"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Things to Remember Week of 5-22-16

BOYS VS GIRLS
Actually it wasn't versus, but the Deacons taught the Beehives this week for third hour.  I have to say I was pleasantly, PLEASANTLY surprised with how that went!!  The boys did such a great job!!  I wish the adult leaders would have just left it to them to teach, but whatever :).  They taught the girls about the Priesthood and their roles and such.  Very cute.  I hope we can get the Beehives to get their acts together and be able to meet the standard they just set.  Very impressive though!  5-22-16

FHE
Erika had the lesson and she and Noah had worked on a play for the past couple weeks that she was going to do for her next family night assignment.  They acted out the crucifixion and Resurrection and then Noah and the ark :).  Very cute.  They worked so hard.  Jack had us play dinosaurs for the game :)  That was so much fun!!  I loved that everyone let themselves get into it and we were all able to get down on Jack's level.  He LOVED it.  He was beamed every time we let him call another shot :).  Very cool.  He's lucky to have such awesome older siblings.  Not sure how much longer we can do those kinds of games.  5-23-16

PICNIC ON THE PLAYGROUND
We had our traditional Picnic on the Playground lunch this Friday!  That was a much anticipated event :).  I love this tradition, but mostly for the kids.  It was a lot of fun to show up with pizza and pretzel bites (our new favorite) and sit and eat together for.... two seconds... and then have everyone disperse and go play with their friends :).  I sat there with Molly perfectly entertained of course, but all by ourselves :).  I'm enough of a people watcher that it's fun to just be there with everyone.  I wasn't really in the mood to visit.  Although, Mr. Denhalter was making the rounds meeting people which I think is really cool and so I did talk to him for a bit.  I'm glad everyone got to have fun.  Ya gotta love the end of the year feel!  So exciting!  5-27-16

I'm going to attempt to get my kids to help out with the blog from now on- mostly for the book I make at the end of the year.  I want to hear about things from their perspective more.  I"m a big journal nut too, so this is good to get them in the mode of writing about things. So here's the first entry.  I might do these separately from my "Things to Remember".... we'll see.

BRADLEY (Something fun this week)
"I had such an awesome week I will tell you about it.  On Wednesday I got to help with the rendezvous [even spelled it right!] it was amazing.  I caught 30 fish with my bare hands.  on Friday my family and I went on bike rides.  we got a slurpee and a snow cone.  then I went fishing w/ noah and Erika we caught lots of fish"

KELLY (Something fun this week)
"This week I got to hang out with my friend Cassidy!  She is so much fun to hang out with!  We had an Icee and played cheese ball.  Then she showed me around her minecraft account.  Then we weeded in their garden, then we got really yummy snowcones!  It was so much fun!"

LUKE (something fun this week)
"this weekend was really fun.  first we went on a bikeride WITHOUT Charity and Kelly cause they were gone.  The next day we went on another bike ride and got slurpees."

FIXIT TICKET
So, I got a ticket.  It's been at least a year since I got that dumb crosswalk one, so this was a let down.  But I think I came out pretty lucky considering I didn't have my driver's license, proof of insurance, or a current registration.  He was a very nice cop.  5-28-16

No comments: