"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Monday, July 6, 2009

being a MOM

The other day, I was watching Noah playing on the playground at Liberty Park. I'm really big on just letting my kids go and play. I like to watch what they do and watch how they imagine, how they pretend. He was really enthralled with this particular playground (and the fact that he was on his own, I'm sure) and just wandered around touching everything, trying everything out.... just really getting into it. I loved it! At one point I could see him playing in a small tunnel. I decided to watch from a spot where I could see him but he couldn't see me. He was having a good time, and was experimenting with what he could and could not do in that tunnel. It was really fun to watch him explore. Out of nowhere he caught a glimpse of me and this is the exciting moment I wanted to write about, his sweet little eyes just lit up! He was so thrilled to know that I was witnessing this awesome experience. He got a little more bounce in his step. He kept looking over at me to make sure I was still watching and taking it all in. Which I of course was. This is when it hit me.... I am his MOM. Sounds weird I know. I have always know that I was his mom, but not always that I am his MOM! I started to think back on when I was a kid and how much it meant to have someone watching. Someone seeing the cool new trick you learned, or someone there to clap and cheer when you mastered the latest performance. I realized how much it meant to him to have me there in that moment and to have me share in that with him. I seriously almost cried! Probably the hormones, but it was just amazing. I know moms are important. I know that he would not be here if it weren't for me, but the fact that he was excited to show me what he was doing, or excited that I was partaking in the goodness of that tunnel with him was just priceless for me. That was it. I love it!

No comments: