"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter Sunday

Sunday was a very interesting day.  This Easter will go down in the books, I decided.  We got a call the night before from Debe saying that she and her kids needed a ward to go to and that they were coming with us to church.  I ran around the house going through all of our kids' clothes, past and present, for some Sunday clothes for her kids.  It was fun to feel like we could help someone.  That IS why I hang on to things.  I spent the rest of the night before, planning and preparing my Sharing Time lesson.  Then it was time for the Easter Bunny to come.
In the morning, the kids all spent a LOT of time searching for their baskets.  The Easter bunny got REALLY creative this year!  It was fun to see the kids using their baskets I sewed them last year, though Noah had lost his during the week sometime and chose to use the Halloween, pumpkin bucket instead.  It worked.  They got spoiled pretty good!  Kelly was really excited about the "Ice Cubes" gum, rather than a bunch of candy that she can't eat.  They got these really cute "eggs" that were shaped like bugs and turtles, instead of egg shapes :), with candy inside, I thought those were cute.
After the baskets, it was time to hurry and get ready.  Debe and her kids showed up and it all got a little chaotic after that :).  I still feel bad I never did get a picture of Erika or Bradley with their baskets.  I don't know why, I guess I was just too busy.  Bumbs me out.  I never do that!!  Either way though, we had a good time with it all and I can rest at ease knowing that they had fun too.




Church was hectic.  I'm a nervous wreck when I have to teach Sharing Time, and while I think it went okay for Senior primary, I was only left with 5 minutes in Junior Primary and I was so frantic, trying to cram as much as I could into my 5 minutes, I am afraid I missed a bunch.  It was crazy!  But it's done.  I think it went alright overall.
Sacrament meeting was interesting as well.  I was pleasantly surprised to see Steve and Jauslin show up and they sat behind us.  I think I was extra frazzled because Erika was on one and I didn't want to distract Steve and Jauslin (or anyone else for that matter) with her shenanigans.  But I was also trying to stay in the meeting in case Debe needed to leave with someone, I would be there to watch her kids.  It was just different.  I was reminded why I don't like to have treats there for the kids.  I hate the wrapper noises and the constant asking for them and eating them.  It is not necessary for our kids anymore, so when it's there, it's a distraction. 
When we got home, we threw some stuff in the bread maker for rolls and then sat and visited most of the afternoon.  Nate and Bradley did his remote control car, and the rest of us played and talked.  I loved that Kelly and Ruby put on an egg hunt for all the kids, that was a lot of fun.
My Mom and Simon came for dinner along with Steve and Jauslin.  So it was a full house.  Which I loved!!  I love being able to have people there to celebrate the holidays with.  We were slow with dinner, but it was well worth the wait.  It was a nice time.  We visited a little more and then crashed when it was time for bed.  I couldn't believe how tired I was.  That's the first Sunday in a while that I haven't had a nice long nap.



I love Easter.  Not just for the yummy candy, but for the remembrance of the Savior's Atonement.  I am so grateful for the knowledge of Him and his sacrifice.  I'm so grateful that I feel His love on a regular basis and that I am able to go to Him with anything.  It's nice to feel His presence and to see the little miracles he grants me each day.  I really am blessed.  It's fun to know that those miracles come from Him and that they are witness of his love.  I have a testimony of the miracle of the Atonement and I hope that I am making the most of this life He has given me.

No comments: