This was cute because Molly was competing with Luke and Brad to see who could jump the farthest :). So cute!!
FOURTH OF JULYWe had an awesome 4th of July this year! Mainly because Nate was home! We got to go to parade- I had to take Kelly early (she was in it with her Lacrosse team), so I laid out a blanket in between some of the chairs that were almost hogging our spot. We got there a little early and just waited... and people watched, cuz let's be honest- that's why we go to those kinds of things :). The Desmonds showed up just before it started, it was fun to have them there with us. I love parades. I know you're not supposed to, but I do. Even the commercial ones. It's just fun to be in that setting with my whole family together. This year especially. I loved watching the big kids run up and get cool stuff and then turn around and hand it to someone smaller than them. I caught Charity giving a small frisbee to Erika and then she turned around and gave it to Molly with extra excitement to get her all into it- SO CUTE!! I love that. And when Brad slowly followed the truck with free stuff so that Jack could have one. So fun! We were bummed they didn't bring the water fight down to us, and we did get stuck in the Kung Fu Gourmet (yes, I know it's not called that anymore, but the new name feels inappropriate) parking lot, but for the most part we had a great time- and loved the earlier start time! Definitely not as hot. Still hot, but not AS hot. After the parade we sat around and relaxed. I have to remind myself that this is important. It's been weird lately to feel like we need to go go go. That's really not how I am, so it's weird that it's not coming more naturally. But either way- Nate needed to sleep (worked the mid the night before and hadn't slept yet) and I wasn't about to go swimming (the only idea I hear come out of the kids) on the 4th of July. We have seen EVERY. SINGLE. EPISODE. of Studio C that there is- at least TWICE!! Kinda embarrassing. But it is still funny. So around 6:00 we woke up Nate and he finished the ribs. Grandpa and Dawn and Steve came for some dinner. Then we all went over to Barnes Park for the Fireworks. I LOVED the fireworks show!! I thought they did a really great job! Choreographed to music and everything! We had THE PERFECT spot, on the north side of the ball fields, right next to the fence. It was PERFECT! It's been a while since we've seen them that up close. Not since Riverton ones with the Maynes family. So that was awesome. Molly was adorable, needing her ears covered up with her B the whole time. And Charity with her ear plugs. I loved hearing the boys talk about how close they all were. It was really neat. And who doesn't get teary-eyed hearing those patriotic songs with fireworks! I LOVE the 4th of July! Such a cool day! Everyone being all patriotic and focused on how awesome our country is! I really love it. The drive home, though, I didn't love. I mean, the actual driving home part was fine, it was the hour sitting in the car in the parking lot that kind of soured the night a little for me. Not completely. Molly did eventually stop screaming, and Jack ended his whine-fest, and Charity and I did find some funny episodes of Studio C on YouTube while we waited, but MAN! I hope they can get that whole thing figured out for next year. Nate and some of the kids had parked at Smith's and walked- that's probably the way to go for next year. But as I said, it wasn't the end of the world. Just a bummer to get home so late. Everyone had fallen asleep in the car- minus Charity, so I they have no idea how long it took. And all was well. Fun day!! 7-4-18




























No comments:
Post a Comment