"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Friday, April 13, 2012

Last Day of Spring Break


Saturday was our official last day of Spring Break.  It was a pretty fun day, if I do say so myself.  Nate had worked the mid, so he got home at about 7:30 in the morning after working and shopping for some Easter eggs for the egg hunt.  He was pretty wiped out, so we tried to let him sleep.  I was surprised at how little he slept, but apparently it was good enough.... We let the kids relax all morning, then quickly did jobs, and morning stuff, so that we could have our Easter Egg Hunt.  We had invited the little neighbor girl down to have some fun with us, and then at the last minute we invited Stephanie and Sophie, and Sarah and her boys.  I thought it turned out pretty fun! Nate had bought over a hundred pre-filled (good one, Nate!) eggs, so there were plenty for the 10 kids participating.  It seemed like everyone had fun.  I was glad we had friends and family to share it with.

I think Bradley or Kelly had the camera... I will have to double check... but we got some fun pictures of everyone there...




Here's Buddy killing the duck...

and here's the duck... dead.




ooooh! A picture of Erika with her Eater basket... I may have to snatch this picture later for my Easter post.... I flaked out and didn't get one of her on Easter morning...










Kelly and Nate hid all the eggs since she couldn't really enjoy the candy... I'd say she did a pretty good job!  The kids were looking for quite a while.






After that, we played around in the yard, talked, it was very relaxing.

Everyone took a turn on the Teeter-Totter of death!  I'm so surprised no one has died from this (or at least had their face disfigured) in the year and a half that we've lived here!  Knock on wood...





We lost track of Alvin for a minute and look where we found him!!!  Crazy kid!  My favorite part was watching him later.  He would pull himself up to the next step and then use his chin to stabilize as he moved his hand up to the next.  Hilarious!


She's such a good dog trainer!!  He's doing really well!





If only I'd focused on his cute face better!




We then headed off to Kangaroo Zoo.  The kids were SO tired!!!  I couldn't believe how many times I saw one of them lay down on the ground, or just all the sweat that was dripping off of them.  It was nuts!  They kept coming over and sitting with Nate and I.  I kind of think they were just coming down from all the sugar.  Either way though, they seemed to have fun, minus the rug burns from the slides.
Nate and I spent most of the time reading through boy names on the internet.  This baby's name is just not jumping out at us.  It's kinda fun to read through all of them though.  Nate and I don't agree on most of the names, but there's got to be one we both like!  We'll find one!



I wish I'd gotten a picture of Noah's cute face when he saw this dragon one!!  He was so cute.  



 
After Kangaroo Zoo we decided we were hungry enough to go to Texas Roadhouse. I L O V E that restaurant!  The food there is so good.  It was a really fun time too, the kids all sat there with their manners showing and we all enjoyed it.  I do look forward to the days when everyone doesn't have to take 2+ trips to the bathroom when we're eating out.  But it was really fun.  We kept joking about telling our waiter it was Nate's birthday so that we could get them to come clap and cheer for him.  The kids get into that.  And we got some extra potato skins because our waiter screwed up on our appetizer :).  So that was nice :).  We left with 4 take home boxes though, so I don't think we were NEEDING the extra food :).  Good times.

1 comment:

Sarah Hatch said...

I'm gonna have to steal those pictures! Brent and I didn't do ANYTHING for Easter this year. We didn't even really teach the boys about the real meaning. Talk about failure on our part. Oh well. I'll steal some of your pictures for scrapbooking. :)