"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Things to Remember Week of 11-26-17

ONE ACTS
So Charity didn't get enough of the after school rehearsals with Once on this Island, she tried out for "One Acts" this week!  She was so anxious/nervous and did really good apparently because the next day she learned she got call backs and then the next day found out she got in!  Pretty exciting!  It's so fun that she's brave enough to do this stuff!  I'm really proud of her for that.  11-28-17

PLAYGROUP SOLO
It was our week to pick the park, we picked Heritage by the freeway.  Then on the way home from taking the kids to school, Molly saw the park and started crying for the park.  She would NOT lay off it!!  She cried about it until 10:00 when I finally just decided to go to Playgroup early.  Well, of course nobody was there, but we got out and she walked along the curbing around the playground for a minute and then for the next 20 or so minutes cried at me for various things.  We had some crackers with us but that was good enough.  The water we had wasn't how she wanted it, and she was basically just really tired and cold- who goes to the park in November anyway?  So at about 10:45 (knowing that this was about the time that some of the others usually show up) we had to leave.  I was mad.  I tried to not let it bother me, but I was mad.  We got home and Molly took a long nap.  I think I did too actually.  11-29-17

YOUNG WOMEN IN EXCELLENCE
The girls did such a great job at YWIE.  It was a nice evening!  You could tell the leaders did all the decorations and that always bugs me, but it looked super cute.  They did a great job.  The girls all talked about the values and what they did for Personal Progress.  Charity talked about learning the piano songs, Kelly talked about getting her medallion and all the service hours she's been working on.  Kelly got a back of popcorn for getting her medallion this year.  There was yummy food, and fun visiting afterwards.  Lots of fun.  11-29-17

WHITE DRESS
Erika and I went up to the Stake Center Thursday night to get her baptism clothes.  When we got there, they surprised us with the option to wear a white dress while she got baptized!  She loved the idea and that's what she picked.  It was really cute on her and fit perfectly.  I wasn't sure how that would go, but I wanted it to be her decision.  They showed us around the font and dressing room so that she would know what to expect.  I think this was really good for her.  She needed to see how things were going to be.  11-30-17

WARD CHRISTMAS PARTY
The ward party was a lot of fun this year!  The kids participated in the Nativity at the very beginning and then we ate soups and salads.  They had a few other little projects after dinner- frosting cookies, writing letters to missionaries, tying fleece blankets (which is what I did most of the evening).  It was fun and I was glad I was able to get my kids to stay in the gym when I heard what happened out in the halls/classrooms during the party- so glad I know they weren't a part of it all!  12-1-17

No comments: