CHARITY'S TALK ABOUT MINISTERING
Charity delivered yet another great talk today! I was impressed she was able to write such a great talk on such short notice- thanks to Chet. She did great though! So proud of her! 6-30-19
COMBINED SECOND HOUR
The Bishop wanted to have all the adults for his combined meeting so Barbara decided that we would keep all the kids together, both primaries, the whole hour, and have singing time as well as a little word from each of the Presidency. I was supposed to share a scripture and some thoughts. Which I did and then realized it was all wrong. Took me back to the pre-2 hour schedule days, with Sharing time. Glad we don't do that anymore. It ended up being a really fun hour with a fun game Shalane came with, guessing which kid was hiding behind a sheet. She has some fun ideas. They loved it. And it used the time quite nicely. As well as Natalie's videos and Barbara's two cents. 6-30-19
11 DAYS
Molly and Kelly made a giant, 11 link, chain today to count down til our baby gets here :). We're all very excited!! One of these days I need to make a list of all the names Molly has thrown out there for our baby, but her most recent ones kind of crack me up. Syrup (which Molly pronounces "Hewup"), Water, Chickie, and Duck or Goose :)!!! Funny girl. These are all acceptable girl names in her mind. HA! 6-30-19
LUNCH WITH CASSLERS
Charity, Kelly and I went to lunch with my mom and the Cassler's Monday. We went to the Corner Bakery in Bountiful, which was good, and had a great time. Always nice to get out and visit. 7-1-19
KIM BALL
On our way home from lunch, we stopped at Kim's to get some clothes. We sat and visited for quite a while. Probably overstayed our welcome, but I loved being able to see Kim and visit. I can't believe all that Zip has been through on his mission! The Bull!!! Rabies?! Kinda nuts. 7-1-19
FHE
For Family night this week, Kelly taught us about the affects the miracle of the apostles healing the crippled man had on everyone involved. It was a really cool lesson- I am so grateful for these new lessons from Come Follow Me. I feel like I am learning so many new things. We played Brad's sock game out on the basketball court for our activity and had Drumsticks for Luke's treat. Fun stuff. 7-1-19
BRAD AND BRACES
We took Brad into DeFay this week for another braces consult. I felt like this one went a million times better than the one at Luddington for some strange reason. I'm not sure why he was the way he was there, but I'm trying to just move on :). DeFay is awesome and actually very reasonably priced this time, so I think it will be a good fit. He doesn't get them on til August 13th. Should be fun. 7-2-19
HAIR DID
Got my hair done this week, FINALLY!! This has been on my list of things to do for at least a year. So it was nice to get it taken care of. I went careful and just dyed it all my natural color. Covering up the gray was my biggest priority. I think it looks good. Now maybe baby Sparkle won't feel like her mom is too old to be having a baby :). 7-2-19
FAMILY
We have had a lot of days lately where it just feels like we all want to sit and visit with each other. We all veg in the living room and talk about baby Sparkle and all the things we are looking forward to. The names we like, what she will look like- Nate had a dream that she has curly red hair :). It's been pretty fun. I think we are all just very anxious for her to be here. We're not very good at multitasking with something so exciting on the horizon. Thank goodness Dr. Thackeray let us move the date up. 7-3-19
FOURTH OF JULY
We had a pretty laid back Independence Day. Brad wanted to sell soda, otter pops, and water before, so we got up early enough to get that all ready and Kelly to Bird's house (for her lame walk along the parade route handing out flyers and then going to breakfast-- did I mention this was LAME?!). We got our usual spots up there at Kung Fu Gourmet. Everyone showed up and it was a bit painful waiting for the parade to start. Not my favorite part. But it wasn't as hot as it's been in the past and we had our spray bottle- need to remember two next year so Molly and Jack don't have to fight over it. The parade was great. The kids got lots of candy. As usual there was an annoying kid stealing stuff from little people and getting in the Maynes kids' ways, but we survived. Always gotta have one of them. Some of the highlights- Charity's Jimmy John's sandwich :). Erika's SOFT little miniature stuffed animal. The Bowman's frisbees for free donuts. Buy one get one Rush Fun Plex cards. After the parade, we came home and just sat around basically. It was a very lazy day. Erika got to go get a new bike I had found on KSL. Everyone played outside until it got windy and cold. Then we got DUMPED on with a crazy rain storm for a couple hours. This is when all our hopes of fireworks were dashed to pieces. We enjoyed a nice visit with Steve, he showed off his belly fat and we all laughed about Nate's owie on his shin when he said he missed with the bandaid. It was a fun visit! He was in a great mood! They ended up having afterall, but we were all wrapped up in "Imaginiff" and "Telestrations" that we actually skipped them. Nobody wanted to sit on the wet grass. Makes sense, but I was a little bummed. We'll have to make sure we catch the Bountiful ones for 24th! It was a nice day though! 7-4-19
37 WEEKS, 1 DAY
We had our last doctor appointment today. Everything is a go for a July 11th delivery! We're very excited! Couldn't be happier about the day :). 7-5-19
"YOUR CRACK"
I dropped a crumb down my shirt and as I was fishing it out Molly says, "It fell in your cwack mom!" Laughing. HILARIOUS! 7-6-19
STOWELL REUNION
We had the Stowell reunion this Saturday. Down in West Jordan at a really cool park. It was fun. It wasn't as fun as I remember them being, for some reason, I don't enjoy those like I used to, but it was nice to chat with people. Nobody even knew I was pregnant, which was weird. I was sure my mom would have spread the news. But we talked about the new baby a lot and that she was coming in less than a week! Lots of fun. Then Steve went and dramatized the event by jumping over a bench that was on a hill, falling and hurting his shoulder. Would have been minor except then as we were sitting there at the tables in the pavilion, he had some ice on it, he full on passed out! Hit his head on the hard floor and everything! It was so crazy! So we drove him home. Nate had to go to work, but we got him to work and Steve home just fine. It was pretty crazy though. When we got him home, we decided we needed to get some ibuprofen and tylenol for him so we went down to Smith's for that. Then when we got up to Grandpa's for the second time, we decided we also needed to go to Basket Robins :). So we went and got some ice cream. It was fun. We sat outside and everyone was trying to throw their cup into the trash can. Grandpa owes everyone a keva juice. Just kidding. 7-6-19


















No comments:
Post a Comment