What a great day Tuesday was!!! I know I changed the layout of my posts to put a whole bunch of these kinds of posts together and condensed, and that's probably where this should be, but I just had too much to say. I wanted it to be in it's own post. Tuesday was my shopping day this week. I was all pumped to hit two stores and get all my stuff I'd planned out with my coupons. I always get really excited to do my shopping because I like to watch the total go down after they ring in my coupons. But anyway. I decided I'd brave it with the four younger kids with me. This is not a post about how the shopping trip went, it was actually very uneventful.... my kids do SO well at the store. I know this because people are always telling me what good kids they are. I'm glad they point it out because I'm so oblivious I may not have ever noticed. So anyway, back to the point of this post. I had told Noah that we were going to go to Target and then Smith's and as we pulled into the Smith's parking lot he said, "Is this Smith's?" And I said, "yes". Then he mumbled something else that sounded like he wanted to see something there, so I (bad mom, I know) just said, "uh huh." THEN he said, "Can I shake his hand?" HUH? um.... okay, let's backtrack.... "Wait, what are you talking about?" Frustrated, Noah said, "Dosuf Smif! Can we see him and shake his hand?" My heart totally skipped a beat!!! My sweet little three year old thinks Smith's, the boring old grocery store, is "Joseph Smith's"! SO ADORABLE!!!! Awwwwww. I just wanted to die. Anyway, we had to talk about the fact that Joseph Smith has died and is with Heavenly Father now and that when we die, THEN we can shake his hand. I think he was a little let down, but oh, what a sweet feeling that was. Makes me think he's actually hearing the Joseph Smith book while he's running around, bouncing off the walls with Luke and Erika. And that makes me happy.
And speaking of happy..... I spend a lot of time complaining about people who bug me or say annoying things, or people who are just plain rude. I know, probably too often, but this time, I wanted to tell about something different. As I was unloading my 2 carts full of groceries into the car, this car, driving down the parking lot aisle, comes creeping by, and then stopped. I began running through scenarios of what this person could want.... are they waiting to have my spot? that would be stupid, can't they see how much stuff I have to unload still?..... are they going to come point out that my 1 year old is sitting in the cart by herself in the kind of cold air while I unload and tell me that she needs a coat or a hat? what should I say back to them?.... maybe they can't get around my other cart?? did I pull it out of the way enough??.... all of these things quickly made their way through my head. Then this sweet lady hops out of the car and walks over and says, "What can I do? Can I put your daughter in the car for you?" Of course.... she's bugged that my baby's in the cold.... "No, I just leave her in the cart so that I don't have to listen to her scream in her carseat while I unload all the groceries" (true? yes. but the wrong conclusion to jump to) Then she sweetly says, "Well, can I help put the groceries in then?" What? You're just here to help me? Whoa!!! Well wow!!! How nice!!! I think my jaw had dropped by then. She was SO NICE!!! She stood there and handed me my groceries from the cart so that I could put them in the car quicker. So nice. I'm still in awe. Then we had a fun conversation about my many boxes of cereal and how her son who is in Afghanistan (figures that a woman who shows such charity would have taught a son who grew up to be a member of our armed forces.... takes a certain person I think) likes Cinnamon Toast Crunch too. What a neat lady. She was just so cool. makes me want to do that for someone else someday. Someday soon too.
After the grocery shopping, when I was unloading the groceries, cute little Luke got this fun idea to turn the grocery bags into parachutes! I have no idea where he got the idea unless he remembers things from years and years ago..... not likely. Then he went and got hair things to hook his little tiny stuffed kitty to the parachute. Pretty ingenius if you ask me. He searched the house for the highest thing to stand on to drop his kitty from. He was kind enough to make one for Noah too using Brad's mini Spiderman toy. It was so fun for them! They played for a long time!
Charity's Teepee was due Wednesday, so of course we spent a lot of the evening doing that project. I thought we were so good to start on it on Monday, but if you don't finish it..... it's as good as starting the day before. Oh well. It turned out alright. I could tell she wasn't overly thrilled with how it turned out though. If only we'd had more time to really go all out. She said later that a lot of the other kids' were much bigger. Better luck on the next project I guess.
Kelly wanted in on the project fun, so she insisted (I'm glad she did) that she do her Jaguar project at the same time. Hers was mostly done Monday, so it wasn't too much work. Hers wasn't due until Friday though, so.... little pat on our backs.... she turned hers in early and actually did her report Wednesday also. Which, since I was at the school already for the Box Tops Store, I got to go watch her present it. She did such a great job! She's so easygoing about talking in front of people. As she should be. I was really proud of her.
It was a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment