"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Things to Remember Week of 12-17-17

JESUS IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD
My sharing time did not go as planned and when I tried to fix it I ran into two road blocks.  I will not go into that.  Needless to say it wasn't my favorite.  Hopefully the kids got something out of it.  12-17-17

KELLY'S SOCIAL DANCE
The choir and dance teachers got together and decided to include the Social Dance class in a few of their songs.  It was so much fun to be able to see Kelly perform!  It's been a while.  She was adorable!  Fun to see her in that setting.  They did a great job!  I only wish she'd been able to dance the whole song.  She had to sit out for half of the song because of uneven numbers.  We were glad we could leave the choir concert early this year :).  It's just not as fun when you don't have kids in it.  12-18-17

FHE
Luke taught us about Faith.  He had us draw a picture of what faith is to us and then we went around the room and talked about our picture.  Great idea.  We had some of our popcorn from Grandma Ruthie for the treat!  We played "Never have I ever" for the activity. 12-18-17

LUKE'S CLASS PARTY
We did a quick little donuts and hot chocolate party for Luke's class today.  I was asked to bring chopped up candy bars and pirouette cookies.  They were finishing up their white elephant exchange when I got there and witnessed Mrs. Downs cutting through Luke's duct taped gift.  It was fun to see him so excited about it :).  He's a goof.  She's such a fun teacher though and really just went with it.  She's cool.  I had fun talking with Krista and Natalie Chamberlain.  It was a nice pleasant afternoon.  Thankfully Nate was able to keep Jack and Molly for me.  12-20-17

SHOPPING WITH DAD
My Dad took me shopping this year!  Hasn't done this in a while, so it was really fun.  We went up to Layton Hills Mall which was funny because I'm not really a Mall shopper.  But once I was finally able to get my head in a browsing mode, I found some really cute stuff!  We had a funny experience with a $225 coat!!!  Luckily, we didn't even have to settle for the $150 price tag, we found one that was 60% off only $30 exactly like it!!!  Kinda funny and really cool for me.  I found three other shirts and then Dad decided to give me the rest of the money in "Universal Gift Card" form.  Cash.  Which was going to be awesome!  He took it all home for me to forget what it was so I could open it all on Christmas Eve :).  12-20-17

PARTY AT GRANDMA HATCH'S
We got together at Grandma Hatch's house for the first time in their new house and had a our annual Christmas Party.  We watched a little Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, listened to Steve play the guitar, ate food, sang songs, and played a few games.  Then we opened gifts.  It was a fun time for all!  12-21-17




No comments: