"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Monday, September 26, 2011

Future Memories

- Monday, Nate and I and Erika and Noah went on a 5 1/2 mile walk all around.  We went on our usual walk, up to the school and then over toward Island View Park, then up over and down to Parrish Lane.  This time we went down to 300 E so that we could fill up our jug with the well water.  I love walks with Nate.  We have such a good time.  It's such good talking time.  And not just for us, Noah and Erika talk up a storm!  Erika chose to cry that particular morning, but they also sang some "We Will We Will Rock You!" or "Wah Wah" as Erika says the last part.  It was so nice.  9-19-11

- Tuesday Erika got her finger pinched in the visor of the stroller.  It totally ripped the skin off the tip of her finger!  I couldn't believe how bad it looked!  It happened while I was in the school helping in Bradley's class, so by the time I saw her, she was done crying.  But it was way cute because when she saw me the first thing she did was show me her owie.  She was very solemn about it.  It almost made her cry again just looking at it.  Nate had had to carry her while pushing our double jogging stroller for about 1/2 a mile.  While she screamed and cried.  Sounds like something I'm glad I missed out on, but should have been there for. 9-20-11

- Wednesday we went down to Jen's work to meet her to take her out for her birthday lunch.  Nate's parents joined us.  We ate at Zupas and it was very yummy!  I think I'll have to go there again sometime!  I didn't love spending the whole time in the bathroom with Noah complaining that they don't have any "pee ones", but I do love the simplicity of taking 2 kids out to eat.  It was nice the day before, we went to Applebee's with the three little ones and it really is just so simple and enjoyable.  I don't think the older kids add any more chaos, it's just the large number that makes it less simple I think.  Jen seemed to enjoy her lunch as well.  It's always good to hang out with her.  Even if Erika and Noah were totally shy and never really warmed up to her.  9-21-11

- Wednesday night was a tricky one.  I think it was a combination of my workout, and then just still feeling crappy from this cold thing I have, but I was EXHAUSTED!  I had no energy!!  I was dreading bedtime (particularly Erika's bedtime) all day.  Which is just lame because my kids do relatively well these days.  But I was struggling with even dinner time.  I decided we needed to clean up a little and thought up this great idea to bribe the kids (oh, I mean REWARD the kids) with a trip to get some ice cream if they could do the upstairs in a certain amount of time.  (We set my stopwatch and do speed cleaning to see how fast we can do.  It's somewhat of a pointless way to clean up, but it's good enough sometimes.)  So anyway, my plan was for Erika to fall asleep on the way home.  And lucky for me, the kids did the cleaning, with little complaints, we went out to Arctic Circle in our jammies, and Erika fell asleep ON THE WAY THERE, so we just went through the drive thru.  I made the kids sit in the car for a bit while I took Erika in and put her in bed.  It was perfect.  I was relieved.  Brad got to have his 10 minutes and all was well!  (We started a new thing a couple weeks ago that a friend told me about.  Each kid gets a special day of the week.  They are the special helper, and they get to choose where they sit in the car and at the dinner table, and then they get to stay up 10 extra minutes at night.  So far I'm unimpressed.  Mainly because it turns into 30 or 60 minutes with me having to get Erika to sleep still.  So I'm not sure we'll keep it up.  But if we do, we're going to be adding the other element... DISHES to the mix.  My friend's kids have to do the dishes on their day as well.  I think it's a great idea.)

- Thursday was thursday.... still no improvement.   9-22-11

- Nate made us some yummy salmon on Friday.  SOOOOOO delicious.  Grilling Salmon was one of the many qualities I didn't get to experience before we got married.... just an added bonus to the perfect package I picked out to spend eternity with.  He made the whole dinner actually and I loved it!  The girls had late nights with their friends.... lotsa fun! 9-23-11

- Halibut Tacos Sunday night!  Nate is awesome!!  The kids even ate them.  9-25-11

No comments: