"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Future Memories

- Friday night we got to tend Charlie and when Brent and Sarah (and Alvin :) ) picked him up Steve talked Brent into playing the Wii.  I loved having family over and just playing around.  Fun stuff even if it was short lived :)  It's nice that everyone's feeling better and can be around each other again :)  (1-28-11)

- Saturday we spent the day cleaning.  We started a new thing on Saturdays.  Everyone has an "adopted room" (got the idea from my teaching partner in Primary) that we have to have spotless on Saturdays.  It only took about an hour to get it all done.  Once you finish your room you help someone else.  Nate and Luke did the Bathroom, Charity did the Family room, Kelly did the Office, Bradley did the Living room, and Noah and Erika and I just sat around doing nothing.  HA!  Actually I was pretty drugged up and in a lot of pain during this part.  Luckily the pain went away for part of the day though.  Don't I have a great family- they still clean even though the one bossing them around is sitting on the couch curled up in a ball.  Good stuff.  (1-29-11) 

- Saturday night we went to Lignell's house for dinner.  After being told we have too many kids by the furniture salesman, it was nice to hang out with people who feel the same way about big families that we do.  I loved how Scott put it, "it's like people don't realize that you think of your big family as a GOOD THING!"  So true.  I do love my "big family".  Wouldn't trade them for the world.  Not one of them.  The Lignells are really nice to hang out with.  So relaxing.  Even if we did plan and reschedule about 3 times before finally making it over there.  They're so forgiving too.

- Monday was a crazy day!!  I took Erika and Kelly to the Dentist amidst it all and that went MUCH better than I had planned.  I like that our new dentist doesn't lecture me about brushing.  I'm doing my best.  Yes we do miss a few days here and there.... we're not perfect.  Lucky for you, Mr. Dentist, because now you're making a lot of money out of our lazy/forgetfulness.  Kelly did great!  She has a cavity to fill and two teeth to pull.  She's very excited about her appointment for tomorrow (for some reason....).  Erika LOVED sitting in the chair before it was her turn.  She DIDN'T love sitting on my lap in the chair and having her teeth poked and prodded.  She screamed.  But the good thing is, her teeth look good and it's another six months before she has to go again!  Yay for her.  Every six months.  Really??  Well, my bad for skipping a year or so in between visits.  The rest of the kids will have their cleanings on Wednesday.  yippee.

- My Mom totally saved the day today, picked up Brad, picked up my girls, AND took Kelly to dance and picked her up at the end.  How nice of her!!  Nate's car was dead and in order to save him time I let him take the Expedition.  Couldn't have done that without her.  (1-31-11)

No comments: