On the way home from taking Nate to work today, right as we started up the hill, Luke noticed the sun just barely peeking up over the mountain. He squealed with excitement, "MOM!!! WOOK!!! The sun is coming up!!! I can see it!" What a cutie. I wish I got that excited to just see the sun.
Bradley said, "Wouldn't it be cool if we lived up in the mountains where the sun sleeps?" How poetic is that!
Someone stole the face off of our stereo. How LAME can you be?! Seriously! Now we can't use our CD player, radio, or DVD player (well, we can watch, just no sound..... fortunately it makes little difference to our kids). I had hoped that the kids had just gotten ahold of it somehow and that I would find it in the car, but after a very thorough cleaning, it's still missing. I'm bummed. What a mean little theif. Luckily they found no interest in my purse, or anyof the the other things in the car. And we do still have our stereo, so I guess it could be worse. When Nate and I were engaged, his car was parked out in front of my house, someone broke into it and totally busted open the whole dash to steal his stereo. That was SO annoying. They stole his cell phone too I think, but the incompetant theif left the bag with his work stuff in it (blank checks, another cell phone, important documents, etc.) AND the thing I found funniest, they left the HUGE bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs that was in the glove box. I was glad, but come on.... blank checks and Mini Eggs!! I do have to say that in a way I feel like it was meant to be that we not have use of our stereo for a while. We all talk more, it's quieter, more thinking time and I was just thinking the other day how much I missed all the singing we used to do in the car. So some good can come of this I'm sure :) Is there a point at which a new face for the stereo becomes a need and not just a want though?
It hit me yesterday that since our baby is a girl..... NO CIRCUMCISION!!!!!! No diapers coated in vaseline to have leaking all over the place!!! And while I wouldn't trade my boys for the world.... this is a definite plus to me, with having a girl. Isn't that a nice little bonus?
Why do they have to repeat things so much on the kid shows these days. I feel like half of the show is them repeating what they just said! Drives me nuts!
I realized the other night that it is easier for me to fake like I feel good when I am around outside people (not just family), and it occurred to me that my kids are getting the raw end of the deal. They have to see me all whiny and grumpy and then the minute we step out of the house I am all better. I decided that starting right now I am going to make an effort to pretend to feel better for my kids and not just outside people. It's only fair to them. They deserve a mom that can suck it up and just smile even she's not feeling 100%.
Charity and Kelly keep asking things like, "when will our baby sister be able to come home from the hospital?.... and then when can she sleep in our room?" Then I heard Charity giving everyone the run down on how it goes.... "hospital 3 days, sleep in mom and dad's room for a while, and THEN SHE CAN SLEEP IN OUR ROOM!!!!....... and she's sleeping in the middle!"
I had felt my baby move a few times (back when I announced that) and then I didn't feel her move for a while after. And for about the last 3 days before my ultrasound, I didn't feel her even budge. It was driving me crazy!! I don't know why I worry so much, but I think we've just been so blessed with all of our children and their coming into the world that I'm almost waiting for something bad to happen (sounds a little pessimistic wouldn't ya say). But anyway, I just find it really funny that as soon as we had our ultrasound, she has not stopped moving :) Like she just wanted me to acknowledge that she was a girl, and not a boy like I kept saying. Or maybe she just wanted me to be more grateful for each little movement. Either way, it worked. I do love the movement, it's always something I miss after they're born (which is silly, but...). I'm really excited for this little girl to come to our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment