"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Not until you're 18, Bradley!
Today Bradley made a picture for the mailman. He didn't want any help with it, so it ended up in a bill envelop (the kind with the open window and the blank lines for the return address). He asked me how to write "To You" and then put it in the mailbox. He kept checking on it ALL day waiting for the mailman to get his letter. Out of nowhere he realized that he never wrote "from Brad" on it, so he ran out and brought it back in to write that with help. Then he took it back out there and waited some more. (Can you sense the suspense that is building up in the little boy) So later on in the afternoon we were out on the porch watching the rain and lightning (a little therapy for my kids, we'll call it :)), and we saw the mailman pull up!!!! Brad's little eyes lit up, and he immediately ran down the steps and down the driveway announcing that he was going to go tell the mail man about his letter. (and this is huge considering how deathly afraid of the ran/wind/thunder/lightning combo he is) He got down there and I of course had lost visual on he and Kelly. I could hear words being exchanged and wondered if the mailman (it was actually a woman) would even be able to understand him. Well, a disappointed little Bradley (head down, shoulders down) came back up to the porch silently and wouldn't tell me what happened. Then Kelly made her way up and announced that the mail lady had told them that "they cannot get the mail unless they are 18!!!!" I dragged the rest of the details out of Brad. Apparently she didn't even give Brad a chance to say anything to her before driving off. And was a little bit rude to them both :( (not that I blame her, I'm sure that was the last thing she was expecting- I knew I should have gone down with them), but it was sad. I felt bad for him. We're going to leave it in the mailbox for the mailman to get tomorrow :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment