ORDINATIONS
This was a really special and memorable Sunday for me! After church we got to have all three older boys ordained! We invited Grandma and Simon so they were there, and the rest of us as well as Bridger and his parents all crammed into the Bishop's office. It was SO NEAT!! Bridger was first and then we talked about how if Bradley is ordained a Priest first, then he can stand and participate in Luke and Noah's ordinations as well! So he went next. Nate ordained him a Priest and gave him a really cool blessing. I love hearing what Heavenly Father has to say to my kids through the Priesthood blessings. That was neat. Then Luke's turn. Nate ordained him a Teacher and gave him a very special blessing as well. I love that these boys are worthy to receive the Priesthood so that I can participate in this beautiful Spirit that accompanied their ordinations. Brad of course stood in the circle- very cool. Then Noah's turn! Nate ordained Noah a Deacon and gave him the Priesthood! This was pretty special as well. His blessing was awesome too. This was pretty cool that he was able to be ordained six days BEFORE he turned 12! And Brad stood in the circle again. Just a really neat experience! Three boys at once! We got pictures outside afterwards! 1-5-20
PRIESTHOOD PREPAREDNESS
I really loved how the Priesthood Preparedness thing went. It was really simple, but really organized. I loved that they had the Deacon quorum president speak and the younger YW class president too. They did great and gave a lot of great information. Who better for these kids to hear from! Then they had a panel with Bro. Pederson, Bro. Thaxton and Sis. Richardson and I absolutely LOVED that Bro. Thaxton kept turning his questions over to the Deacons! YOUTH LEAD!!! I was happy about that. Happy that Noah has him for his leader and will get opportunities to lead. I think Noah enjoyed it and feels a little more prepared and welcome into Deacons. 1-5-20
MUSIC MAKERS MOVEMENT TIME- TRANSPORTATION
Okay, I absolutely hated movement time today! It was my turn and it went completely haywire!! I don't know why. Well, I do know why- none of the moms do anything!!! They all stand around talking while the person running things has to referee the kids. No paper airplanes next time... 1-6-20
WALMART PICKUP
So didn't have the best experience with Walmart pickup this week! They were backed up and didn't have my order ready on time, so I waited like a half hour. Then I went home, did some stuff, scheduled with them to have Nate pick up and he sat there for a good hour, before I finally just told him to cancel it! A WHOLE DAY BEHIND!!! Kinda nuts. I think they were just understaffed. It was the first day back from the long Christmas break. Anyway. I reordered with Layton Walmart the next day... all was well. 1-6-20
LUNCH WITH KRISTA
Krista and I finally got to go out. We went to Old Grist Mill- it was delicious. Molly and Sadie were awesome, minus Sadie slobbering all over Krista's coat in her high chair :). We had a nice time though. I'm pretty sure I could talk to Krista all day!! Need to do that more often. 1-6-20
UNCLE DREWS
Brad's first game with his sort of comp league was Tuesday! It was really fun to watch them play, but it didn't seem like everyone was playing their best. The team they played was beyond obnoxious, just really loud and in your face. Should have had some technicals called. It was awful. We lost by a lot. But I'm excited about this league- seems like most of the boys can play and will be some good competition. Hopefully we can get in a groove soon. 1-7-20
FHE
We had FHE on Tuesday this week because of basketball practices. Rare that we have any other day open, so we took advantage of that. Jack did the lesson- he had us act out Nephi and his brothers going back to get the brass plates! This was fun. Jack got to be Nephi, Brad and Luke were of course Laman and Lemuel. Noah was Sam. Kelly was Laban, Erika was Zoram, Molly was the brass plates- which she loved and has talked about many times since then. When Charity showed up she was the angel. Nate and I were the parents- of course. It was a lot of fun. We had apples dipped in caramel for the treat. 1-7-20
SCHOOL CHOIR
Noah and Erika started school choir this week! They BARELY made it into the choir because Mrs. Hamblin had mercy on those of us who didn't bring in papers quick enough. They are excited. 1-8-20
CHURCH BALL
We had our last games for church ball for the season on Thursday. Course I think the Priests may have made it to Regions. Kinda fun! It was a bittersweet season for me with all the juggling they did with the boys- since they move up in the middle of the season. Didn't love that. But they had a lot of fun and I loved watching them! 1-9-20
LAST BIRTHDAY TABLE WITH NOAH
We grabbed some Wendy's and headed over to the school! This was Noah's last time having birthday tables! We loved being with him and having that time together! Good stuff! 1-10-20
NOAH'S FAMILY PARTY- DARTSIDE
We had Noah's family party at Dartside this time. We had tried to get Jazz tickets for everyone and go there, but that did not pan out- mainly because Noah didn't want to have to have the family separated! Love that. So we went to Dartside. It was especially fun this time because Grandpa Hatch came! Grandma Hatch came as well, with Porter and he was able to play int he Kid City with Molly, so that was fun. The kids have lots of fun stories about trying to get Grandpa out- he was wearing a leather coat so he "couldn't feel" anything hitting him. Sounded like Nate was a major target as well. Spent a lot of time on the sit- out. But sounded like fun! I was glad Charity was able to join us even if it was cut short with a friend outing. We love having the time we get with her these days! They are few and far between. Noah seemed to be pretty happy and had a good time! We came home for some Jazz Cake and ice cream. Presents too. I think he liked his zipline and stuff from his sibs- everyone had been so thoughtful at the store- finding just the right gifts! Money from the grandparents. It was a nice 12th birthday! 1-10-20
NOAH'S BIRTHDAY
Noah's actual birthday was spent mostly at basketball games :). But I think he enjoys that enough that it was fun! We did get to go to dinner in the morning, Noah chose IHOP. This was one of the most uneventful trips we have had at a restaurant in a long time! Everyone stayed happy the entire time and there were no incidents! I was shocked! We were missing Kelly and Bradley which was a bummer, but they were working, so we understand. It was fun when the waitresses and waiters came out with ice cream for Noah and sang to him! Fun surprise. I think he had a good day. We let him choose dinner and he chose crepes and then we watched a projector movie in my room, on my bed, and Noah got to choose it. Unfortunately, he chose Captain America and that was a little too freaky for the little guys. But it was a fun night! Happy Birthday, Noah! 1-11-20
No comments:
Post a Comment