- Thursday night was the 10th anniversary of our engagement. Sometimes I think it's nicer to not celebrate Valentine's on the day of, and we have this convenient little "anniversary" to excuse it, so we celebrate the anniversary and Valentine's together on the 17th a lot of times. It wasn't really my year to plan it, but Nate insisted that we trade this year since he didn't want me to have to plan all of our big anniversaries (10th, 20th, 30th) they would have all fallen on my turn. So anyway, we went to dinner at Applebee's and then went and did Sealings in the Salt Lake temple. What a treat that night was!!! I wish I could tell you all about it. But I can't think of a better way to celebrate the day of love :) Thanks to Brent and Sarah for making that possible. 2-17-11
- Nate's Parents threw a little Valentine's Party for all the grandkids! It's such a huge undertaking to plan anything for so many kids, but they always do and the kids always have a blast. They had the boys make dinner for the girls this time. Last year it was the girls. Then they played games and stuff. They kept playing when we got there and we got to watch. My favorite part was at the end, the kids were all performing for each other (of their own accord). Charity and Kelly did their play songs, Brad did some of his little "flips" and hand walking, Noah went up and enjoyed the spotlight with his buddy Jarom. SO CUTE!!! They sang the alphabet and I Am A Child Of God and kept going back up to the front to do more :) I LOVED it!!! If only I'd had my camera, they were even holding hands!!!! Fun stuff. I love that Nate's parents will sacrifice an evening to do that for our kids. 2-19-11
- So Sunday nearly killed me. I had way too many moments in the spotlight for my liking. (I say spotlight, but it's really just me.... still working on not getting so nervous!) Charity gave a talk which for me was such a neat thing!!! I had helped her with it the day before, but I say helped very lightly, I couldn't believe how much of her talk she wrote herself and how well written it was! She really did a great job of grasping the concept. It was about how the scriptures teach us of the Plan. I love watching her do big girl things and can't wait to see what she accomplishes in her life. Doesn't mean I don't have moments of "stay young!!!! quit growing!!!", but there are some fun things to dsee her do. I had to hurry and ditch my Primary class to go watch her give it, she did fantastic! Then I went back and taught my lesson. Then first thing in Primary I helped Luke with his scripture (don't ask me WHY this makes me nervous!! I was totally shaking though!). Then in Sacrament meeting we all sang "I Am A Child Of God". No, you didn't read that wrong. We all sang in front of the whole ward. Not my idea of a good time. I think I almost threw up that morning just thinking about it all. It's weird to too because generally I'm okay with singing in front of people. But this time felt so much more nerve racking. Like laying out every piece of me for people to see and judge. I need to stop thinking that everyone's just sitting there judging my family, I know, but that's really what it was that was bothering me I think. My family is my most precious possession. But for that reason, for a split second while we were singing, I realized what a neat experience that was. I'm not sure what possessed them to ask us to sing, but I will say, I am grateful for any opportunity to work out of this crazy problem I have going on. I like being able to put serving the Lord first. And that is why I will bust my butt this week to learn the songs on the Organ for next Sunday and get up and play the hymns for Sacrament meeting! AAAAAAAHHH!!!! I am SO NERVOUS!!!! 2-20-11
- Last Sunday the kids and I started reading this Joseph Smith book together that Aunt Jen gave us for Christmas. We were supposed to have read it a while ago, it was the second challenge, but alas we are late for something else, what else is knew. Anyway. We read it again this Sunday and it is such a great book! And it's SO fun to talk so much about Joseph Smith! The girls have loved it and we've had a really hard time putting it down. I'm so grateful for things like this that give me a vehicle to teach my children about the Gospel. Sometimes it's hard to come up with these things on our own. I'm not sure why, but finding the right things to teach about are usually the hardest part for me. Once I get on a topic, I could go on for days. So it's nice when it's just handed to me. I think that's what I love about having the kids give talks in Primary too. It's just nice to feel like they're getting something useful in their cute little heads :). In Charity's prayer that night she thanked Heavenly Father for "all the translatings". I don't know if she would have thought to do thank Him for that if it hadn't been for the book. I loved it. 2-20-11
- President's Day was less than exciting at our house. I know it's not a big holiday, but it's a day off from school and it kinda bummed me out that we didn't do more. Oh well. Nobody was really feeling that great I don't think. We didn't manage to squeeze in a movie night that night with our new Brother Bear movie, popcorn and ice cream. The kids told me that I was the best mom in the whole world, so apparently I was able to make up for the boring rest of the day. 2-21-11
No comments:
Post a Comment