"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Monday, October 5, 2015

Things to Remember Week of 9-27-15

FOUR EYES
Nate took Noah in for his eye exam- he failed the screening at school- on Monday and found out he does in fact need glasses.  The eye doctor said he has an astigmatism so he needs to go back in for another check up in six months.  He's actually a little excited to get them in two weeks.  I can't wait to see what our new Noah looks like :).  9-28-15

PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES
We got to meet all of the girls' teachers this week at Parent/Teacher conferences.  I have to admit I was a little nervous for this one because of some missing work and bad grades, but I love that they do these at mid-term when there is still time to fix the grades and bring them up.  It was really nice to get great reviews from all the teachers for both girls even though we questioned how some of them would respond :).  Overall, I am so pleased with my girls and how they are doing!  It's nice to see them putting forth their best efforts.  9-30-15

FLAG FOOTBALL
I finally got to sit and watch a couple of Bradley's games this week.  At the cost of getting eaten alive by mosquitos!  It was a lot of fun to watch him though!  I am so proud of how hard he plays!  He really can be a one-man team at times.  9-30-15

BIKE RIDE AND CENTERS
Nate and I decided to divide and conquer this Thursday (mostly because I double booked us... oops), Nate went with Bradley on his bike ride field trip- which turned out to be a lot of fun despite the route they took.  It wasn't what you would call ATC friendly.  I got to go to Erika's class for centers!  She was SO EXCITED!  I think she's been looking forward to me coming to her class for centers since those days when she and I would go to Noah's class for centers.  She gave me the biggest hug when she walked in from recess!  I loved it :).  It was fun to be back in Mrs. Piper's classroom too... I just love her.  It was a nice day, even Molly and Jack enjoyed it all.  10-1-15

BIRTHDAY TABLE WITH BRADLEY
So after we did our grocery shopping and failed to remember early out day pick-up for the Kindergartners- thanks again Emily for bailing me out!  We took our Pizza Pie Cafe pizzas to the school for Bradley's birthday lunch.  It was a nice time!  I love that he still likes to sit with us and will let us come.  We waited for Luke and Noah's lunches as well so that they could come get their slice of Oreo Pizza... tradition... good times.  I should mention- we finally know people at the school things!  Sure it's usually people in the ward, but at least we don't feel like complete strangers when we go to stuff.  We got to talk with Amy Nielson, the Caldwells, Bro. Moeller.  It was a fun time.  10-2-15

DATE NIGHT
Nate and I FINALLY got out on a REAL date this Friday!  It was so nice!  We went to Chili's and then to see Martian.  Molly slept all through dinner which was nice since I selfishly got a hamburger knowing it would be difficult to eat if I ended up having to nurse her.  Even though the movie was really cool and one that I would highly recommend to anyone (minus some of the language... frowny face), Molly was not a big fan.  She had a few moments of weakness where I wasn't sure if we would be able to go back in.  For some reason the all-you-can-eat buffet wasn't what she had in mind that evening.  But she eventually fell asleep with her binky and we were able to relax and watch the movie.  Overall she did fine.  It was such a nice break from life.  Something we both needed.  10-2-15


No comments: