"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Monday, July 1, 2019

Week of 6-23-19

HANNAH'S HOMECOMING






We got up bright and early to get on the road by 7:30!  It was a really nice drive this time because I got to sit up front with Nate and talk the whole time!  It was kind of a blessing that Becky wasn't able to come, although I felt really bad for thinking that- I know she was not feeling well.  It was going to be a challenge, sitting in the back and I wasn't sure I was cut out for it at the time, so really- kind of a blessing in disguise.  I was grateful.  We got to church about 10 minutes late because we'd had to stop so much for bathroom breaks- between Molly and I- and to get gas... oops.  But we got to take the Sacrament which I was grateful for and able to practice some of the meditating that I had wanted to do.  Then we got to hear Hannah's talk as well.  She did a great job!  I LOVE what she pointed out in the story of the brother of Jared how the stones he used were molten out of rock and were clear like glass because he had done what he needed to do to make them that way.  He didn't just pick up a few rocks and hand them to the Lord to touch them- he went to a lot of effort first!  Pretty cool to compare with what we are required to do before asking for the Lord's hand.  I thought it was cool.  We stayed for the rest of church- I was super happy with how well Molly went to her Sunbeam class.  Relief Society is always fun when I get to sit by Meg.  I loved talking with everyone at the house as well.  I was happy to hear that Hannah had enjoyed my responses to her letters and that I had responded more than anyone not in her immediate family!  Which is also kind of sad!  I wish I'd said more.  But it was fun to hear about her experiences in France and the culture.  Really cool.  My favorite part was talking with Nate on the drives though :).  Good times.  6-23-19

GIRLS CAMP
Another year where it's just a post about saying goodbye and welcome home to my girls!  I'm so sad I don't get to be with them, but I'm sure they're having a good time!  I can't wait to hear about it all, actually.  I keep texting them, hoping they'll be bored and share some juice, but they have yet to do that :).  So I guess I'll wait.  I wasn't too involved in getting them ready to go- they did all their own shopping and packing and Charity didn't even ask for a ride to the Last's house, Kelly took her, so it's been different, but I'm happy they get to go experience that together.  This is probably or could be their last camp together!  Sad!  I hope it's a good one for them.  6-24-19

JAROM SLEEPING OVER
I had told the kids NO SLEEPOVERS this week when we left for Idaho.  Of course, I caved when we were there and cute little Noah was begging to have Jarom come.  Should have listened to the wiser me, who said no in the first place, because one night into it (he had planned on staying til Wednesday!) he was crying and homesick.  We made him stick the day out, but Chris came and got him Monday night after getting home from the pool.  Kind of a bummer for Noah, but now we all know to listen to me!  6-24-19

WRESTLING CAMP
Bradley has been so impressive lately with all that he is willing to do.  He is doing the Cross Country stuff, and did basketball camp and then this week he did Wrestling camp too!  This was hard!  There was no mistaking how hard it was when he would come out the car just dripping in sweat!  He was pretty tired and had been worked pretty good!  I was so proud of him for sticking with it though.  He really has learned how to push himself which I think is so admirable. I'm so amazed at what he can do.  6-24-19



DENTIST FOR THE LITTLES AND ORTHO FOR BRAD

Nate took the younger four to the dentist for me, which ended up being pretty good- not TOO many cavities.  Although, I was surprised at who had them... but that's all I will say.  Even Molly did pretty good for the dentist, so that was nice.  Probably because I wasn't there, if we're being honest.  But whatever.  Then I took Brad to his orthodontist consultation.  Along with all of Brad's adventures, he would also like to get braces now.  Before, they told us it was strickly cosmetic if he wanted to get braces, so he didn't absolutely NEED them, and he didn't want to bother with it back then.  But now, he's feeling like he does.  It was THE STRANGEST consult I've ever witnessed.  Brad felt that way too.  I am not sure why the orthodontist was so hesitant and almost discouraging.  Doesn't he want more patients?  I don't know.  So I decided to call up DeFay and see what they say about his teeth.  Luddington had been frustrated with his overbite changing to an open bite now, and didn't seem to think he could do much for him, so I'm curious to see how DeFay will handle his teeth.  They seemed to be slightly more advanced, technologically, so we'll see.  I'm totally curious how it will go because of Luddington's weird reaction.  That's coming up.  6-26-19




PACK MEETING




This pack meeting was SUCH A PAIN to plan!!  So many re-schedules of the dates, and all the emails and texts between the cub committee, and all the work Paul was putting into it... it was nuts!  We were going to the Fire Station, so it was slightly different, but seriously, SUCH A HASSLE!!  So it was even more frustrating when I showed up with four kids in tow (almost ditched everyone, but so glad I didn't!) because it was mutual night, only to find JUST PAUL AND JAMI from our committee there!  Everyone else had ditched out!!!  SO crazy!  I texted Dallas and Bill and "I'm knee-deep in logistics for a 2yo birthday." was all he could give me!!  And no heads up on the fact that neither of them were coming.  So weird.  Shar had a good excuse, so did Rachel, but everyone else!  So irritating.  But anyway.  We had a great time at the Fire Station!  I had no idea how much my kids would love that!  Or at least Jack and Molly anyway!  They were in heaven!  Molly even cried when it was time to go!  I had to bribe her with ice cream cones to get her out of there.  They did a good job, even though the girl doing the "tour" seemed completely under-qualified as well as inexperienced, so whatever.  It was a fun time though!  I was glad!  If only we'd been able to get more than three cubs there!  6-26-19

36 WEEKS AND 1 DAY
We went in for our second to last doctor appointment today!  It was a MUCH anticipated visit!  We had been wallowing in limbo all week wondering if Erica had been right and we were actually going to deliver on the 11th, or if that was an accident and we actually had to wait until the 18th like Dr. Thackeray had told us previously.  So this was big!  And first thing when he came in the room, he was trying to figure out how many days we had left and we were kind of like, well, we don't really know!  So then he proceeded to tell us that yeah, July 11th, 5pm was the only time available!!!  We were in shock, but also just SO RELIEVED!!!  This baby needs to come soon!  We are DONE BEING PREGNANT!!  So this was the greatest news ever.  It's so funny how much of a difference seven days can make!  It felt like such a burden had been lifted!  Not to mention all the things this makes better for us.  Hopefully it's actually a good time for baby Sparkle to come, we don't want to make her life complicated by any means, but she seems just as anxious as us if you ask me :).  She's ready to just bust out of there half the time!  She doesn't come out wish some major calf muscles, I will be surprised!  So anyway!  Pretty awesome!!  We were beaming!  He reminded us of all the signs of labor (that I never have) and told us we can call anytime, then told us to schedule an appointment in a week.  It was funny when the nurse was taking us to our room, she asked if I wanted to be checked and I was like, "I never want to be checked, EVER :)"  Sounded kind of rude probably, but I was mostly joking around.  I think she got it.  So anyway- all is well, and hopefully will stay that way- and now we get to meet Sparkle a week sooner!!  Wahoo!!  6-28-19

PAINTING THE LIVING ROOM

Friday was the day!  One of the only available days we have to pain the living room, so we jumped on it!  It's funny how spontaneous we can be sometimes.  We grabbed paint and supplies on our way to the doctor appointment.  Then got going right when we got home.  It was a lot of work!  And with the pain and discomfort I've been dealing with- it was really hard for me!  I had to stop several times to rest.  Nate did awesome, we had lots of helpers with different things, and it turned out really great, minus my crappy chair rail and trim jobs... but I've got plans to fix those asap.  It looks SO MUCH BETTER!!  Even with the yellow entry way which we plan to change in the next few days here as well.  Then the next day, Nate and the boys moved up the stairway and painted a lot of the hallway before needed to rush off to Grandma Ruthie's reunion.  It's going to be so nice to have that done!  It's a little darker than I had imagined, but I really like how it feels.  Such a nice change.  I hope I never forget Molly's, "You missed a bot!" when she saw the yellow wall just cut in, not painted in the middle.  She's hilarious!  It's pretty exciting stuff though- I hope baby Sparkle appreciates all our hard work "for her" :).  Just kidding.  6-28-19

GRANDMA RUTHIE'S HALE REUNION










Her big day arrived!  Grandma Ruthie has put blood, sweat and tears... okay, not really, but lots of thought and emotion I'm sure- into the planning of this reunion!  It was great to have it here.  Nate was in charge of the food that people were supposed to venmo us orders for.  Which was interesting :).  Once Nate had the food all done, we RACED down to Eagle Mountain (not sure why it had to be an hour and a half way.... hahaha!), and got it all set up just in time for dinner.  The park she chose was pretty awesome!  Really amazing toys to play on, I think I got a few pictures on my phone, forgot the camera unfortunately, a splash pad!  It was really cool.  Maybe that's why we had to drive an hour and a half.  So the kids had a lot of fun playing and helping Jen run things.  It was neat to meet a few of Nate's relatives.  I didn't get a ton of time to mingle, I was on Molly duty, but it was a neat experience.  She had a really good turnout!  It was good Nate had brought more than enough meat.  Lots of fun games, prizes, treats, stories... it was fun!  We got to hear the cool story from Van, Ruth's cousin, about the Book of Mormon his grandpa Edward something Hale (dang, now I forgot his name, I'll ask Nate) had given an investigator on his mission in Ohio.  And the cool way he came about it.  His daughter had a friend who ran into it while cleaning out an old attic!  Pretty amazing!  With his name in it and everything.  Those kinds of things are really cool to me.  So that was neat.  It was INCREDIBLY windy- as Eagle Mountain always is- so I was dreading the allergy attack I was anticipating having, but I was pleasantly surprised with just one sneeze attack in the car on the way home.  We drove around to look at our old neighborhood which looked really run down unfortunately!  I couldn't believe how dumpy it looked actually.  Kinda sad.  But we do have some fun memories from that house.  So that was fun.  We got home pretty late and sent everyone to showers and bed.  Good day though!  6-29-19

KELLY ANSWERED HER DATE TO HOMECOMING

No comments: