FHE
We hurried and cleaned the church so we could get back and have time for Family Night. It was Molly's turn to teach the lesson and she and I worked and slaved over a cute memory game and an object lesson for her to show everyone. We talked about baptismal covenants and how to feel the spirit. It was cool :). And Molly did great! She loved being in charge and totally milked that for all it was worth, calling on who she wanted and not calling on people she didn't think needed a second turn. We ate the cookies Sis. Oleikan had made for us after church cleaning as my treat and played button button (with a bottle cap) for Nate's game. It was a great family night. 1-28-19
BORN TO BE WILD FIELD TRIP WITH ERIKA
Erika and I got to go on a field trip together! I rode the bus this time and it was well worth it- just sitting by Erika. She's such a cool girl. I just feel cooler when I'm sitting with her. We thought we were seeing the Hubble Movie (my favorite) but it ended up being Born to be Wild. Which ended up being a lot of fun to watch! Erika giggled through the ENTIRE movie! We both agreed that Jack would have loved it and laughed the whole time too :). It had baby orangutans and baby elephants. They did the cutest stuff. Especially the orangutans. I always love seeing my kids in their element and seeing Erika stick up for Anna on the bus made me happy. She's a good girl. She seeks justice for those around her. Makes me proud of her.
1-29-19
BRAD NATIONAL ANTHEM
We got to go see Brad brave the National Anthem at the girls basketball game. I was SO PROUD of him!! That took SO MUCH COURAGE! He did a great job! He missed like one word and Mrs. Clark helped him with it, but we were so proud of him. He really did awesome and the crowd went wild when he was done- it was cool! Such a cool experience! 1-29-19
GUESTS AND GOODIES
I refuse to call it "VIP Come Read With Me" like they do now-- it's dorky. But we went this morning, 8:00 sharp! I couldn't believe we made it there on time before the crowd. The kids love the donuts and visiting with their friends and then we braved the Book Fair (or as Molly calls it- Book Fairy or Fairy Book) after. There were about a million people in there... not my idea of a good time to buy books. We'll get ours later on today when we have conferences. 1-30-19
OUR POOR COUNTRY
I found out this week that New York passed a law that made full-term abortion legal. It makes me so sick just thinking about it. Virginia is about to pass it as well. I don't even think I have anything to say about it, I just can't believe we've come to this. And the constant ringing in my mind of "why is it considered a double homicide if you kill a pregnant woman, but it's okay for a pregnant woman to kill that other person inside of her." WHY WHY WHY?! 1-30-19
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES
We had our conferences this week! Pretty exciting! Everyone is doing great! We had to move Jack's to Friday because his teacher's daughter had a baby, but other than that- it was all good news! I love to hear about Noah's fun creative writing and his amazing Utah compose scores. All of his scores on everything looked really great! Mrs. Moncur was so complimentary of him and his behavior in the classroom. He wants to do better at focusing in class. Erika's was fun too- with Mrs. Masterson giving her knuckles after everything she told us. Erika is still doing really well in all areas. She is especially good at typing and getting better at reading. We talked about making sure she reads books on her reading level, so that was helpful. She is going to raise her bead read goal and keep practicing her math facts. Jackie's conference was really great because he has reached his grade reading level! Almost above it even! That happened almost overnight! So cool! He's doing great in most other areas as well. We are really proud of him. It's fun to hear Mrs. Burns talk about him- she really knows Jack and loves him. That's nice. She gave him his part for the program too, which is exciting. 1-30-19
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCE DINNER
I did my second parent teacher conference dinner! Well, I should say, "we" because I couldn't have done it all without Nate's help. I didn't make him cook everything this time, which was nice, but he did help me IMMENSELY! So I had planned on doing Texas Roadhouse because they supposedly give good deals to schools and such, but they never returned my call, so I went with something I like better- Cafe Rio :). It was super easy to order online and I even did it only a few days ahead, and everything was REALLY great! I got flour tortillas for the Green Enchiladas. They came with rice and beans and chips and salsa as well as salad! I was super impressed with how they packaged everything, provided sternos and everything- it was really nice! Made it fairly easy. And luckily I had Nate there to help me because the time on the school website was wrong and I needed to have it set up an hour earlier than planned. Cafe Rio would only let me change my time by a little bit, so it was super chaotic for a few minutes there, getting it all set up. But I heard great reviews from the teachers and we got to take home several pans of enchiladas, so AWESOME! They were amazing. I ate them for several days. I like being able to spoil the teachers a little. I do wish however that Julia wouldn't tell me that there are 40 people to feed when THERE'S NOT!! I don't even think we fed 25! Either that or they all eat like birds. I ordered food for 35 because I knew she overestimated, but there was still SO MUCH leftover. Kind of annoying, but also kind of not. I shared a pan with Jami too :). So glad to have that done and overwith! 1-31-19
No comments:
Post a Comment