most about big families.  We hurried home after to get the little brunch thing going.  I like doing those, but at the same time, I hate missing the last two hours of church, cutting fasting short, and being so chaotic and running around working on Sunday.  I wish there was another way to do those things.  I also sit around and second guess everything after everyone leaves.  Not my favorite part.  But whatever.  It was a nice day and I LOVED how much support we had there.  It was really nice to have so many there and get to visit with everyone after.  Poor Nate had to go to work not long after it had kind of ended.  That really stunk!  But it was really such a great day!  I feel so blessed to be Molly's mom and so blessed to have the family that we do.  9-27-15













Sisters (minus Charity of course, but I loved how beautiful they looked in this one too)






I attempted a little blessing day photo shoot throughout the day and didn't feel like I'd been successful at all, but fortunately once I got them on Lightroom, I found a few I really liked.  I will post them in a minute.  Here are a few that I found particularly amusing :).  Good ones to show future boyfriends :).




These ones were pretty good without editing!



Molly and her boys!




No comments: