"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Week of 7-22-18

REVERENCE
The Bishop was trying to give a little Shpeel on reverence today in Sacrament meeting, taking things very seriously, and Molly turned into a little monster right in the middle of it.  Full on screaming!  It was actually almost funny, just the timing and all, but then of course, it continued through the whole meeting every time I brought her back in.  Not sure why I kept bringing her back in... well, except that I did want to hear Luke's talk and stuff... anyway.  Kinda funny, kinda not.  Little stinker has done so good the past few weeks, it was just an off week I guess, but man... the timing!  7-22-18

LUKE'S FIRST TALK IN SACRAMENT MEETING
I was SO PROUD of Luke today!!  I could not have been more impressed and pleased with the talk that he gave!  I pointed him at lds.org a couple weeks ago, told him to come ask if he had any questions or needed any ideas, and then I never heard another thing about it!  And the Sunday that he got the assignment, which happened to be two weeks ago, he was right on it!  I was so impressed.  He solidified things yesterday of course and made a few changes that he told me about, but he wrote that amazing talk, ALL BY HIMSELF!!  So impressive!  He just looked so grown up up there!  And such a profound talk about Patience.  I love that kids are given this opportunity in our church.   He has such a strong testimony.  So sincere and so firm.  Makes me so happy.  And so proud!  7-22-18

MOLLY
In the car after church, we got some funny information from Molly.
"I have uh owiE on mY BUM!"  And then the funniest part: "My teehuh waff aT mE!"  Basically she had an owie on her bum and told her "nurfey" teachers and they laughed at her!!  Made us all laugh.  And then try to stop because we realized what we were doing... Funny girl.  I love how she says Nursery right now!  So cute!  She's trying so hard to say her "th" sound too, but just not quite getting it.  I think "sh" is just as hard for her.  Cute girl.  7-22-18

PADDINGTON 2
The Maughans invited us to go see Paddington 2 with them on Monday morning.  That ended up being a lot of fun!  The theater had the really comfy reclining chairs and the kids all did really great!  The movie wasn't half bad either.  Such fun friends we have.  So grateful for them.  7-23-18

PIONEER DAY
We had a really nice and relaxed 24th of July.  We just went out to Lynn and Ali's for a barbecue with everyone.  That was really nice.  7-24-18

LUNCH WITH KRISTA
I got to go to lunch with my friend Krista on Thursday.  That was nice.  She has a way of making me feel normal.  I love hanging out with her.  7-26-18

KAYSVILLE FARMER'S MARKET PRACTICE ROUND
So we did it!!  Nate's dream is coming to fruition and our first time at the Kaysville market was a success!  I mean, if you measure it in certain ways, not as successful, but for our first time-- SUCCESS!  We had enough food and everyone stayed busy, working together, it was a great team effort!  We know what we want to do differently for next time and how to work out some kinks, so that's promising as well.  It was fun to have Grandpa Hatch there, and several others' support.  Good stuff.  Here's to next week!  7-26-18

LUNCH WITH KENNI AND EMILY
Kenni was in town so that called for lunch :).  I was so happy when Kenni said we should invite Emily!  We had a great time.  I can't get enough of these friends.  I love them so much.  Nate and the kids had to pick me up for our movie.  7-27-18

HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA 3
We all went down to the Bountiful theater for a movie together on Friday!  So much fun.  I loved the movie.  We were glad that Luke was able to join us after a three hour trip to the temple with Clint!  Pretty packed time of day to go I guess.  It was nice of the Sanders to bring him to the theater for us.  Everyone seemed to love the movie.  Good times.  7-27-18

WEBELOS DAY CAMP
Noah got to go to day camp Saturday.  He had a great time and came home with fun souvenirs.  It's a little weird to think about the fact that Jack will probably never get to do that.  Maybe The Church will come up with something cooler by then?  7-28-18


No comments: