
We were in charge of planning the Easter party this year. We wanted to do something just a little different besides just the egg hunt, so we thought of Kite-flying! Unfortunately the weather didn't have the same idea. The wind was MIA. Apparently it was the one day out of the month that there isn't wind in Daybreak. Go figure :) We did manage to get some of our kites up.... thankfully they were the cheap dollar ones from Wally world. The kids would let them up and then run and that seemed to work for the most part. It was still fun and even though these pictures are horrible, I wanted to have them to put in the book. This just proves how important it is to use a tripod when you're using a zoom lens from really far away. I was being climbed on for part of the time, and the rest of it, just shaking (like usual), so..... sorry, but it's not the quality of the pictures that matters for these :)

Kelly got her googley-eyed Penguin (aka: baby owl) up a little :) She seemed to be having fun and Darren was very helpful.


Caleb had his kite WAAYYYYYY up there.... he was a little more educated than the little ones, and knew to let out the string as he ran.



Erika did a lot of scooting down the hill. I was worried that her pants would be stained, but they weren't. That's a very good think. Love the bald spot. This little girl just can't keep her hair for some reason!

I don't know why, but I like this picture. I just think it's funny how easily Erika pesters Noah. She really doesn't have to try. I hope these two will be better friends again someday though. I know they were close in the Pre-earth life.

Charity wouldn't even try her Barbie kite this time. She's so funny about Barbie.

This was supposed to be a really cool picture of everyone with their kites up in the air, but well.... yeah.... didn't quite work out.




Far more exciting than kite-flying, for Charity, is walking her cousins' dogs. She is obsessed. One day though, she'll have her own.



So once everyone got there, Nate and I headed down to the park to hide the 400 and somethin' (I lost count unfortunately) eggs. Sounds like a lot right? Well, each kid only got 13-15.... crazy huh! It was difficult (to say the least) to hide them all. We ended up just spreading a lot of them around on the lawn. I babysat the eggs (and two little girls who thought I didn't see them stealing the candy out of the eggs) while Nate went and got everyone. Nate's Mom came and kept me company. She's so cute riding around on her recumbant bike. She sure gets around. The egg hunt went fast (especially for me since I had to run back to the car to get the camera), but I tried to get a few pictures. It's fun to watch all the kids helping each other and finding eggs for the little ones. I think most of them had a really good time.







"look Mommy, I got one with a star sticker!!" Nate's mom had a table FULL of prizes to be redeemed for star stickers on the select eggs. I think that's a fun idea. Especially for kids who are not eating candy right now ;)


Here's the whole group. I wish we would have tried just a little harder to get them set up differently. Oh well. Who wants to be in charge of that anyway.



This was Erika's first egg hunt (that she was walking and coherent :)) and I thought she did it like a pro! She was hard to contain at the beginning, she was out there, gathering them before she even knew what to do with them! Even before she knew there was candy in them! Funny girl.

Noah ate the candy as he emptied his eggs :) HA! He was so cute about it all. It's fun to watch them get older and get more into the traditions and know more what they're doing. (if there's anything good about them getting older that would be it :) )
2 comments:
I thought the Easter Egg hunt was so fun! And by the way everyone I AM obsessed with dogs.
I love your girls' hair-dos in these pictures!! So adorable.
Post a Comment