AGAIN
We did it again. We slept in. I woke up at 8:09! We had about 40 minutes to get ready. The crazy thing is that we did it!! We got ready in time and made it there. Pretty remarkable. Hopefully we can get our act together soon 🙄. 12-15-19
REPENTANCE
I had a lot of thoughts about repentance on Sunday. About how it is a protection. I had never really thought of it as such. We never know when it will be too late to repent. It’s wise to be on top of things. Repent right away. Pretty good reminder. 12-15-19
29TH DAY OF MY BIRTHDAY
Tonight was a letter from Lacie Goddard! Pretty awesome! She’s so good to me. Funny that we hardly know each other. Also, chocolate covered S’mores candy! 12-16-19
SADIE’S STOCKING
Molly, Sadie and I Finally got the stuff for Sadie’s stocking ツ. I had some fabric leftover from when I made the first other ones, but not enough. I was so happy when I found the red with white polka dots. I bet Becky will be happy to hear that I did the polka dots ツ. I was also relieved to find plenty of Rick-rack too. Now I just need to find tome to make it! 12-16-19
HOLEY MOLY
Well, I was trying to slice off the wart on the bottom of my foot like the doc ordered and I ended up cutting off a huge chunk! It’s basically a giant hole on the bottom of my foot! It hurts so bad!!! I’m not 100% sure what to do with it. I’ve decided this is a trial I need to endure. I’m working on that. 12-17-19
30TH DAY OF MY BIRTHDAY
A letter from My mom and Simon and a cute little miniature nativity with the word love. It’s adorable! 12-17-19
31ST DAY OF MY BIRTHDAY
I got a latter from Hannah Maynes! So fun, she’s a sweetheart! And a gift card to Red Robin. 12-18-19
CHARITY SINGING AT COLUMBIA
We haven’t been able to go to as many of Charity’s concerts as we would have liked, so we made it a priority to go see her Mass group perform at the Elementary school! This was a lot of fun! Molly got to run around giving her sibs hugs. Charity got to pass around Sadie to all of her friends beforehand. And they put on a very fun concert!! I love that they incorporate some music facts and technique. It was really fun to watch Charity up there she seemed to feel right at home. She also did a fantastic job on her solo. She has such an amazing voice. 12-19-19
BRAD AND LUKE CONCERT
In the evening we all got to go hear Brad and Luke sing in their concert. I loved that she only had the audition choirs performing together and separated the other ones at a different time. Made it easier to find a place to sit. They did a cute/fun number- Sisters from White Christmas, and basically danced around with boas like they were a bunch of women- and this was just the boys. It was hilarious! I loved it. 12-19-19
32ND DAY OF MY BIRTHDAY
I got a letter from Stacey Empey! She actually wrote it in a cute card! Pretty special. She’s so sweet! Also, a gift card to go to the ax throwing place! That will be fun! 12-19-19
TEMPLE SQUARE TO SEE THE LIGHTS AND VENDING MACHINE
We had planned our trip to salt lake on the front runner to be earlier in the day so that we weren’t getting home so late at night, but when we got to the train station we’re learned that they don’t even run til almost 5:00. It was about 3:00 so we opted for the convenient- driving ourselves down there. Not keeping up with tradition, but definitely easier and quicker. We got down there, parked in our usual spot next to the conference center and walked right over to the JSMB for the vending machines! The kids had spent the week “earning money” by doing extra chores around the house so that they could donate it in the service vending machines. This was a lot of fun last year and I feel like we made it even more special by javejng them earn the money we donated. It ended up feeling really memorable. We wandered around some more, I fed Sadie, and we saw the candy windows, the nativities around temple square, mom and dad’s spot, the north visitors center where we played with family search, then got some hot chocolate and then finally saw the lights ツ when it got dark enough for them to turn on. It was a very pleasant trip! We had Sadie in the papoose which was nice and she cooperated pretty well. It wasn’t a cold evening. We had an awesome time. We came home and had a movie night and enjoyed the fact that it was Christmas break!! 12-19-19
CLAIRE!!
Saturday was our much anticipated hang out with Claire! I was really excited to see Claire and really excited to give her the gift I had made for her. I mean, it wasn't exactly homemade, but I put a lot of thought into it and worked on it pretty long... I mean for a gift now days, it was a long time :). So anyway. She came, we had taco salad for dinner- Erika's dinner and she helped. Then Claire had us open one of the gifts from her- it was a box with a gingerbread house kit! We love gingerbread houses! So we sat and made/decorated those. That was fun. Reminded me why we do the glue on our graham cracker ones :), but it was still fun and a good time. Then we went to the kitchen for another gift from Claire- a giant piano!! The kind you can step on! SO COOL! We really loved this! Everyone took turns (really impolitely, and embarrassingly of course), but we all got to play on it and show off our foot piano playing skills. It's harder than it looks! I was surprised. For a seasoned pianist, I made a fool of myself :). But anyway. Then we gave Claire her gift! She squealed with excitement when she saw it and that made my day! It was fun to talk about all the Alaska pictures- it was a blanket with 8 pictures of Alaska when she visited and said, "Claire in the AK"- we talked about all our memories- I'm still shocked at how much she remembers of that trip! I mean, she's been on LOTS of trips! So I was slightly flattered :) We even fact checked with my blog! She and I got to talk a little after that and I always enjoy that. Takes me back to Taylorsville when we were "across the street" neighbors. I loved those days so much. Not that I don't love these ones too, they were just pretty special ones. Partly because of people like Claire! I guess it wasn't Claire that gave us the free tree that one year- she didn't remember that at all! But funny to remember the snowman in her driveway and the trees all over her front lawn!! HA! Dan Cockayne and his silly pranks. Fun stuff though. Good times. I'm so grateful for Claire and that she is still in our life. Such a great example to me. Til next time! 12-21-20
No comments:
Post a Comment